Racing Newsletter

HPR, PPIR, Bandimere, and other track events
quantspeed

Racing Newsletter

Postby quantspeed » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:14

Mazda of Lakewood continues to be a huge supporter of grassroots racing efforts in Colorado. Follow the link to read the latest news from Team quantSPEED, a Mazda of Lakewood sponsored Formula Enterprises car.

quantSPEED Newsletter

Please join us at the races July 3 & 4 at High Plains Raceway! Helicopter rides, pig roast, great racing. Download 2 for 1 coupons at http://www.coloradoscca.org.

Go fast!
Christine Jerritts
Formula Enterprises #07
Colorado Region SCCA

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:14

Ok, how do I get into one of THOSE cars? LOL

quantspeed

Start racing formula cars

Postby quantspeed » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:14

It's easier than you might think! I raced a Spec Miata with SCCA for two seasons, then graduated into the Formula Enterprises car. If you have some wheel to wheel experience under your belt there are few local shops who rent FEs (and other race cars) for test days so you can try it out...

Christine

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:14

Um yeah, I have zero experience on the track. I do plan to have a lot of experience someday though lol, if I ever get off my butt and sign up. And when the car is running haha.

That's definitely great to hear though! Now I have something to shoot for!

Colombia28

Postby Colombia28 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:14

Hey Christine were you by chance at the Denver Auto Show with your Formula car this year? At the Mazda section.

If i'm not running with NASA at PPIR on the 4th i will do my best to come out to HPR.
2008 Cosmic Blue Speed3 - NEW :D
2006 Copper Red Mica 3 hatch - SOLD :(
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

quantspeed

Postby quantspeed » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:14

@speedjunkie Ah, then we'll start with getting you on track. Two easy options: virtually any street car is welcome at High Plains Raceway open track days, just need a helmet $90/$150 half/full day, http://www.highplainsraceway.com. Or SCCA offers instruction in their PDX (Performance Driving eXperience) in your street car during our race weekends - the cost is free if you volunteer at a race. http://www.coloradoscca.org

@Colombia28 Good memory! Yes, I was in the Mazda booth. Would love to see you at HPR! Definitely stop by and say HI :)

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:14

I'd like to join SCCA actually, and NASA probably too haha. SCCA gives a military discount correct? I keep forgetting to get a helmet haha. And I'm down for volunteering too.

bellalyssa

Postby bellalyssa » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:14

SCCA is amazing. I'm a member and the opportunities you get from joining are fantastic. They have so many different events you can compete in so you can try out everything.

Christine, I haven't met you just yet but I know Mark Baer. He recommended I try out the driving school you have for women. Unfortunately money is a bit tight right now or else I'd be out there.
2004 Mazda3s Hatchback: Totalled
2002 Audi A4 Avant: Sold

2013 Subaru WRX 5-door: Stage 1

quantspeed

Postby quantspeed » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:14

@bellalyssa Great to e-meet you! We would love to see you at a Wheels in Heels event. The Saturday July 17 clinics are $100 off while space lasts - sponsored by Mountainside Insurance Group!

@speedjunkie Come out and volunteer this weekend July 3/4 at High Plains Raceway! Free helicopter rides and lunch rides in race cars for volunteers. You will earn a PDX entry for another weekend (no PDX this weekend) - I'm sure the PDX organizers can get you a loaner helmet. Volunteers coordinated by Dave at animal71@aol.com - he will get you hooked up.

Colombia28

Postby Colombia28 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:14

Glad you found us! We spoke briefly at the auto show about your formula car and HPR. See you at HPR!
2008 Cosmic Blue Speed3 - NEW :D
2006 Copper Red Mica 3 hatch - SOLD :(
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

bellalyssa

Postby bellalyssa » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:14

quantspeed wrote:@bellalyssa Great to e-meet you! We would love to see you at a Wheels in Heels event. The Saturday July 17 clinics are $100 off while space lasts - sponsored by Mountainside Insurance Group!

If I didn't have to work that Saturday I would be all over it. I know on your website you mentioned more advanced classes. I autocross already so a more advanced class would be a better fit for me. I'll check your schedule online and see what else may be coming up soon.
2004 Mazda3s Hatchback: Totalled

2002 Audi A4 Avant: Sold

2013 Subaru WRX 5-door: Stage 1

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:14

quantspeed wrote:@speedjunkie Come out and volunteer this weekend July 3/4 at High Plains Raceway! Free helicopter rides and lunch rides in race cars for volunteers. You will earn a PDX entry for another weekend (no PDX this weekend) - I'm sure the PDX organizers can get you a loaner helmet. Volunteers coordinated by Dave at animal71@aol.com - he will get you hooked up.

I REALLY wish I could. I'm about 8000 miles away breathing sand right now haha. I was about to ask if you have anything in Sept but I'll be busy for a few months when I get back, so I'm thinking next year sometime would be great...assuming they don't deploy me again haha.

I can't wait to get started! Thanks for the info!

I'm also a bit concerned about limitations as far as what you can/can't have done to your car, class rules and such. I don't know anything about this yet, so speak to me like I'm 3 haha. I have A LOT done to my car and I'm sure some of it won't fly with you guys.

Return to “Track Days and Events”