What grinds your gears?

Off Topic Discussion. These posts do count towards overall post count. This is by far the best subforum on the site.
mOOsE

Postby mOOsE » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:14

Cagers... it's been said before but fu#@ people who don't pay attention when driving!

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:14

^^ Fo sho'. Decent couple days ahead to ride to work, but these damned people out there. I'm usually heading to work in the wee hours of the morn', when its still dark. I can't tell you the amount of people who can't operate their vehicle properly. Can't see, etc. I think people need a friggin' DMV test every so often, sheesh.
one and one makes two, together we are free

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:14

On the subject of crappy drivers...those that for some reason think that YOU are supposed to yield to them when they are the ones that have a yield sign, and those that are turning right and you're waiting for them so you can turn left, and then they think you're turning in front of them so they come to a complete stop and leave you stranded in the middle of oncoming traffic while you're waiting for them to complete their turn, and also those that wait for oncoming traffic while turning left when they have a green arrow and you're stuck behind them because they're too stupid to notice they have the right of way. I have experienced all of these in the past 3 days.

erod550

Postby erod550 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:14

kingtut wrote:Toyota Siennas. Are these kid-toting egg mobiles supercharged or what? I've never had a vehicle take off so fast- beating me off the line, yet always be in my way.

Forgot to post it the other day but it was that same evening after you posted this that I was at a light next to a new Sienna that left me in the dust (in the wife's Impreza) and proceeded to weave through traffic at a high rate of speed. I was laughing pretty hard because what are the chances?
2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way
1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:
2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0
2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT
2005 Flame Red SRT-4

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:14

erod550 wrote:Forgot to post it the other day but it was that same evening after you posted this that I was at a light next to a new Sienna that left me in the dust (in the wife's Impreza) and proceeded to weave through traffic at a high rate of speed. I was laughing pretty hard because what are the chances?

must have been to "s" or "trd" version
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:14

I'm tellin' ya, keep your eyes out- it's crazy.

- When you get ready for work, then realize its a perfect day to ride. Buy you're too lazy to wash out the gel and wipe off your spray tanner.
- Mopeds who can't even go 30mph. What's the point and how are these street legal?

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:14

I didn't think you drove a moped
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:14

Why are kids not in school? Every day I see obvious school age children (mostly high school ages, but many younger as well) just wandering around, or groups of them leaving school at any hour of the day. Is school optional in CO? I also don't understand kids being allowed to leave school for lunch.
[color="RoyalBlue"]1992 Miata Project[/color]

kingtut

If HS age...we had an open campus. All of my drug use, alcohol consumption, lady-killing, and all around tomfoolery was conducted off campus; during these off hours.

mOOsE

Postby mOOsE » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:14

kingtut wrote:I'm tellin' ya, keep your eyes out- it's crazy.

yup, had a guy in front of me yesterday not use any turn signal... proceeded to get into the center lane to turn left, then ended up cutting back over within feet of me, hitting the brakes and going right. I locked up the brakes on the bike and slid within an inch of his bumper. It took a good amount of willpower not to follow him and beat the sh@$ out of him.

kingtut wrote:- When you get ready for work, then realize its a perfect day to ride. Buy you're too lazy to wash out the gel and wipe off your spray tanner.

have to take your dress off too, and helmet will mess up your concealer.

kingtut wrote:- Mopeds who can't even go 30mph. What's the point and how are these street legal?

They only bug me when they think they are a legit scooter or motorcycle. The 49cc or under ones aren't meant for traffic... they are meant for bike lanes or shoulders for drivers to go around, hence the no license requirement.... drives me nuts too when they stay in traffic and block things up.

kingtut

mOOsE wrote:drives me nuts too when they stay in traffic and block things up.

This. Can't tell you how that irks me. 9 times out of 10, it's some chick-- thinking she's saving Obama's planet by sipping gas on her scooter. Usually sporting a cute outfit and a pink helmet. I'm all for cute outfits, but not when you're in the middle of traffic, with nothing between you and me, but a sun dress and sandels, going 25mph (top speed) in a 45mph zone....:rolleyes:

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:14

kingtut wrote:This. Can't tell you how that irks me. 9 times out of 10, it's some chick-- thinking she's saving Obama's planet by sipping gas on her scooter. Usually sporting a cute outfit and a pink helmet. I'm all for cute outfits, but not when you're in the middle of traffic, with nothing between you and me, but a sun dress and sandels, going 25mph (top speed) in a 45mph zone....:rolleyes:

Really? For me it's usually some fat dude or some tatted out scrawny tool riding a Ruckus.
[color="RoyalBlue"]1992 Miata Project[/color]

kingtut

Oh....snap.

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:14

Huzer wrote:Really? For me it's usually some fat dude or some tatted out scrawny tool riding a Ruckus.

Lacking tatts and a Ruckus, but I like the later and dislike the former.

Brigdh

Postby Brigdh » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:14

Breaking a wheel stud while tightening a lug nut with a torque wrench, and then finding out the correct way to fix it is 3+ hours of work to disassemble the suspension, drive axle, and hub while replacing a bunch of perfectly good parts along the way

Return to “Lounge”