Pics: Steamboat Springs COG Rally 9/18-9/20!

HPR, PPIR, Bandimere, and other track events
Roadrnr09

Pics: Steamboat Springs COG Rally 9/18-9/20!

Postby Roadrnr09 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:14

So sadly I was not able to attend the birthday bash this past weekend, but I instead I chose to attend the national rally competition. It is hosted every year in Steamboat Springs, but this was the first time that I attended. My aunt and uncle live in Steamboat and were hosting the spectator events, this allowed me to take advantage of excellent short cuts to the spectator spots as well as up close action of the drivers on the course. Here are some of the pictures that were my highlights: Enjoy!

Travis Pastrana and I!

Ken Block and I!

Travis Pastrana HAULIN ASS! This was right after a hairpin turn, notice the huge dirt trail following him throughout the screen!

Ken Block drifting around the hair pin corner:

OOPS! Someone forgot to latch the hatch! Oh well!

After the second part on Sun, this is what the cars looked liked.....

and what mine looked like lol: This really doesn't do the dirt any justice!

Ken Blocks SEXY car!

Who is Ken Block? Why is he so cool? This is why!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkNzkutTiGs"]YouTube - Ken Block Gymkhana Training[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ48NQjouoE"]YouTube - GYMKHANA 2.1, BLOCK vs DYRDEK[/ame]

This was Travis Pastrana crashing at the Colorado Rally previously, Yikes! Although he has had his fair share of wrecks he is an incredible rally and motocross driver.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Js_BYaU80w"]YouTube - Travis Pastrana's Big Wreck at Colorado Cog[/ame]

If you are interested in the any other incredible feats that these drivers have performed just google search them. They are amazing pros! I have more pics that I may add, and I also have more cool facts and tidbits if anyone is interested.

I was fortunate enough to have a lengthy conversation with Travis on Sun, he sustained heavy penalties on Sat for hitting some cones and chose not to race Sun as it was really pointless. He is still leading the race nationally however. Instead he came to the spectator area and hung out with everyone. He is only 26 and was very very cool to talk to. I am still star struck *blush* lol.

I hope you all enjoyed the pics and videos! :)
[color="Magenta"][SIZE="1"]2009 WRB WRX Sedan

Cobb downpipe
SPT exhaust
Cobb short throw shifter
Tinted tails/Windows
HID headlights with Ballasts
Rota Sub-Zero rims in Bronze

Intake:
TurboXS FMIC
TurboXS cold air intake

Suspension:
Perrin Front/Rear Sway bars with endlinks
Tein Super Street Coilovers

Power:
750 cc DW injectors
Fuel Pump
Tune and...lastly
E85 FTW!!

Street Tuner![/SIZE][/color]

bobopud

Postby bobopud » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:14

Check out Nitro Circus on MTV and Rob Dyrdek's show, I think it is called Fantasy Factory.

Nitro Circus is like jackass meets extreme sports. Travis and his buddies are the basis for the show. The things they do are crazy and very cool. Rob Drydek's show is pretty half assed, but he has Ken Block on their every once in awhile.
2006 SPEED6 Liquid Platinum Sport w/ Nav
Mods Completed - VG Sharkfin, 3M Clear Bra, SU Motor Mount, SU Test Pipe, 35% tint, VEI Digital Boost Gauge, Custom Defrost Vent Pod, PG Exhaust Manifold, CPE Turbo Inlet Pipe, CPE FMIC, Hacked Mazdaspeed CAI into SRI, Synapse BOV, Cobb Accessport EMS Tuner, CPE Dual 3" Catback Exhaust
Mods Needed - Catted Downpipe and finally a tune.

movovr

Postby movovr » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:14

Nice Crystal! Did you talk to Ken or just get a picture? Lucky girl.... Shit, I would have bailed on the b-day bash if I new this was going on :eek::D

TheNewBlack

Postby TheNewBlack » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:14

My brother was up there and had a great time....he just went on sunday though...thanks for the pics!
2013 FRS

MazdaGurl

Postby MazdaGurl » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:14

Did you get their digits?? LOL! Glad you had a good time honey! Definitely worth missing the bash for it.

It's not what you drive, it's how you drive it.

Greek8: I swear Angie has some sort of freak car.

Nick Leone

Postby Nick Leone » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:14

I have pictures from this rally as well as video I'll post up in a different thread.
Nick Leone
99 FSP 10 HS
Mods: Short Ram intake, Front and rear strut tower braces, Corksport Power series cat back exhaust, APR CF side mirrors, short throw shifter, Bronzoil shifter bushings, MX-3 Rear lower tie bar and 18% tint.
http://www.myspace.com/nicklphotography
http://imbob29.deviantart.com/

Roadrnr09

Nick Leone wrote:I have pictures from this rally as well as video I'll post up in a different thread.

If it's easier you can post in this thread? I don't mind be thread jacked lol.

I did not have a conversation with Ken. I introduced myself and shook his hand. The person I was with asked him a few questions about the turbo position on the rally car, (apparently it's in a weird spot), so I listened in a bit. I was entirely too star struck to talk to him, plus there were a lot of people that were waiting to meet him as well. I was thankful that Travis was spectating on Sun because I felt comfortable talking to him in a more relaxed setting where there weren't adoring fans surrounding him.

I had a lot of fun turning my car into a mud bucket on all of those back dirt roads. I truly look forward to next year! Maybe I will have the courage to talk to Ken.

Cobb downpipe

SPT exhaust

Cobb short throw shifter

Tinted tails/Windows

Intake:

TurboXS FMIC

TurboXS cold air intake

Suspension:

Power:

750 cc DW injectors

Fuel Pump

Tune and...lastly

E85 FTW!!

tbot

Postby tbot » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:14

^^lol...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Roadrnr09

tbot wrote:^^lol...

You're funnier I think lol

Cobb downpipe

SPT exhaust

Cobb short throw shifter

Tinted tails/Windows

Intake:

TurboXS FMIC

TurboXS cold air intake

Suspension:

Power:

750 cc DW injectors

Fuel Pump

Tune and...lastly

E85 FTW!!

Stealth01

Postby Stealth01 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:14

Man, Crystal, my buddy is FROM Steamboat Springs, drives an STi, and completely SPACED that it was this weekend. Next time, remind me to remind him to go. :)

Nice pics.
Stealth01
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
SURE Full3 Aeros ID300 SRI, SURE Torq R6 RMM, SURE Shortcut/Countershift, SURE Anchors, Dunlop Winterspot M3s (Winter Shoes), "O" Series Stubby Antenna, Red LED Dome & Door Lights, Whistler Pro-78 RD Hardwired, SURE Dreadnaught, Juggernaught, SURE Flow M6 TP, SURE Charge Tubes, Hawk HPS F/R Pads, Technafit SSBLs, StopTech Rotors, Cobb AP, SURE Ventus in 50-50 Hybrid Mode, [color="Lime"] PERM Tune[/color] (Stratified Auto) Coming soon: Autotech FP Internals, S6 Mounts

Nick Leone

Postby Nick Leone » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:14

Nick Leone
99 FSP 10 HS
Mods: Short Ram intake, Front and rear strut tower braces, Corksport Power series cat back exhaust, APR CF side mirrors, short throw shifter, Bronzoil shifter bushings, MX-3 Rear lower tie bar and 18% tint.
http://www.myspace.com/nicklphotography
http://imbob29.deviantart.com/

Return to “Track Days and Events”