North Carolina!

HPR, PPIR, Bandimere, and other track events
Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:14

So, my girlfriend's dad works for Ginn Racing (which has merged with DEI). He's an engine builder for a Nascar Nextel Cup team, for the #01 Army car that Mark Martin/Regan Smith drive. It was pretty cool to get the hands on private tour of the shop they're in. Just huge, and immaculate. All the cars (except for the Penske cars (blue) in the last picture are real, not show cars that are just display mules. I know most folks aren't Nascar fans, but I figured I'd share these pics anyway. The garage is every car nut's dream. Hope you enjoy.

Gallery

ZoomPrincess

Postby ZoomPrincess » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:14

Oh I've always wanted to go down there and tour the garages. I know there are some that you can take the tours through, but you can't get down and close like that! This is the kind of racing I grew up around, my dad used to race Pro stock.

MazdaTom

Postby MazdaTom » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:14

Yeah, I've heard NASCAR garages are insanely clean. Cool pics.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1997 Explorer XLT - 4.0 SOHC V6 Controltrac 4x4
mods- 30" BFGs, AAL + TT = 1.5" lift, more to come

Colombia28

Postby Colombia28 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:14

Cool shots of some super clean garages! But i have to say nascar ftl. Sorry.
2008 Cosmic Blue Speed3 - NEW :D
2006 Copper Red Mica 3 hatch - SOLD :(
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Huzer21

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CeXy7 @ Oct 26 2007, 12:55 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=8276]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Oh I've always wanted to go down there and tour the garages. I know there are some that you can take the tours through, but you can't get down and close like that! This is the kind of racing I grew up around, my dad used to race Pro stock.[/b]

It was cool to walk through there, I wish I would've taken more pictures. We got to walk through everything, engine building, chassis tuning (the machine they have is amazing), the scales, bare bones fabrication. Even walked through the transporters. Really cool stuff.

Huzer21

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Colombia28 @ Oct 26 2007, 12:59 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=8280]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Cool shots of some super clean garages! But i have to say nascar ftl. Sorry.[/b]

That's all one garage! It's just freakin' huge.

ZoomPrincess

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Huzer21 @ Oct 26 2007, 01:02 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=8284]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
It was cool to walk through there, I wish I would've taken more pictures. We got to walk through everything, engine building, chassis tuning (the machine they have is amazing), the scales, bare bones fabrication. Even walked through the transporters. Really cool stuff.[/b]

I have to say that I'm jealous now :-( I wanna gooooo. hahah that's awesome though. One day I will be able to go down there, one day.. Maybe when my son is old enough to remember it.

Huzer21

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MazdaTom @ Oct 26 2007, 12:57 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=8277]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Yeah, I've heard NASCAR garages are insanely clean. Cool pics.[/b]

I couldn't believe the floors in the place. Amazingly clean.

Huzer21

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CeXy7 @ Oct 26 2007, 01:11 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=8287]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
I have to say that I'm jealous now :-( I wanna gooooo. hahah that's awesome though. One day I will be able to go down there, one day.. Maybe when my son is old enough to remember it.[/b]

I went a few times when I lived in Virginia. I had a friend that was a rabid Rusty Wallace fan, and we'd go in December while they were doing Toys for Tots. Drivers out signing autographs, doing burnouts in front of their shops, etc. Fun stuff.

ZoomPrincess

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Huzer21 @ Oct 26 2007, 01:19 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=8293]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
I went a few times when I lived in Virginia. I had a friend that was a rabid Rusty Wallace fan, and we'd go in December while they were doing Toys for Tots. Drivers out signing autographs, doing burnouts in front of their shops, etc. Fun stuff.[/b]

ok ok I get it, geez. You don't have to put it in my face.. Nah JK! That is an awesome experience, and I just hope one day I can be able to experience it like that. I've always admired the NASCAR community for their donations and charities that they do. I have always loved Kyle Petty, well actually the whole Petty Family for everything they do for kids. Don't really care for his driving to much, but other then that he is an awesome guy. lol

Huzer21

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CeXy7 @ Oct 26 2007, 01:28 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=8294]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
ok ok I get it, geez. You don't have to put it in my face.. Nah JK! That is an awesome experience, and I just hope one day I can be able to experience it like that. I've always admired the NASCAR community for their donations and charities that they do. I have always loved Kyle Petty, well actually the whole Petty Family for everything they do for kids. Don't really care for his driving to much, but other then that he is an awesome guy. lol[/b]

There, that's all I've got. I think I enjoyed visiting the shops more than racing itself. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to go back sometime.

OpacRX

Postby OpacRX » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:14

Wow thats really neat that garage is so nice looking i would love to have something even half that size lol

Rich

Postby Rich » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:14

I'll be painting my garage floor once I get this house [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Return to “Track Days and Events”