No emissions county

General Car Related Discussion
Huzer

Postby Huzer » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:14

Cesaros wrote:i dont think so...i have a MD license, wyoming registration and MD residence...ive talked to a patrol officer about it and there isnt anything wrong with it.

Aren't you military though? Military is different, you can be registered/licensed in either the state you're currently residing in, your home state, or whatever collection of both.

dommo_g

Postby dommo_g » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:14

chickenwafer wrote:No emissions in Larimer county. When we registered they didn't require a utility bill or anything for proof of residency....

That's good. I registered my SRT-4 in Weld and they asked for a utility bill, they gave me a hard time about my insurance being a different address, and they made me change my address on my license.

MazdaTom

Postby MazdaTom » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:14

I got stopped by a CSP not long after I moved here from KS because my plate cover had become scratched up and hard to see through. I had CO insurance but KS driver's license and plates. This particular CSP trooper was very nice and said that since he lives near me that he would see me again and if I still had on KS plates, he'd ticket me (I seriously doubt he'd actually remember, but I got the hint and got my CO plates and license).

And Josh, I think the word you're looking for when you try to trick a company (insurance) or the government is called FRAUD. I bet a pretty guy like yourself wouldn't have a hard time fitting in (or getting fit in) on the inside.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1997 Explorer XLT - 4.0 SOHC V6 Controltrac 4x4
mods- 30" BFGs, AAL + TT = 1.5" lift, more to come

Cesaros

Postby Cesaros » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:14

Huzer wrote:Aren't you military though? Military is different, you can be registered/licensed in either the state you're currently residing in, your home state, or whatever collection of both.

true true, good catch.

remarquian

Postby remarquian » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:14

What if you have a winter house in Florida?

Do you have to drive your Florida car all the way up to Denver to have it smogged every other year?

I don't think so.....

MazdaGurl

Postby MazdaGurl » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:14

Good point. But I'm sure there's something illegal about this.

It's not what you drive, it's how you drive it.

Greek8: I swear Angie has some sort of freak car.

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:14

iim not registering in WY and what fees are you talking about?
Heavy duty adjustable dog leashes
http://www.TitanTuff.com

SpeedRacer

point of the matter is car wont pass emissions tried 3 times so far even with 104 octane and upping boost so yes i either change my address or weld 2 stock cats onto a test pipe i really dont care. it needs to pass so i can title the car and my loan doesnt get changed into a personsl loan

AIM WO4

Postby AIM WO4 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:14

Jeez... Any way to tune in lean for the emissions?

I used to do that back in the days of carburetors...
AIM WO4
[color=#339966][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][color=gray]CMZƆ[/color][/color][/font]
[size=75]2012 Sinful Sallow, Evo X GSR[/SIZE]

Ranger

Postby Ranger » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:14

MazdaGurl wrote:If you get pulled over and they see a WY registration + CO license...you're f'd. Don't be stupid Josh...just pay the fees.

It's not that easy for some of us, unfortunately...if it were a matter of just paying the emissions fee I'd have no problem. My problem is that I'd have to spend close to a grand on emissions parts (that were removed from my car by a previous owner) and re-tuning my car to make it pass. My car would also take a HUGE performance hit by doing this. I realize it's my own stupid fault for having a car that won't pass, but I didn't know what I was getting into when I bought it...Colorado increased the emissions standards last year. Thus I have been looking for a "technically" legal way to register my car in a non-emissions county, but like others have said, apparently the state is cracking down on these types of activities.

SpeedRacer

exactly what ranger said

MazdaTom

Postby MazdaTom » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:14

There's nobody in the Dub club with the parts sitting on a shelf in the garage that you'd need?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1997 Explorer XLT - 4.0 SOHC V6 Controltrac 4x4

mods- 30" BFGs, AAL + TT = 1.5" lift, more to come

MazdaGurl

Postby MazdaGurl » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:14

Josh...I know what you're trying to do...I accidentally received an email which was a reply to a PM you sent to a member. #1 STUPID #2 ILLEGAL #3 Why buy a car that's not emission passable? They put emission laws in effect for a reason.

Just my .02. If it won't pass emissions, it shouldn't be on the streets.

It's not what you drive, it's how you drive it.

Greek8: I swear Angie has some sort of freak car.

Cesaros

Postby Cesaros » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:14

my car after my exhaust wont pass emissions...but no emission law in WY, obviously its ok to have it on the streets...maybe not in an overpopulated area...

deepSpeedMS3

Postby deepSpeedMS3 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:14

off topic? if i were to put a test pipe (race pipe) on the MS3 (thats it...no other exhaust mod) would i pass emissions? ne one know?
B) deepSpeed MS3 B)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Going fast and looking good...it's not a hobby, it's a lifestyle. EdgeAutosport.com [size=100]- [/SIZE]- [size=100]Supplying parts to all major imports [/SIZE] - Locally owned in Colorado

Return to “Car Chat”