From GLI, To SRT-4, to Civic, to GTI, to Jeep Grand Cheroke

General Car Related Discussion
turbo99jetta

From GLI, To SRT-4, to Civic, to GTI, to Jeep Grand Cheroke

Postby turbo99jetta » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:14

Well.... For those of you that know me, I've been around for years, you know I go through cars quickly....

With that said, in the last 6 years we (wife and I) have had, a Mazda 3, a Mazda6, a CX-7, Ford Edge, a GLI jetta, an SRT-4, a honda civic, a GTI, and a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

In October, the wife and I decided we needed something with All wheel drive with the kids (we had a Mazda 6 and the GTI at this point) and I decided to trade in my GTI on a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Honestly, i'm not much into the SUV world that we now live in, but hey, we needed it and it was for the family so what the heck. And, for the most part the Jeep really is a great vehicle and does a ton of things right for the family. But it wasn't what I wanted, and didnt really fit me, plus the wife really wanted one, and she kept talking about buying another one so she could have one..... So we were consistently trading the Jeep and the Mazda back and forth though the winter. Well She's been on me about the Jeep being hers more and more, so I decided that I was going to get rid of the Mazda6 and get something I wanted.

Now for those of you that know me, I've always been into the EVO. It was the one car that was a little out side of what I was willing to pay for a new car, I couldn't bring my self to buy a used one, and just I though was awesome. However, Mitsu has basically exited the US market, the dealer support is basically non existent anymore, and the EVO is going to die this year.

Well I thought long and hard about the GOLF R that's hitting the USA now, and honestly, it just seems so dumb downed compared to what they get in Germany. Plus it really seemed similar to what my 2012 GTI was and after seeing it at the autoshow I wasn't as impressed as I once was.

So on Tuesday night I finally pulled this trigger on.....

Sorry I know the photo isn't that great, but its the first photo I took and the weather has been so crappy that I haven't really done much with it.

Huzer

Re: From GLI, To SRT-4, to Civic, to GTI, to Jeep Grand Cher

Postby Huzer » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:14

Congrats! Hope you have fun with it! I don't think I've seen a red one on the red, yet.

Learjet45

Re: From GLI, To SRT-4, to Civic, to GTI, to Jeep Grand Cher

Postby Learjet45 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:14

Good lookin STI man! Regulator just picked one up as well. Personally, I wasn't a big fan of red on previous generations of the WRX/STI, but it definitely looks great on the current gen.

Return to “Car Chat”