No More a Minivan Man

General Car Related Discussion
AIM WO4

Postby AIM WO4 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:14

LOL... Pimped out!

Huzer wrote:Hmm (what's up with those wheels?) http://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/3120350212.html
AIM WO4
[color=#339966][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][color=gray]CMZƆ[/color][/color][/font]
[size=75]2012 Sinful Sallow, Evo X GSR[/SIZE]

AIM WO4

You forgot about the earwax on the windows... :lol:

You have a stick or paddles?

mOOsE wrote:yikes, how did I miss this?!

Epic choice.

things to consider with your new Evo:
Your skin on your face no longer staying in position during a corner. This is Normal
V8 MPG. Normal
Being able to do 80MPH through a foot of snow. Normal
Having snow go over your hood, windshield and roof... and still moving... Normal
Grunting noise while doing 0-60 launches. Normal

Having little kids go "Whoa dad, look at that white car, itz cool". Also Normal.
AIM WO4

[color=#339966][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][color=gray]CMZƆ[/color][/color][/font]

mOOsE

Postby mOOsE » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:14

AIM WO4 wrote:You forgot about the earwax on the windows... :lol:

You have a stick or paddles?

I have Paddles. Mine is the SE trim, which is GSR body trim, rear lip spoiler, side skirts, GSR wheels, but comes with SST, MR Suspension and Brakes.

AIM WO4

I like the rear lip spoiler vs. the giant tail. :huh: My son likes it though. :D

I have the basic GSR w/ S-AWC.

I have a 5-speed which appears to have been designed for shifting at higher RPM than what some might be used to.

What type of winter tires do you have? Do you have a 2nd set of rims?

mOOsE wrote:I have Paddles. Mine is the SE trim, which is GSR body trim, rear lip spoiler, side skirts, GSR wheels, but comes with SST, MR Suspension and Brakes.
AIM WO4

mOOsE

AIM WO4 wrote:I like the rear lip spoiler vs. the giant tail. :huh: My son likes it though. :D

I have the basic GSR w/ S-AWC.

I have a 5-speed which appears to have been designed for shifting at higher RPM than what some might be used to.

What type of winter tires do you have? Do you have a 2nd set of rims?

I just run All-seasons. Continental Extreme Contact DWS. The stock summer tires will wear within 10k miles, so I just replaced them with All Seasons. It's been more stable and capable than my F150 in the snow, so I don't plan on a winter set. It's so easy to drive, you can go 45mph in the snow, jerking the wheel back and forth and it won't spin out. I've even had passengers take the wheel from the passenger seat and try to spin it and they can't. Although you can turn off the stability control, change the S-AWC setting and essentially drive it like RWD too.

Fun: (snow was deeper than the front of the Evo)

erod550

Postby erod550 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:14

Why not run summer tires in the summer and the all seasons in winter. Then you get pretty decent grip even on the dry roads in winter and get amazing grip in the summer.
2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way
1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:
2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0
2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT
2005 Flame Red SRT-4

tbot

Postby tbot » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:14

mOOsE wrote:yikes, how did I miss this?!

Epic choice.

things to consider with your new Evo:
Your skin on your face no longer staying in position during a corner. This is Normal
V8 MPG. Normal
Being able to do 80MPH through a foot of snow. Normal
Having snow go over your hood, windshield and roof... and still moving... Normal
Grunting noise while doing 0-60 launches. Normal

Having little kids go "Whoa dad, look at that white car, itz cool". Also Normal.

Hmm...sounds exactly like my speed6, minus the v8 mpg, but I'm working on changing that ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mOOsE

erod550 wrote:Why not run summer tires in the summer and the all seasons in winter. Then you get pretty decent grip even on the dry roads in winter and get amazing grip in the summer.

Meh. No traction issues with AWD. It takes a LOT to break traction in a corner with the Evo, and usually it's beyond what you would do on the street. If I did any road racing, that would be a different story.

Return to “Car Chat”