Cp-e Downpipe W/hiflow Cat

General Car Related Discussion
firestoned

Postby firestoned » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:14

Does anybody have this downpipe? Im wondering how much of a gain Ill get by doing the optional hiflow cat on there..(hate those CEL's)
http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.ph...products_id=318

I noticed alot are doing the turboxs downpipes, whats the difference between the two?

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:14

CPE has an option to add a Cat while TurboXS doesn't.

I have TurboXS and my gains were bout 20whp and 15tq I believe? If you want reliability, great customer service, and a good reputable company go CPE. If you just want the cheap stuff (like me for now) go with Turboxs.
Heavy duty adjustable dog leashes
http://www.TitanTuff.com

firestoned

It looks like a bitch to install...can the normal joe do it, or should I have a shop do it ya think?

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:14

Normal joe can. But I wouldn't and didn't I had a shop do it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (firestoned @ Sep 26 2007, 11:45 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=1813]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
It looks like a bitch to install...can the normal joe do it, or should I have a shop do it ya think?[/b]
Heavy duty adjustable dog leashes

http://www.TitanTuff.com

Mr.jake

Postby Mr.jake » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:14

I did my own. Pffff....just cause I didnt have the money to pay someone else to do it. If you plan on doing it on the speed6 takes about 6 hours. Not a fun mod to do but you get pretty good gains.

firestoned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Spatty @ Sep 26 2007, 12:57 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=1825]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
I did my own. Pffff....just cause I didnt have the money to pay someone else to do it. If you plan on doing it on the speed6 takes about 6 hours. Not a fun mod to do but you get pretty good gains.[/b]

6 hrs?!?!?! holy shit, that means a shop is charging 6 hours labor... Cha-ching

Mr.jake

Postby Mr.jake » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:14

That is why I did mine my self. I rented a lift at autobayz. They were super cool there. Only cost me 150 bucks I think to rent the lift for the whole time.

AIM WO4

Postby AIM WO4 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:14

... and I have a lift just sittin' around.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Spatty @ Sep 26 2007, 01:22 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=1830]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
That is why I did mine my self. I rented a lift at autobayz. They were super cool there. Only cost me 150 bucks I think to rent the lift for the whole time.[/b]
AIM WO4
[color=#339966][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][color=gray]CMZƆ[/color][/color][/font]
[size=75]2012 Sinful Sallow, Evo X GSR[/SIZE]

arctic_blue83

Postby arctic_blue83 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:14

Yes you will have great gains with the DP, regardless of whether is catted or not, you might lose about 2-4whp with the catted version, not too much. It will probably not throw a CEL, but then again, it's pretty easy to get the car not to throw a CEL from having no cats, you can just solder a diode into the black wire on the lower O2 sensor.

Install time, if you know what you're doing, can probably be done in about 5-6 hours or so depending on how many complications you have. The turboxs DP (which isn't available for the Speed6 yet, on the Speed3) is a "shorty" DP, see the "official exhaust thread" above for more info on the differences between a "shorty" and a "full length" DP.

firestoned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (arctic_blue83 @ Sep 26 2007, 03:22 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=1858]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Yes you will have great gains with the DP, regardless of whether is catted or not, you might lose about 2-4whp with the catted version, not too much. It will probably not throw a CEL, but then again, it's pretty easy to get the car not to throw a CEL from having no cats, you can just solder a diode into the black wire on the lower O2 sensor.

Install time, if you know what you're doing, can probably be done in about 5-6 hours or so depending on how many complications you have. The turboxs DP (which isn't available for the Speed6 yet, on the Speed3) is a "shorty" DP, see the "official exhaust thread" above for more info on the differences between a "shorty" and a "full length" DP.[/b]

i did the diode on my 6i, if it will work on the speed6 too, I might go that route...nothin like ruining the ozone

arctic_blue83

Postby arctic_blue83 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (firestoned @ Sep 26 2007, 03:27 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=1859]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
i did the diode on my 6i, if it will work on the speed6 too, I might go that route...nothin like ruining the ozone[/b]

Yeah, none of my cars ever keep cats on them for long lol.

MS3_Mafia

Postby MS3_Mafia » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:14

Wow, had no idea it'd take that long to install a DP. What makes it such a lengthy process?
2007 Mazdaspeed3 Sport</span>
-Mazdaspeed Short Ram Intake
-HKS SSQV Bov
-Tein S-Tech Springs
-225/40/18 Nitto Neo Gen Tires on RX-8 Wheels

<span style="color:#FF0000">http://www.JTuned.com

arctic_blue83

Postby arctic_blue83 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MS3_Mafia @ Sep 27 2007, 01:58 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=1940]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Wow, had no idea it'd take that long to install a DP. What makes it such a lengthy process?[/b]

On a MS6, you have to remove about 4 heat shields, the TMIC, a few couplings, two O2 sensors, the passenger side motor mount, the rear wishbone motor mount, you also have to bust all the turbo bolts loose, which is a PITA, and if you have a full length DP you will have to remove 3 different exhaust pipes separately. After all of that, you have to get someone to rock the motor forward (which is why you remove the motor mounts) while you attempt to pull the DP out of the top. After that, you have to reinstall the new DP and put everything back together.... maybe if you have a few people that were total pros, and a lift, it could be done in maybe 4.5 hours?!? For a Speed3 it shouldn't take as long, as you don't have to remove any of the motor mounts, the DP comes out the bottom, much easier.

MS3_Mafia

Postby MS3_Mafia » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (arctic_blue83 @ Sep 27 2007, 06:40 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=1943]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
On a MS6, you have to remove about 4 heat shields, the TMIC, a few couplings, two O2 sensors, the passenger side motor mount, the rear wishbone motor mount, you also have to bust all the turbo bolts loose, which is a PITA, and if you have a full length DP you will have to remove 3 different exhaust pipes separately. After all of that, you have to get someone to rock the motor forward (which is why you remove the motor mounts) while you attempt to pull the DP out of the top. After that, you have to reinstall the new DP and put everything back together.... maybe if you have a few people that were total pros, and a lift, it could be done in maybe 4.5 hours?!? For a Speed3 it shouldn't take as long, as you don't have to remove any of the motor mounts, the DP comes out the bottom, much easier.[/b]

Wow, that is alot and time consuming. Thanks for the info.
2007 Mazdaspeed3 Sport</span>
-Mazdaspeed Short Ram Intake
-HKS SSQV Bov
-Tein S-Tech Springs
-225/40/18 Nitto Neo Gen Tires on RX-8 Wheels

<span style="color:#FF0000">http://www.JTuned.com

Return to “Car Chat”