Bikes, Quads, or other NOT CARS

General Car Related Discussion
mOOsE

Postby mOOsE » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:14

I'd like an 883 bobber at some point. Although I can't stand ape hangers. To me, there really is nothing that could look more dumb on a motorcycle. But if it's a comfort thing because of height, that's different I suppose.

Andyscums

Postby Andyscums » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:14

I like the look of ape hangers if they aren't completely unnecessary. Like people that put 20in apes on bikes are idiots. Mine are 16 and I test rode a few bikes to make sure that was the size I fit best with. If I was 5'10 I probably would have just kept the drag bars on it. The 883 bobber is nice but it doesn't have balls in my opinion. That's why I ended up getting a bigger bike, when I rode it it felt slower and less powerful than my Vulcan which was an 800. Power and speed isn't everything but I ride highway a lot and I don't want to be at high Rpms all the time.

mOOsE

Andyscums wrote:I like the look of ape hangers if they aren't completely unnecessary. Like people that put 20in apes on bikes are idiots. Mine are 16 and I test rode a few bikes to make sure that was the size I fit best with. If I was 5'10 I probably would have just kept the drag bars on it. The 883 bobber is nice but it doesn't have balls in my opinion. That's why I ended up getting a bigger bike, when I rode it it felt slower and less powerful than my Vulcan which was an 800. Power and speed isn't everything but I ride highway a lot and I don't want to be at high Rpms all the time.

Very true. Some of the min hangers, like 10, look good and are more functional. The 883 has some kit options for the engine, but otherwise I'd agree on power... although I haven't ridden one. Coworker has the Vulcan 900 and it feels similar in torque to my Ninja 650, but not in HP as I leave school bus lengths behind me if we are tooling around. But it's apples and oranges between sport and cruiser. I just loves bikes period, so I don't have much hate except for the stereotypical Harley crowd... because its just outgrowing itself and looks dumb. I have them as neighbors, so that doesn't help to have weekend "rev and ride" where they are on the bikes in front of the house idling more than they actually ride

Andyscums

Postby Andyscums » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:14

That makes sense. I just have never been a crotch rocket guy. I never fit on one for starters haha. I love my Harley but I agree the crowd that can come with it can be quite annoying. I am the only harley guy in my neighborhood ad when I ride I am usually going solo, so I don't have the same problems you do apparently. And I know they have a 1200 conversion kit for the 883 but why would you just buy a 1200 for that money? My buddy just did it to his and said it wasn't a huge difference

mOOsE

Andyscums wrote:That makes sense. I just have never been a crotch rocket guy. I never fit on one for starters haha. I love my Harley but I agree the crowd that can come with it can be quite annoying. I am the only harley guy in my neighborhood ad when I ride I am usually going solo, so I don't have the same problems you do apparently. And I know they have a 1200 conversion kit for the 883 but why would you just buy a 1200 for that money? My buddy just did it to his and said it wasn't a huge difference

yeah, 6'4 makes it an ergo nightmare on most sport bikes. Im 6 even and can't get comfortable on a true super-sport, not that they are designed to be comfortable. My 650 actually sits very upright, and I have a 1 inch riser on the bars to help. I've sat on an 883 and it was actually the same or worse than my bike lol. Interesting about the conversion your friend did. I'd mostly do it for weight and money. I like my bikes light.

boosted12a

Postby boosted12a » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:14

My ATVs
Attachments
IMG_2726.jpg
IMG_5273.jpg
IMG_5964.jpg
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] GTU Turbo II

Return to “Car Chat”