Challenges

Off Topic Discussion. These posts do count towards overall post count. This is by far the best subforum on the site.
Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:14

GR-8 wrote:Sooooo. I really need to get on a dyno and see what power I'm putting down. I had 2 Evo challenges. I have not once ever had a challenge from an Evo that was doable. They all end up with me having to turn or them having to turn or it's in traffic. But that didn't happen. First was an Evo X that changed 3 lanes to get behind me on an empty street. I changed 3 lanes slowly over when the light turned red. He followed and I gave it half throttle to see if he was gonna keep, and he did, so I floored it when we hit 40. I just kept pulling. Felt good.

Next was an Evo 8 or 9. I'm really bad at telling the 2 apart. I'm pretty sure it was an 8. I was behind him and he took off so I followed. Lets just say if I didn't slow down my bumper would have been wearing Evo.

Car feels really great! Dave has done a great job tuning it. I can't wait to get the transmission fixed so I can make a run at Bandimere this Spring. I need to set up a time at Boost Creep and MAC sometime to see what power I am now putting down. 15+PSI Woo!

Regulator?

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:14

Huzer wrote:He did have a "Calvin pissing on the Toyota logo" on the back window...

excellent deduction sir,
current score:
miT:1
Shadow:0

Flipping you off and such? that's shitty... some people... I'm reminded of tut.
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:14

Shadowden wrote:Regulator?

Sounds like it was.

ImageImage

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:14

VRx8 wrote:Another thing is big trucks! I don't know why but truck are always trying to start something. It almost get to the point that pisses me off, specially guys that don't present any type of challange lol. Civic's with cold air intakes and stuff like that lol.

I like to play with V8's

Yeah, like Z06 Vettes that you end up beating? LOL

I've had a few trucks challenge me. I'm not sure why.

Huzer wrote:I had my first anti-Jap run in last night with the Tundra. Some tool in a lifted non-diesel early 2000s Ram swerving at me, honking, revving at the light, flipping me off. Laughing as he "won" when he pulled away from the light. Fun stuff.

I can't stand when people act like this. Seriously, so many Japanese cars are made here in the US now anyway, grow up.

Andy and I had a guy drive by us in a big white van a couple weeks ago. We had stopped on the side of the road because Andy was having issues and the guy yelled "buy American!" as he passed. It didn't really make me mad, I just thought it was pathetic. I mean, most people don't even know what kind of car it is or what country it's from. And in most cases these are not owned by the original owners still.

Brigdh

Postby Brigdh » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:14

Its always funny how most "American" cars are made in Mexico

Regulator

Postby Regulator » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:14

GR-8 wrote:Sooooo. I really need to get on a dyno and see what power I'm putting down. I had 2 Evo challenges. I have not once ever had a challenge from an Evo that was doable. They all end up with me having to turn or them having to turn or it's in traffic. But that didn't happen. First was an Evo X that changed 3 lanes to get behind me on an empty street. I changed 3 lanes slowly over when the light turned red. He followed and I gave it half throttle to see if he was gonna keep, and he did, so I floored it when we hit 40. I just kept pulling. Felt good.

Heheh I spotted your car and stalked you over to that lane. I would love to run them side by side to see what kinda distance you would put on me. Your car is lighter and has more power. Your car sounded NASTY going through the tunnel there lol.
[color="Silver"]Old: 2004 Mazda6, 2006 MS6[/color]
New: 2010 EVO X MR - 400hp, 360tq

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:14

Brigdh wrote:Its always funny how most "American" cars are made in Mexico

Exactly.

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:14

Regulator wrote:Heheh I spotted your car and stalked you over to that lane. I would love to run them side by side to see what kinda distance you would put on me. Your car is lighter and has more power. Your car sounded NASTY going through the tunnel there lol.

Side by Side would have been ideal. But you didn't pull next to me when we got to the tunnel. I couldn't see who was in the car either. There was so much glare on the windshield.

We gotta run side by side some time then. Are you still bone stock? Does the Evo X really weigh 4500lbs? I'm definitely not putting down as much torque and I'm not completely sure I'm over 300 HP but a 1500 lb difference is pretty huge. (It's probably less a difference than that realistically but still a large difference.)

ImageImage

erod550

Postby erod550 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:14

Evo X is 3500, not 4500. Even some giant Cadillac sedans aren't 4500, hehe.
2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way
1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:
2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0
2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT
2005 Flame Red SRT-4

Regulator

Postby Regulator » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:14

GR-8 wrote:Side by Side would have been ideal. But you didn't pull next to me when we got to the tunnel. I couldn't see who was in the car either. There was so much glare on the windshield.

We gotta run side by side some time then. Are you still bone stock? Does the Evo X really weigh 4500lbs? I'm definitely not putting down as much torque and I'm not completely sure I'm over 300 HP but a 1500 lb difference is pretty huge. (It's probably less a difference than that realistically but still a large difference.)

I am stock besides an OTS Cobb Stage 1 91 Map.
[color="Silver"]Old: 2004 Mazda6, 2006 MS6[/color]

New: 2010 EVO X MR - 400hp, 360tq

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:14

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4slFq1iNaY&NR=1&feature=endscreen"]street racing zero tolerance - YouTube[/ame]

Long video, but interesting.

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:14

erod550 wrote:Evo X is 3500, not 4500. Even some giant Cadillac sedans aren't 4500, hehe.

Then I gotta get my eyes checked because that's what I read on the Mitsubishi site.:eek: 3500 sounds more like it.

ImageImage

~Barn~

Postby ~Barn~ » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:14

Just had a true stop-light drag race with a newie ML63 AMG. Ho----lee shit, those trucks are fast.

We basically neck-n-neck'd it up to the point where we had to hard brake for an upcoming yellow. He was able to use his a-trans to get the jump on me at green, but I hit a great launch myself and reeled him in quick like and got maybe a 3/4 length lead. That started disappearing pretty fast though, and he ended up getting about the same lead on me as 2nd and 3rd gears passed. It looked like it was about to get ugly for me, but as 4th gear started pulling, his aerodynamic disadvantage became clear and again I evened things up and would have made a run of him if we had the road for it. Thank goodness that the lights put a dose of rationality back into us though. Wow.... I want one of those things now!
~Brandon~
Image 720.935.6438

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

This is Bunny. Bunny has the following mods: BNR Supercars GT28RS TC - Mazdaspeed CAI - ACT Streetlite CK - Vibrant TIP - Extreme Turbo Systems TMIC - SLS Performance TP - Magnaflow CBE - James Barone Racing SSP & HSK - Cobb AP - Xcarlink iPod integrator - VG Sharkfin - RX-8 Wheels - Fiber Images CF Hood w/BCM accents

coloskydiver

Postby coloskydiver » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:14

What where you in?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2005 Nissan Nismo Frontier-Supercharged- SOLD
2006 Speed 6- SOLD
2008 Scion Xd- SOLD
1990 Miata- SuperCharged 331 Fuel Injected Small Block Ford V8-SOLD
2008 Ford F250 Super Duty- Current
2014 Factory Five 818S- In Progress

~Barn~

Postby ~Barn~ » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:14

My Mazda.
~Brandon~
Image 720.935.6438

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

This is Bunny. Bunny has the following mods: BNR Supercars GT28RS TC - Mazdaspeed CAI - ACT Streetlite CK - Vibrant TIP - Extreme Turbo Systems TMIC - SLS Performance TP - Magnaflow CBE - James Barone Racing SSP & HSK - Cobb AP - Xcarlink iPod integrator - VG Sharkfin - RX-8 Wheels - Fiber Images CF Hood w/BCM accents

Return to “Lounge”