E-Rod's New Non-Mazda

General Car Related Discussion
erod550

Postby erod550 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:14

Pic of the winter wheels. I don't think they look too bad. Hoping this storm dumps tonight so I can test out the new tires. Also pictured, the best thing about a silver car, since it's dirty as hell but you can't even tell from a distance.

2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way
1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:
2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0
2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT
2005 Flame Red SRT-4

Dwduc

Postby Dwduc » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:14

Always liked the shooting brake design. Its a sweet ride.

erod550

Postby erod550 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:14

Thanks!

Tested out the tires yesterday before the snow melted and I'm pretty impressed with them. Acceleration was good, didn't lose traction much even getting a little more aggressive with the throttle. Braking was very impressive, being able to brake pretty hard before the ABS would kick in. I could get the car to slide if I turned the wheel hard enough but it was always predictable and easy to regain traction. Plus they handle pretty well on dry pavement too. Not much more I could ask for in a set of winter tires.

1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:

2005 Flame Red SRT-4

erod550

Postby erod550 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:14

Who's got two thumbs and is a total dumbass? This guy.

Wife wanted to go drive around and look at Christmas lights the other night. I thought cool I'll get to drive the new car around. Have had it over a month now and still only 600 miles on it even after two trips to Canon City. So we go driving around and while in a dark, unfamiliar neighborhood, I make a right turn too close to a curb I did not see and wham. Right in the middle of the side skirt.

Plastic is all messed up and I found out when I went to get an estimate that it actually bent the metal underneath too because the paint on the panel behind the side skirt is cracked. So I don't even have plates on the thing yet and I'm already going to have to put it in the shop for repairs. Curbed the rear wheel a little too but it's the winter set so I don't care that much about that.

I'm probably just going to pay out of pocket even though it's going to cost about double my deductible, just because I'm afraid those extra few hundred I'd save now would cost me more in the long run in higher premiums. If it was going to be a couple thousand to fix it would be different.

Former Rides:

2005 Flame Red SRT-4

Return to “Car Chat”