Challenges

Off Topic Discussion. These posts do count towards overall post count. This is by far the best subforum on the site.
speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:14

Good kill. Your telling of the story almost sounds like a football game or something LOL. Most of the time races are pretty well finished once one person starts taking the lead, but the score just kept changing so much lol.

~Barn~

Postby ~Barn~ » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:14

I wish I could say that I felt it was a solid "kill", but alas even if I would have started pulling him in 4th onward, his huge HP probably would have eventually put him back in front at some point in the triple-digits. It was a helluva race though, for what it lasted!
~Brandon~
Image 720.935.6438

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

This is Bunny. Bunny has the following mods: BNR Supercars GT28RS TC - Mazdaspeed CAI - ACT Streetlite CK - Vibrant TIP - Extreme Turbo Systems TMIC - SLS Performance TP - Magnaflow CBE - James Barone Racing SSP & HSK - Cobb AP - Xcarlink iPod integrator - VG Sharkfin - RX-8 Wheels - Fiber Images CF Hood w/BCM accents

Regulator

Postby Regulator » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:14

Pretty sure I ran someone from the club the other day. Bright blue FC RX-7. Anyone on here?
[color="Silver"]Old: 2004 Mazda6, 2006 MS6[/color]
New: 2010 EVO X MR - 400hp, 360tq

erod550

Postby erod550 » Mon May 13, 2013 9:14

Yesterday as I was coming out of my neighborhood onto the main street nearby, I was about to turn right and coming the other way about to turn left was a white Challenger. I obviously have the right of way but he didn't seem to care. It's a 3-lane road so I wouldn't care so much if he would have just turned into the far left lane but he starts coming over and ended up just turning into the middle lane, but still, it looked like he was going to turn right into me until the last second. Anyway we both end up punching it and he was left several buslengths behind. New Challengers look good but they are not fast. They're super heavy which is a big reason why they always come in 3rd in the Mustang/Camaro/Challenger comparos.

I felt bad afterward though. Not for driving too fast on a public road, but for doing an all out pull before my car was fully warmed up. I apologized to it and told it I'd let it warm up before doing that again.
2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way
1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:
2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0
2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT
2005 Flame Red SRT-4

I`m Batman

Postby I`m Batman » Mon May 13, 2013 9:14

erod550 wrote:I felt bad afterward though. Not for driving too fast on a public road, but for doing an all out pull before my car was fully warmed up. I apologized to it and told it I'd let it warm up before doing that again.

:lol: I feel the same way.
Image Image

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Mon May 13, 2013 9:14

erod550 wrote:They're super heavy .

A big gripe of mine...they're like boats.
one and one makes two, together we are free

kingtut

Not a challenge per se.. but I had a GTR give me just a taste of what he could do. He made my Speed look like it was standing still.

Damn, I want one...

mOOsE

Postby mOOsE » Mon May 13, 2013 9:14

I had this girl in a jeep stage at the light next to me... Light when green and she floored it. Decided I would go ahead and floor it as well on the Ninja, it was a fight... but I managed to squeak by her.

j/k. I just think some of the stories are funny. Weirdly, I get more aggression from drivers wanting to race or challenge me while I'm on the bike than in the Evo. I don't understand how anyone can think they could keep up with a bike? Maybe they just want to see me go for it or see the bike take off... who knows. Just interesting nonetheless.

kingtut

mOOsE wrote:I don't understand how anyone can think they could keep up with a bike? Maybe they just want to see me go for it or see the bike take off... who knows. Just interesting nonetheless.

Yup, it literally gets annoying. Minivans (specifically the Toyota version) and parents in SUV's are the worst at doing this:confused:

mOOsE

Postby mOOsE » Mon May 13, 2013 9:14

kingtut wrote:Yup, it literally gets annoying. Minivans (specifically the Toyota version) and parents in SUV's are the worst at doing this:confused:

It's weird, for sure. Although I forget that, with the full gear on, I look far more intimidating or menacing than I am. In reality, behind my closed tinted visor, I'm just sort of staring at the intersections with a stupid look on my face making sure I don't get car-raped.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Tue May 14, 2013 9:14

Some cars can keep up with bikes though, and in some cases beat them as well. Zico is fairly confident I could take a 600, but not a liter bike LOL. But there are cars out there smoking Busas and other bikes. The money it takes to make the car that capable isn't really in my price range though lol.

I'm not sure if this was a challenge or not, but I got yelled at after it happened LOL. I was in the 7 and sitting in the left most lane of a two-turn-lane turning left. I was watching the light to my right to see when it would turn so I could be ready to take off, then the lady in the Tahoe or whatever next to me started inching up and blocked the light. I have no idea why she did that, I guess she wanted to race haha. I took off fast and left her way behind (again, not even sure how fast she took off), and I stayed in the left lane while she got over to the right to make the immediate right turn. As she passed me she yelled "get over yourself" LOL. I just shook my head and laughed. Me taking off like that had nothing to do with her, I was just having fun. Whatevs.

mOOsE

Postby mOOsE » Thu May 23, 2013 9:14

speedjunkie wrote:Some cars can keep up with bikes though, and in some cases beat them as well. Zico is fairly confident I could take a 600, but not a liter bike LOL. But there are cars out there smoking Busas and other bikes. The money it takes to make the car that capable isn't really in my price range though lol.

Many people think that. My Ninja 650 is not a super sport. It is a 72 HP bike in Sport clothing, and runs 12's, maybe even 11's in the 1/4 bone stock. A true 600 ss class bike, such as CBR600 or R6 will run 10's... BONE STOCK. There are always faster vehicles, but you should also know a stock Busa is a 8-9 second bike, with modded busa's in the 6's. There isn't a street car I have ever seen that could approach that.

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Tue May 13, 2014 9:14

Bump from the dead.

So far, I've had a newer GTI try to goad me, and some schmuck in a Juke (not Nismo). People are funny. Both times were in a 35 MPH speed zone, known speed trap areas, so I let em run away.
[color="RoyalBlue"]1992 Miata Project[/color]

Dwduc

Postby Dwduc » Tue May 13, 2014 9:14

Oh if I see ya on the road its on! sounds like you are an easy win! bring that thing out with us on the 23rd. Have some safe fast fun on clean dry pavement!

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Tue May 13, 2014 9:14

Huzer wrote:Bump from the dead.

Both times were in a 35 MPH speed zone, known speed trap areas, so I let em run away.

So you're saying you've already lost to a GTI and a Juke? :disappointed:

#beersndrag

Return to “Lounge”