MS6 Build

General Car Related Discussion
whobeyou

MS6 Build

Postby whobeyou » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:14

Welp, the wife's MS6 turbo is shot. Black smoke pours out the exhaust any time she's in boost.

At this point, if I'm going to replace the turbo, I'm going to put in something larger. I don't want to go overboard, and from what I've been reading, the BNR S3 turbo is well liked.

My plan is to get a HPFP, Cobb AP, BNR S3 for the car, and most likely turbo back exhaust. The car already has a full intake.

What I am wondering is if I should do anything to the Block's internals. I'm ok with pulling the engine if need be, but I"m not going to put a super aggressive tune on it. I just want the car to have a little more get-up-and-go, but mostly I want it to last another 125k. I'm willing/able to do most of the work myself (would need to find someone to hone the block/head) so any ideas are appreciated!

Thanks!

RX-7 Chris

Re: MS6 Build

Postby RX-7 Chris » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:14

https://edgeautosport.com/mazdaspeed-3- ... o-current/
http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f ... ad-115234/

If you are planning to push the power enough that you start breaking the internals of the motor, plan to do other upgrades. Clutch, brakes, etc.

In terms of internal engine work, it all depends on what the existing motor looks like. High miles, abused, etc.

Also you are talking big bucks on this car if you start messing with internal motor parts. $4k-$6k extra spent said and done.
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

speedjunkie

Re: MS6 Build

Postby speedjunkie » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:14

Do you know Blane Butler? Are you part of the MS group on facebook? I think Blane runs the group and I think he told me he has the BNR Stage 3 turbo.

Return to “Car Chat”