Pikes Peak Record in a Hyundai

HPR, PPIR, Bandimere, and other track events

Stealth01

Postby Stealth01 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:14

Do I hear a BOV on that Genesis?
Stealth01
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
SURE Full3 Aeros ID300 SRI, SURE Torq R6 RMM, SURE Shortcut/Countershift, SURE Anchors, Dunlop Winterspot M3s (Winter Shoes), "O" Series Stubby Antenna, Red LED Dome & Door Lights, Whistler Pro-78 RD Hardwired, SURE Dreadnaught, Juggernaught, SURE Flow M6 TP, SURE Charge Tubes, Hawk HPS F/R Pads, Technafit SSBLs, StopTech Rotors, Cobb AP, SURE Ventus in 50-50 Hybrid Mode, [color="Lime"] PERM Tune[/color] (Stratified Auto) Coming soon: Autotech FP Internals, S6 Mounts

wyosaint

Postby wyosaint » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:14

i got butterflies watching that, awsome!

Cesaros

Postby Cesaros » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:14

Stealth01 wrote:Do I hear a BOV on that Genesis?

hyundai did it rite when they made a turbo version of the genesis. who knew the next killer RWD sports car would be from hyundai?

movovr

Postby movovr » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:14

Stealth01 wrote:Do I hear a BOV on that Genesis?

Yes. I hate to admit but the Genesis Coupe (track) is one of the few cars I've thought of ditchin' the Speed3 for....and that is some impressive driving. Unbelievable the apex's he takes on some of the turns.

bellalyssa

Postby bellalyssa » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:14

He probably has a good amount of driving experience too. I had a Hyundai as my first car and it was a pretty good car, low maintenance and all that. I was surprised when I heard Hyundai was breaking into the performance car arena.
2004 Mazda3s Hatchback: Totalled
2002 Audi A4 Avant: Sold

2013 Subaru WRX 5-door: Stage 1

Stealth01

Postby Stealth01 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:14

But the regular track Genesis Coupe isn't FI, is it? It's a N/A 3.8L V6. I think he had some aftermarket stuff on there....the turbo version of the Gen Coupe is a 2.0T.
Stealth01

2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
SURE Full3 Aeros ID300 SRI, SURE Torq R6 RMM, SURE Shortcut/Countershift, SURE Anchors, Dunlop Winterspot M3s (Winter Shoes), "O" Series Stubby Antenna, Red LED Dome & Door Lights, Whistler Pro-78 RD Hardwired, SURE Dreadnaught, Juggernaught, SURE Flow M6 TP, SURE Charge Tubes, Hawk HPS F/R Pads, Technafit SSBLs, StopTech Rotors, Cobb AP, SURE Ventus in 50-50 Hybrid Mode, [color="Lime"] PERM Tune[/color] (Stratified Auto) Coming soon: Autotech FP Internals, S6 Mounts

Eclipse

Postby Eclipse » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:14

The Redbull Genesis is a 550RWHP Hyundai Genesis....a 3.8 v6 that is bored to a 4.1L TURBO'd..nowhere NEAR stock, and much more impressive than the stock 2.0L turbo I test drove.. I was not impressed, its not even in the same league as the speeds, powerwise.. the interior felt very cramped, cheap and full of plastic breakable parts.
The v6 has a supposed 300hp, but again, the power did not feel like it was there. I know that N/A platforms accelerate differently than turbo cars, but still... I thought for sure 300hp would feel stronger than that.. AND it still has the same crappy interior. (obviously)
Hyundai does have one thing going for them with the 4cyl turbo, it is the same 4B11 block from the new Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart, which has tons of aftermarket parts already, which would mean that the Genesis will have mass amounts of aftermarket parts very quickly, and the motor has been proven to withstand 28psi on stock internals. It will not be difficult to put down 450-500 RWHP with that car, after bolt-ons and turbo upgrades. Cp-e is already a big player in the Genesis market, with almost as many aftermarket parts for it as they do for the speeds, and its a 2010 model?!? Man I wish our platform had that much support..

With that said, I would still not buy it, for the simple fact that it is a Hyundai.

SHAME ON YOU TROY.....

movovr

Postby movovr » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:14

OCD wrote:The Redbull Genesis is a 550RWHP Hyundai Genesis....a 3.8 v6 that is bored to a 4.1L TURBO'd..nowhere NEAR stock, and much more impressive than the stock 2.0L turbo I test drove.. I was not impressed, its not even in the same league as the speeds, powerwise.. the interior felt very cramped, cheap and full of plastic breakable parts.
The v6 has a supposed 300hp, but again, the power did not feel like it was there. I know that N/A platforms accelerate differently than turbo cars, but still... I thought for sure 300hp would feel stronger than that.. AND it still has the same crappy interior. (obviously)
Hyundai does have one thing going for them with the 4cyl turbo, it is the same 4B11 block from the new Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart, which has tons of aftermarket parts already, which would mean that the Genesis will have mass amounts of aftermarket parts very quickly, and the motor has been proven to withstand 28psi on stock internals. It will not be difficult to put down 450-500 RWHP with that car, after bolt-ons and turbo upgrades. Cp-e is already a big player in the Genesis market, with almost as many aftermarket parts for it as they do for the speeds, and its a 2010 model?!? Man I wish our platform had that much support..

With that said, I would still not buy it, for the simple fact that it is a Hyundai.

SHAME ON YOU TROY.....

For reasons underlined and bolded above is why I would consider. My front wheel drive will FAIL much before that kind of power. The fact that it has support and is a reasonable platform to improve upon is why I like. My first mod would be to de-badge obviously (insert anything<Hyundai namebrade). The fact that cp-e has already started with a DP, cat back, and TOW plate (specifically the tow plate which I heard nets 70hp/50tq) is why my ears perk'd up....:D
I'd take a 370 nismo over this car anyday but it woul cost me 10k more....discuss :D

Eclipse

Postby Eclipse » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:14

so buy the Lancer then..

Cp-e has alot more than what you mentioned available already too, FMIC, Standback, BOV kit, and they have a turbo kit almost ready... STILL, ITS A HYUNDAI

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:14

That was a cool car. I was able to look the car over at fan fest. I have a pic of it in the fan fest thread.
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:14

Isn't that Rhys Millen's car? Al (goldrocket) showed me a video of him doing a burnout on the wet road up there, like all the way up the road haha.

Just watched the video...yup, Rhys Millen haha. I thought I saw it was a youtube link at first and we can't view those at work. I'm actually still surprised this video was able to play.

goldrocket

Postby goldrocket » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:14

Pics!!! BTW Rhys is one hell of a nice guy. Not an arrogant prick like some of the local hill climbers.

OK, somethings wrong with the site, I can't upload. I'll add them later.

SORRY!:confused:
Al says
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing!:eek:

Cesaros

Postby Cesaros » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:14

OCD wrote:so buy the Lancer then..

Cp-e has alot more than what you mentioned available already too, FMIC, Standback, BOV kit, and they have a turbo kit almost ready... STILL, ITS A HYUNDAI

cause who wants a car everyone else has?....besides, RWD is so much more fun than AWD...and its a hyundai that can smash the $hit out of most the competition out there, and the looks are un believable in person...i saw a neon green one a few days ago...wow.

i bought a 3 up here cause noone else really had the HB...then 2 months after mine, ive seen a bunch crop up :mad:

goldrocket

Postby goldrocket » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:14

Here are some pics. I would roll this Hyundai! 650HP!!
Al says
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing!:eek:

Return to “Track Days and Events”