Free Half Day Autocross and Half Day Track Day At PPIR

The forum to talk about hitting cones.
Brigdh

Free Half Day Autocross and Half Day Track Day At PPIR

Postby Brigdh » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:14

Cross posting from another forum, thought some here might be interested:

Yes, you read it correctly. PPIR has offered up a free morning autocross and afternoon track session!!!!

What's that you say? Nothing's really free? Well, you're right. There is a "price," but I think you'll agree it's worthwhile, so keep reading.

We're all pretty much in agreement that the VIP lot at PPIR is our best Solo lot, but it is deteriorating. There are lots of cracks in the pavement, many of which are becoming a safety issue, and are starting to limit flexibility in course design. What's to be done?? Well, I'll tell you . . .

PPIR has agreed to supply crack filling material, if we supply the manpower and tools to fill the cracks. They will have a full cement truck load available for us to "distribute" where needed. (Yes, we al know that concrete is not the best material to use, but it's what we have, and it will work. No need to drag this thread out extolling the virtues of Seal Master or Cold Flow or whatever).

We will need to bring along some tools to help with the filling. If you have stuff like wheelbarrows, shovels, buckets, brooms, trowels, etc. We'd ask that you bring them along.

We are soliciting help from other clubs (BMWCCA, PCA, TORCA, etc) to share the workload and rewards.

Now for the part you are really interested in . . .

If you commit to work for the day (and actually do work) you will be given a "coupon" good for "A Day At PPIR" consisting of a morning of fun runs on the autocross lot, and open track driving on the road course in the afternoon. (The "event" will be open to other folks who did not help with the crack filling, but they will have to pay to play).

The "crack party" is tentatively scheduled for this Saturday, 4 May. Show time is 9:00 AM. I realize the weather forecast calls for cooler and maybe damp weather, but we'll continue to watch the weather and reschedule if necessary.

Email Arnie Coleman at arniecoleman@comcast.net if you wish to help.

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:14

That is a great deal. I'd do that, but I'll be coaching a weightlifting camp this weekend.

Have fun eliminating crack!

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:14

Shadowden wrote:Have fun eliminating crack!

I just say no (glares at ...)
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:14

Did someone say crack!?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2PjXo5jKGQ"]Tyrone Biggums Intervention - YouTube[/ame]
one and one makes two, together we are free

Return to “Autocross”