my winter build

General Car Related Discussion
Andyscums

my winter build

Postby Andyscums » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:14

So this winter thankfully I will finally have a garage, also I have been saving to finally be able to dump some real money into my car. With any luck by spring my car will be almost where I want it to be other than my tranny.

Mods:

big turbo (3076)
boost controller
turbo manifold
suspension
oil catch can
shifter plate/bushings
one step colder plugs
boost tubes
e85 tune
and if there is a reasonable amount left then clutch

Luckily now that I have finally fixed my truck and it was significantly less than I thought it would be, I said the hell with it and figured it was time. Anyone who is interested in learning/putting in some wrench time/hanging out is more than welcome. my buddy jake and I plan on starting in NOV.

I am well aware of what a bitch its going to be to do the turbo and manifold, but for anyone that has a catch can, I am definitely not familiar with installing these. I am told it isn't a very difficult process, any wise words would be greatly appreciated.
Autotech fuel internals, JBR egr delete, JBR throttle body gasket, eBay catless dp, cnt cat back, port and polished intake manifold, cxracing fmic, Cobb turbo inlet, cpe CAI, turbosmart BOV, corks port short shift plate, corksport 70mm shifter bushings

Andyscums

Postby Andyscums » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:14

And the goal is to be done with it by feb.
Autotech fuel internals, JBR egr delete, JBR throttle body gasket, eBay catless dp, cnt cat back, port and polished intake manifold, cxracing fmic, Cobb turbo inlet, cpe CAI, turbosmart BOV, corks port short shift plate, corksport 70mm shifter bushings

_AlexTM

Postby _AlexTM » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:14

Dude in. Plus hopefully ill have my XT soon and ill need help with that.
SOLD 2004 Mazda3 hatch

2004 Java Black Pearl Forester XT :D

Andyscums

Postby Andyscums » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:14

Lets do it dude!

erod550

Postby erod550 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:14

Re: catch can. Here's a how-to with a ton of pics. I had this same can in the same location on mine, but I bought it in a kit with pre-cut hoses and the bracket already made. Hardest part is getting at the connection on the bottom of the intake manifold. Very tight squeeze in there.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123711318-How-to-MS3-Catch-Can-Install-with-tons-of-pics
2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way
1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:
2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0
2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT
2005 Flame Red SRT-4

Andyscums

Thanks for the how to. That wont be a problem because I am installing it once I get my intake manifold back from being port and polished. So it will all be done at the same time. Well at least those 2 will. the BT and manifold will be done after that

Mortose

Postby Mortose » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:14

Exhaust mani is cake,turbo is a bit of a pain, what catch can you gunna have? If you need help, let me know man.

And enjoy the boost lag. Lol

Andyscums

Hopefully once I get a decent tune my lag won't be so bad lol I'm not sure about catch cans yet, anything you suggest? I'm not concerned about doing to turbo I just know a few wrenches will be thrown haha I might be rolling down there for help on the catch can, we will see once I get there.

Mortose

Postby Mortose » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:14

Not to be a downer on your choice, because they do make a ton of power, but I've ridden in two speed3's with 3076's, and it takes forever. Lol. I would reccomend a gtx3071, still high power but a little faster spool.

I'm running a gtx2867r, and I'm making about 400 corrected on an e85 mix. So it really depends on your power goals, and what your going to use it for.

Andyscums

Well it's sill going to be my daily, I just want a faster daily haha. And I will look into both other choices for a turbo.

Return to “Car Chat”