WTB: Inlet pipe and/or Short Ram Intake

General Car Related Discussion
MMagwire

WTB: Inlet pipe and/or Short Ram Intake

Postby MMagwire » Thu May 12, 2011 9:14

Hey guys, I just bought my Speed6 and love it!! But the previous owner put a Fujita Cold air intake on the car and it causes it to fluctuate a lot in the AFR readings..... So I was wondering if anyone had an inlet pipe and/or a Short ram Intake. Thanks!!!

edgeautosport

Postby edgeautosport » Tue May 17, 2011 9:14

MMagwire wrote:Hey guys, I just bought my Speed6 and love it!! But the previous owner put a Fujita Cold air intake on the car and it causes it to fluctuate a lot in the AFR readings..... So I was wondering if anyone had an inlet pipe and/or a Short ram Intake. Thanks!!!

When you say fluctuate, how so? The stock tune is extremely conservative and inconsistent especially at high rpm. By the way, we can get the Cobb or CPE SRI and or Inlet for you if you want. PM, call or email us.
Going fast and looking good...it's not a hobby, it's a lifestyle.
EdgeAutosport.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dange

Postby Dange » Wed May 18, 2011 9:14

i know the OP in person and while I haven't heard about her talking about the AFR what i thinks she means is she was Having issues with the KR feel free to correct me if i'm wrong megan.

the car has just the fujita cold air intake, turbosmart BPV, and a catback exhaust.
When they recently installed the Cobb ap they noticed the car tends to be pulling about 1.8KR under boost even on the stage 1 91 tune. so her and another mutual friend are thinking its the Fujita plus the lack of a inlet pipe.
04MSMGT

erod550

Postby erod550 » Wed May 18, 2011 9:14

Protune would fix that. Or maybe meth, but I'd still go with a protune even with the meth.
2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way
1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:
2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0
2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT
2005 Flame Red SRT-4

edgeautosport

Postby edgeautosport » Wed May 18, 2011 9:14

Agreed. I would keep the CAI (unless you really just want an SRI), get an inlet pipe, and get tuned. It'll be much safer than keeping that OTS map and getting the SRI and TIP.
Going fast and looking good...it's not a hobby, it's a lifestyle.

EdgeAutosport.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Car Chat”