SCCA Autocross

The forum to talk about hitting cones.
RedRoadster

Postby RedRoadster » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:14

A yearly SCCA membership, last I looked, was $70. Back when members were $25 and non-members were $35. And back then, I couldn't justify the year membership, cause i never made it to 7 events in a year..

Now it might be worthwhile.
95 Classic Red Miata - 'Kona'
Racing Beat Sways, AEM WB O2 sensor, ACT clutch, Ground Control Springs, Bilstein HDs, Fat Cat bumpstops, 95 stock 14s (winter) or 99 sport 15s (summer)
Flyin' Miata stuff:
FM II Link GT2560R turbo, Butterfly brace, N/A dual exhaust, Oil filter relo kit, Rear shock mounts

08 Sunlight Silver Mazda 3s GT Sedan - 'Tuna'
OEM Wing spoiler, Sirius and Media switcher

05 Onyx Black Mazda 6i Hatchback - 'Smokey'

mjmauro

Postby mjmauro » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:14

Hello Guys,

I joined after getting the card from Nick at the autocross on the 10th. I have the 2007 Stormy Blue Mica 8 in some of the pics that are posted. My son has the red third gen that is is posted.

I ended up 2nd in the X-class (Expert) and 5th overall for the day after I had to run conservatively because I had cones on my previous runs. The course seemed to favor high torque cars such as BMW's or light weight vehicles such as Acuras and Hondas, but it ended up well at the end of the day even though the warmer it got, the wetter the course got from melting snow.

My son and I switched cars on our last run and I was barely able to keep it from spinning in the water but it was a blast. I hadn't driven it for a while and he has done a lot of work on it since that last time. By the way, he took 5th at Nationals and should have a much faster car this year. He actually bettered my best time by in the 8 .1 sec, but it was dirty.

SCCA has a solid and fun HPDE program. I have run both the NASA and the SCCA and personally enjoy the SCCA Program more. It was dormant after we lost all of tracks two years ago, but came back strong last year at Pueblo and LaJunta. This year's program is even better with an event in the fall at the new High Plains Raceway if it is finished in time. Check the RMSolo.org site and look at the Time Trials.

I'd like to see more rotaries out there

rx8ghost

Postby rx8ghost » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:14

Hey good to see you joined! We talked briefly at the event. Greek will be at the March 2nd one but I'm installing my turbo that weekend so I'll be there the 16th for sure.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mods:
Veilside D1-GT Body kit, Axailflow Short Shifter, Innovate LC-1 Wideband, Proshift Gauges, Greddy Turbo Kit w/ Cobb AccessPORT, TurboXS exhaust w/ race pipe, CarPC, Synapse BOV, AEM Intake

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:14

Nice! Thanks for joining up! Always glad to get more SCCA people up and joined
Heavy duty adjustable dog leashes
http://www.TitanTuff.com

mjmauro

Postby mjmauro » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RX 8 Ghost @ Feb 22 2008, 04:38 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=27536]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Hey good to see you joined! We talked briefly at the event. Greek will be at the March 2nd one but I'm installing my turbo that weekend so I'll be there the 16th for sure.[/b]

Yea, I was busy getting ready to go on the course and didn't have much time to talk.

I'd like to see your car after you get the turbo installed. What are you putting in?

rx8ghost

Postby rx8ghost » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:14

I believe there will be a small gathering for the install on the 1st here in the Springs so feel free to come by. I'm going with the Greddy kick for now and eventually I'll up grade to a Garret GT35R and lots of other goodies.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mods:
Veilside D1-GT Body kit, Axailflow Short Shifter, Innovate LC-1 Wideband, Proshift Gauges, Greddy Turbo Kit w/ Cobb AccessPORT, TurboXS exhaust w/ race pipe, CarPC, Synapse BOV, AEM Intake

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:14

Welcome. I was wondering if you were gonna join. Nice 8. Love the Stormy Blue. I'm already registred for the 2nd. I'm the N in STU with the long name. I'll need to get some pointers then.

ImageImage

Return to “Autocross”