I've finally returned- '04 Mazdaspeed Miata!

General Car Related Discussion
The Driver

Postby The Driver » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:14

roninsoldier83 wrote:Absolutely! Thanks man! I see you're in Bear Creek... you're not alone ;) I'll have to keep an eye out for you around the neighborhood... If you happen to live in the neighborhood off of Dartmouth (Pheasant Run) and park outside, I think I might have spotted your car a time or two already. :)

Wadsworth and Eastman Rd, by 285 (Hampden).

It has a HT and BBS wheels, from the 95M that I used to have.

roninsoldier83

Postby roninsoldier83 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:14

The Driver wrote:Wadsworth and Eastman Rd, by 285 (Hampden).

It has a HT and BBS wheels, from the 95M that I used to have.

Must be a different car then. I'll be on the lookout for it. :)
AKA- [color="Blue"]arctic_blue83[/color]
Mine: 2015 Subaru WRX
Hers: 2013 Subaru WRX

roninsoldier83

Postby roninsoldier83 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:14

Sometimes, when a man works graveyards, he is forced to go to extreme measures in order to at least attempt to get a healthy (errr, some?) amount of sunlight.... and if that man has to drop the top on his Miata on his way home from work, well, so be it. :D

Excuse the piss poor drop top pics.. as it turns out, I'm a better shot with a handgun than I am with a camera!

I also did my first "mod" this morning after getting home from work: I removed those pesky "sun visors"; aka, this silly things that don't obstruct anything except my vision while driving.

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:14

Ha! The sun visors were the first thing I took off the Miata (well, after I removed the Radio Shack computer speakers that were tucked underneath the soft top, that wouldn't allow it to fold down all of the way). Even though the '92s had the visors that fold in half to make them smaller, they were still annoying.

Your acquisition of a turbo Miata had me doing math this morning...I'll still wait until winter comes to boost mine.
[color="RoyalBlue"]1992 Miata Project[/color]

erod550

Postby erod550 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:14

I'm just a few inches shorter than you guys and it allows me to keep my folding visors without them being a nuisance. They have saved me from being blinded on more than one occasion.

These pictures make me dream about how nice it would be to actually roll my windows down. I have all the parts to get rid of my seized up manual gear and put in power windows, I just haven't been able to get the motivation to do it. Doesn't help that I will have to run all my own wiring instead of having a harness to use. Not looking forward to that.
2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way
1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:
2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0
2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT
2005 Flame Red SRT-4

Regulator

Postby Regulator » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:14

I dig it man. I like your taste in cars.
[color="Silver"]Old: 2004 Mazda6, 2006 MS6[/color]
New: 2010 EVO X MR - 400hp, 360tq

roninsoldier83

Postby roninsoldier83 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:14

Regulator wrote:I dig it man. I like your taste in cars.

Thanks bud. :) Same to you; that EVO X looks sweet! Do you still have either of your old Mazdas?

Huzer wrote:Ha! The sun visors were the first thing I took off the Miata (well, after I removed the Radio Shack computer speakers that were tucked underneath the soft top, that wouldn't allow it to fold down all of the way). Even though the '92s had the visors that fold in half to make them smaller, they were still annoying.

Your acquisition of a turbo Miata had me doing math this morning...I'll still wait until winter comes to boost mine.

I'm with you man, the visors really are more of an annoyance than they're worth. At least for us taller folks.... Even with them gone, I am still slouching a bit at certain stop lights just to see when they turn green! The way I see it, if I need a sun visor, I'll just sit up straight and use the top of the windshield :D

Unrelated to sun visors: there are actually quite a few advantages to boosting/modding an older OBDI NA Miata:

-OBDI = No need to worry about OBDII emissions, so you can use a full standalone EMS and ditch your factory ECU without issue & still pass emissions.
-Choose whatever type of forced induction you you want the first time, as well as the size of the compressor.
-Many prefer the gearing of the 5MT for boosting vs the 6MT (although 6MT is stronger).
-Since you'll likely end up replacing the rear end anyway (90-93 rear ends aren't exactly robust), you can get whatever rear end gearing you desire the first time (3.63, 3.90, 4.10 ect).
-Lighter car to start with.
-No airbags in seats= swap out seats without issue & without pesky airbag light staying on.

Just a bit of food for thought. :)

Are you thinking of going turbo or supercharging?

Return to “Car Chat”