Crew guys/

HPR, PPIR, Bandimere, and other track events
Colombia28

Postby Colombia28 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:14

MSP SuperStreet wrote:I got things cleared at work.
I'll PM and email with contact information.

Awesome and oh so jealous!
2008 Cosmic Blue Speed3 - NEW :D
2006 Copper Red Mica 3 hatch - SOLD :(
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dumbizzle

Postby Dumbizzle » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:14

dang 30th is my sons first b day im new to rotary but i pick up quick and am good around a car if you do anything like this in the future:D

SecondGenPAt

Postby SecondGenPAt » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:14

if I would have seen this earlier I would be all over it. Please keep me in mind for any future races!
-Pat

MSP SuperStreet

Postby MSP SuperStreet » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:14

Just got off the phone with Don.
Preparation continues for this weekend's race.
I'm so looking forward to experiencing the racing sceen from the pits.

rugger

Postby rugger » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:14

I would be interested in the future. I'm on a crew for Baja, but it would be nice to have a few more events through the year to keep fine tuned.

'91 Miata, Chevy 327, Muncie 4 speed, 7.5" Ford rear, 330rwhp/419rwtq

Colombia28

Postby Colombia28 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:14

MSP SuperStreet wrote:Just got off the phone with Don.
Preparation continues for this weekend's race.
I'm so looking forward to experiencing the racing sceen from the pits.

Have i mentioned that i was jealous? I am...... VERY (see it's in caps) jealous!!!! I hope to be able to help out sometime over the summer.
2008 Cosmic Blue Speed3 - NEW :D
2006 Copper Red Mica 3 hatch - SOLD :(
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

D Walker

Postby D Walker » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:14

I have room for one or two more guys if anyone is interested, give me a call at 720-212-5838!

Cheers,
Don
1986 Turbo FC race car, S6 13b, GOOPY Apex seals etc, GT35R, AEM EMS, lots more good stuff

RX8 World Chalenge Touring Car #7
RX8 World Challenge Touring Car #8

MSP SuperStreet

Postby MSP SuperStreet » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:14

Come-on. Join in on the fun.
We won't be leaving until Wednesday evening. So you only need two days off work/school.
We'll be back early Sunday, so you can be back at work/school refreshed Monday morning.

:25b530fa:Can you say Road Trip and Racing.:25b530fa:

MSP SuperStreet

Postby MSP SuperStreet » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:14

Meeting up with Don soon and then we're head out.
I have my camera and will give a full report when I get back.
Wish us luck.

MSP SuperStreet

Postby MSP SuperStreet » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:14

Having a great weekend. Its been carzy. The #07 Car (RX-8) has been holding its own on track. It snowed today so the Qualifying Race was cancelled. But we did good enough in the practice races to qualify for tomorrows final race. Got some great pics, I'll will have to post-up when I get home on Sunday. The fee for internet access at the track is $50.00. WTF

chromal

Postby chromal » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:14

Very cool! Can't wait to hear how things go Saturday! I hope you didn't pay $50 to write the updates. That's insane, a month of home internet costs less... Anyway, good luck to you all!

MSP SuperStreet

Postby MSP SuperStreet » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:14

I passed on the $50.00 internet service at the track. I'm using the hotel wifi, but we are just about ready to check out of the hotel and head to the track this morning.

Weather forcast this morning looks mixed. Possibly some snow in the morning 30% and maybe rain in the afternoon (40%), High temp 40 degrees. The race is between 2-3pm today. The car is hooked up for dry conitions with sticky tires, if it rains we'll have to scramble to get rain tires and change the set-up in the car. If it snows like yester day the event could be totaly scrapped.

Got a report yesterday that one of the cars in the TC class (the class we are in) cashed during practice yesterday morning. When I first saw the car towed off the track it didn't look bad, but we got reports the driver was seriously hurt and went to the hospital. He has a broken back with limited mobility above his waist and no mobility below. Some scary stuff when you realize how dangerous racing can be.

The Final Race is about 20 laps completed in 50 minutes from lining-up to clearing the track after the race. There is another RX-8 in the Final Race from a Upper Mid West Team.

Time to go.

MSP SuperStreet

Postby MSP SuperStreet » Sun May 01, 2011 9:14

Just got back this morning. We drove back last night after the race.

The Race
As I mentioned above the Qualifying Race was cancelled. Without Quilifying Times, poll positions were based on current TC Series points/standings. Our car was positioned 10th on the TC Poll. We probably would have impoved our poll position by 2-3 position if we had the opportunity to qualify based on how the car was running in practice. But such is Racing.

The Start
All the World Challenge Classes (GT, GTS and TC) race together. This makes for a large and crowded field. The field for this race was 54 cars. 15 cars were registered in the TC Class. The GT Class (fastest) are placed at the front of the poll. Behind them are the GTS Class and the TC cars are placed at the back of the poll. The World Challenge uses a standing start - Drivers are in running cars and stationary until the green light starts the race. This makes for an exciting start but can also lead to scrambling and crashes. In this case two cars in front of the TC Class crashed on the start backing up cars behind them. Our driver has a reputation of getting good starts and jumping pass 2-3 TC cars on the start. No opportunity this time.

The crash also bought out the yellow flag and pace car while the crash was cleaned up for 20 minutes. So the first 20 minutes saw no racing action. The Race is limited to 23 laps by the GT cars or 50 minutes which ever come first.

#07 RX-8 Performance, Track and Weather
The track was dry but the outside temperature was 40 degrees. The car was a little sluggish compared to the practice runs. It never reach optimum engine temp. Looking back we should have taped/bocked off air flow to the radiator. The other RX-8 did and performed a little better. The turbo Volvo C30 and Jetta had the distinct advantage over the NA cars and it showed in the final standing.

Overall Evaluation
Our car improved three positions for the starting poll and finished 7th. A total of 15 cars register in TC, so we finished in the middle of the pack. Given all things considered (weather, crash & car performed) the Team was satisfied with the outcome. There is much more to build from this race and more potential to squeeze out of the car.

The other RX-8 was positioned just ahead of us on the poll and sucessfully avoided the back-up behind the crash. It finished 5th.

4 Races/Rounds completed in the 2011 Series, another 8 more Races/Rounds left.

MSP SuperStreet

Pictures

Getting the cars prep in the shop on Wednesday before we left. The #07 RX-8 is silver/blue/yellow. The #08 RX-8 is silver. Unforunately the #08 RX-8 was not completed in time to sucessfully race this weekend.

Car prep for Practice

Snow which cancelled Qualifying Race
Driver in Red Racing Suit calling to get status on Qualifying Race.

Race Day - Sun is back out but cold. Car is ready to hit the track.

Me in my CMZC shirt with the Car after the race.

MSP SuperStreet

Link to Perilli World Challenge Series

http://www.world-challenge.com/event/index.php?ID=123

Click on Events and then Miller to get race information and race pictures. Several pictures of the #07 RX-8. The car photographs nice.

Return to “Track Days and Events”