Mazda RX-Vision Concept

General Car Related Discussion
GR-8

Mazda RX-Vision Concept

Postby GR-8 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:14

What is everybody's thoughts on this new concept?

http://www2.mazda.com/en/publicity/rele ... 1028a.html

speedjunkie

Re: Mazda RX-Vision Concept

Postby speedjunkie » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:14

I love it. At first I was thinking that the roof was a little too far back, but after seeing pics with it moved forward, I realized that I like the car just as it is. Now I'm just wondering about the engine and the cost. Either way, I plan to get one. Probably the second year just because I want to make sure all the bugs are worked out from the first year. It's gonna suck waiting that long though.

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:14

I'll be curious about the price point too. I hope the aren't planning to bring it out at the NSX/GTr supercar price level.

Has anyone seen photoshop jobs of lowered body panel height, especially in the door area? I'd be curious if anyone has done that and what it looked like.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:14

Yeah that would suck if they price it like a supercar. However, I doubt it'll be built to compete with them, so I can't see why they'd charge that type of money.

I haven't seen that photoshop, but I have seen a couple where they move the roof back and forth.

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:14

From what I was reading, most people are hoping for Mustang price range which I think would be great. I don't think it is going to have the power to justify a price larger than that.
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

$crillaTor

Postby $crillaTor » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:14

I'll just budget an extra 5-7k for it and add the power I want! haha

It looks pretty nice but I'm willing to bet the production model looks a bit different. Maybe a little less like an Aston Martin?

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:14

RX-7 Chris wrote:From what I was reading, most people are hoping for Mustang price range which I think would be great. I don't think it is going to have the power to justify a price larger than that.

I agree. Mazda has never been about building a supercar, they've always been focused on building fun driver's cars, and those aren't high HP and heavy.

$crillaTor wrote:I'll just budget an extra 5-7k for it and add the power I want! haha

It looks pretty nice but I'm willing to bet the production model looks a bit different. Maybe a little less like an Aston Martin?

Yeah I believe it'll look at least a little different, but I hope it keeps the Aston-esque look.

Return to “Car Chat”