car meet?

General Car Related Discussion
borisovich

car meet?

Postby borisovich » Tue May 03, 2011 9:14

do you guys do like car meets or something like that? because i usually go to the car meets on sunday from nation wide "crew" and im the only miata there =) so if you guys want come over enjoy cars and there is a cruise after the meet =)

Learjet45

Postby Learjet45 » Tue May 03, 2011 9:14

There are some meets pretty often. NoCo folk have fewer than the Springs folk, and us Denver folk do meets fairly often. They generally aren't huge, but there can be a decent turn out. Look in the meets section. On Thursday this week, people are meeting over at the Old Chicago off C-470 and Broadway at like 5PM I think. Colorado Springs has meets on Friday nights when weather is nice and people show interest. There hasn't been one for a couple weeks I don't think, but there had also been Starbucks meets over at the Starbucks in Glendale (Cherry Creek area) on Colorado Boulevard on Sunday nights (might have moved to Microcenters).

Again, just check out the meets section for info on meets. We're planning a nice big cruise in a couple weeks on Sunday, May 22nd. We're starting with a tech day at Mazda of Lakewood (if MSP_SuperStreet would ever post the thread with info :p) and then leaving around 1-2 or 2-3 to go on a cruise up into the mountains a bit back down into Denver.
[color="Blue"]2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i PZEV - Current Ride, 100% stock[/color]
[color="Gray"]2005 Mazda 6i Pebble Ash Metallic - Dead[/color]

borisovich

the sunday microcenter meet is moved now =) i go to them =) owner called cops on us and now idk where we going to go, after microcenter most people went to toysRus next to parkmeadows mall on countyline so im going to go there but im deff looking forward to the meet on thursday =) im even off that day xD and can i bring some of my friends even that they dont drive miatas? =)

Learjet45

Bring as many friends as you want!

Also, if we want to move the Starbucks meets out there (Park Meadows) then I'll go more :p Five minutes from my house. There's always the Park Meadows mall which will start having nice big empty parts of the parking lot at like 7 and 8 on Sunday nights.

borisovich

i live like 5 minutes from there too =) arapahoe and holly xD

Learjet45

You're really close to me. I'm County Line and Quebec. Do you live in Homestead?

borisovich

no i live in sterling point apartments, and are there a lot of miatas come out?

Learjet45

I'm haven't been to a Buffalo Wild Wings meet (well I guess this month it's Old Chicago :p) for a few months (last one we had I think) and I don't remember if there were any Miatas. I think it's mostly Speed3s, some 8s, 7s. Just depends on who can make it when.

I live over in Willow Creek off Quebec between County Line and Dry Creek. If you know where the Safeway is at County Line and Quebec in that shopping center, then it's not hard to walk to my house :p It's pretty much a staight shot up a small sidewalk path from my house to that shopping center. It puts you out behind the cleaners.

borisovich

well its close to us so im deff going to go and check it out =) but i put apexi ws2 replica on my miata exhaust
and basically my miata sounds like a freaking honda now =( so DOES any body have any after market exhaust that at least wouldn't sound like a honda like one you dont need? =) that you can give away? =)

Dange

Postby Dange » Tue May 03, 2011 9:14

bobilo wrote:well its close to us so im deff going to go and check it out =) but i put apexi ws2 replica on my miata exhaust
and basically my miata sounds like a freaking honda now =( so DOES any body have any after market exhaust that at least wouldn't sound like a honda like one you dont need? =) that you can give away? =)

thats why i was suggesting the tsudo/obx exhausts in your other thread :p at least you didnt spend too much on an exhaust. but id check out those ones on ebay they arent free but they are pretty cheap.
or tear of the apexi, and get a magnaflow or borla installed like i did with my old 1990. it sounds like this
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl0OfLOlLTk&feature=related"]YouTube - 1990 miata with magnaflow exhaust[/ame]

to be honest ive never heard a miata sound good with a canister.
they all tend to sound like this

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsTiYNokutc&feature=related"]YouTube - Mazda miata 1,6 with magnaflow exhaust[/ame]
04MSMGT

borisovich

ill try to make a video of my exhaust =) in total i payed 125$
so... i was thinking of just cutting off the muffler =) and see how that sounds

Dange

Postby Dange » Tue May 03, 2011 9:14

tbh itll probably sound worse. good at idle but, give it any revs it'll sound like a emphysema patient weezing into a kazzoo

edit: yep heres an example [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFFBHP2DMlM"]YouTube - Straight Pipe Miata[/ame]
04MSMGT

borisovich

well i think it sounds better than mine =) but i got a question if you know the answer, im trying to save up for GReddy bolt on turbo kit, and i want to keep my engine stock completely stock like what is the max psi i can push make whp torque and do i need to get new stuff like injectors water pump fuel pump and stuff like that?

JmJasky2

Postby JmJasky2 » Tue May 03, 2011 9:14

Dange wrote:it'll sound like a emphysema patient weezing into a kazzoo

I read this and smiled.
Then I watched the video and lol'ed.

Awesome description. :1a98aa81:

devilscupid

Postby devilscupid » Tue May 03, 2011 9:14

bobilo wrote:the sunday microcenter meet is moved now =) i go to them =) owner called cops on us and now idk where we going to go, after microcenter most people went to toysRus next to parkmeadows mall on countyline so im going to go there but im deff looking forward to the meet on thursday =) im even off that day xD and can i bring some of my friends even that they dont drive miatas? =)

I work at Micro, surprised i didnt hear about this. :confused:
2010 Black Mazdaspeed3
2004 Red Mazdaspeed MX-5

Return to “Car Chat”