Like New 260Z

General Car Related Discussion
ecam8000

Postby ecam8000 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:14

Shadowden wrote:You're a busy guy. I sent a PM suggesting next thursday as a day to start fabbing that bar, but we can certainly push that out. I am considering tracing out my template on the plate steel and cutting it out. Will a jigsaw with metal blade be sufficient (I think it is just under 1/8" plate). My other concern with pre cutting it before you see it is not having square lines to make measurements from to center the holes that need drilled/cut.

Let me know.

We can do all the cutting here, when that day arrives. It may be soon.

I had some help from Boy Wonder and we had the car running Sunday afternoon. He kept pointing at the carbs and asking what they were. He said it must be black magic. He helped me plug up the un-needed cooling lines running all around. Filled the radiator with water and started it up. The needles in the carbs didn't seat at first, so we had to cycle the fuel pump on and off. The carbs settled in as the engine got to temp. The water didn't want to stay put, the upper tank has a crack. Amanda took it around the block a couple times to knock the rust off the rotors/drums. The car is now out of the garage and on the trailer. The BMW is in with a slight problem to the new radiator. The plastic fan let go and made little holes in it's radiator. I never get to drive that one (she said whe wasn't racing). We should be able to work your car in soon.
Eric
99 Miata, 45 STR SCCA goto: http://www.rmsolo.org/

2 Fords 29 & 2000.

99 BMW 328i

THANKS! To all who serve.

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:14

She wasn't racing for sure...she may have been giving a clinic on driving fast though. Racing gives the image that two people are competing andthere probably isn't anyone around that would give her a challenge...especially at her age.:D Sucks none the less.

I agree with the carbeurators...I remember my brothers glass fuel filter on his Land Cruiser. That thing mesmerized me. Glad you got it out and about.

Return to “Car Chat”