Dyno tuning at UPP

General Car Related Discussion
OrangeVirus

Dyno tuning at UPP

Postby OrangeVirus » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:14

Hey if anyone is interested (2.0L / 2.5L 2nd gen / 2.0L Skyactiv / 1rst / 2nd gen speed 3 )

For anyone who is interested who would like to get tuned I'm going to be setting up a Dyno - day at UPP where I may be able to get some discounted dyno rates depending on how many cars we can get.
I will also be in las vegas for tuning next month, and possibly some tuning in texas later this year.

N/A- Mazda 3's will be tuned on MazdaEdit software
Speeds on ATR.

Here is a Speed I just did ( got close but ran out of dyno time )

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:14

Do you work at/tune for UPP or just use their dyno for tuning?

millertime

Postby millertime » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:14

I don't need a tune but I would be down to come hang out with some fellow mazda junkies depending on the day.

OrangeVirus

Postby OrangeVirus » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:14

D Walker wrote:I have used Dynotronics services for the Ecutek in the World Challenge MX-5 and DO NOT recommend them, at all. For ECUTEK tuning please feel free to PM me and I will provide a competent tuner who tunes my race car since we decided not to purchase the ECUTEK MASTER license and cannot tune it myself. The guys at UPP (CK) are good guys but again, WILL NOT use Dynotronics for anything in the future.

Sorry you had a problem, but I do not do the ECUTek tuning, I do MazdaEdit tuning, and I also do the tuning solo, privately and as of right now I have discontinued tuning for the time being, for personal reasons. I also don't tune the MX-5.

What problems did you have with the ECUTek on the MX-5?

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:14

If you end up getting a dyno day planned, I'd be interested is seeing what my stock RX-7 GSL-SE puts down. most say around 110 at the wheels.
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

OrangeVirus

Postby OrangeVirus » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:14

RX-7 Chris wrote:If you end up getting a dyno day planned, I'd be interested is seeing what my stock RX-7 GSL-SE puts down. most say around 110 at the wheels.

if you guys can figure out a day that works best for you I can probably make it happen

OrangeVirus

Postby OrangeVirus » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:14

D Walker wrote:Then you should not have put it into your original post then edited it out. You stated that you tune with ECUTEK and were proud to have Dynotronics as a partner, then you edited that part out, you should have just left it in.

first off, no.

Show me where I said I tune with ECUTek? I NEVER said I tune with ECUTek, and it was NEVER edited out. Quite apparent you're just making stuff up at this point because I NEVER said ANYTHING about ECUTek, neither did I say about a "partnership" I merely said I was working for.

I also NEVER said UPP was a part of this, I merely said I can use their dyno to tune you, like ANY shop... Pretty clearly failed to read that.

I only edited out the "dynotronics" part of my post because it caused unnecessary problems that has nothing to do with me. Which I apologize for anyone reading this and has to deal with the issue D Walker is having.

I'm sure a Moderator can easily pull up my post before it was edited, and see that ECUTek has not once been mentioned

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:14

I did just check the old post and ECUTek was not mentioned.
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

Return to “Car Chat”