Dining with Tut

Off Topic Discussion. These posts do count towards overall post count. This is by far the best subforum on the site.
Huzer

Postby Huzer » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:14

kingtut wrote:Sushi Den

This place was just splendid. I'll admit I don't know much about sushi, have had minimal dining experiences, and am still learning. But from what I have to compare this place to (Hapa) I feel there is better selection, higher quality, and all around a better vibe.

Next time I find $100-200, I'll be going back.

My wife and I used to go to Sushi Den often (once a month or so) when we lived in that neck of the woods. We actually just went for sushi a few days ago. While it was ok, it doesn't compare to the quality of Sushi Den. We also used to go to Opal for happy hour sushi. $1 per piece, and $1 Coronas. Ha. In fact, I'd place Happy Sumo (where we went) on par with Opal.

Sushi Hai in the Highlands is also decent, and so far, I'd put that in 2nd place compared to Sushi Den. Sushi Tora in Boulder is good as well. I haven't ventured too far off the tuna, salmon path yet for sashimi.

Glad to see you're not like so many other people that consider sushi "bait". It's some mighty tasty bait! Ha.
[color="RoyalBlue"]1992 Miata Project[/color]

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:14

http://modpizza.com/

Mod Pizza (near Park Meadows)

Next time you're in the area, don't hesitate to pass BWW and get some real food. I was hesitant to try this place given the name. I mean it doesn't instill any feelings of deliciousness or anything. But let me tell you, I've now been here a few times and I've left feeling fulfilled from the inside out.

Pizzas are made to order. Think Chipotle, only pizza. Brick oven goodness awaits, enjoy!
one and one makes two, together we are free

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:14

There are a couple pizza places in C Springs that I swear by. Marilyn's and Savelli's, both in Manitou Springs.

I've been told by people that have been stationed in Italy that Marilyn's is as close as they've seen to actual Italian pizza, which I've never had so I'll have to take their word for it. But man is it good. I always get the supreme, and they only come in 10" size, and they only take cash. We used to get milkshakes there too because they'd give you the mixing cup too, so you'd get ALL of what they made. But they haven't done that in a long time.

Savelli's is more like regular pizza, but better. They have a chicken garlic ranch pizza that is AMAZING. As you would guess, the sauce is ranch instead of tomato based. The only thing about this pizza is that it messes up my stomach every time. Although I started getting it with hamburger instead of chicken and that solved all my problems. I would also get a supreme and eat the two together (back when I got it with chicken) and that helped a lot too. But I'd just skip the chicken and get some other kind of meat on it.

Tut, you need to come down after I get back so we can do a bang-bang at these two places. If any of you don't know what a bang-bang is, it's off of Louie.

Pizza places and BBQ places are my favorite, and so far C Springs kills both genres, one of the many reasons I love that town. And now I'm getting really hungry for good food.

Saul_Good
Location: Cerritos, CA (DW says i can't play here anymore...)

Postby Saul_Good » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:14

Food! My other hobby.

I've been wanting to go check this place out. Just need a reason to drive to Denver though.
http://www.ramendenver.com/

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:14

speedjunkie wrote:There are a couple pizza places in C Springs that I swear by. Marilyn's and Savelli's, both in Manitou Springs.

I've been told by people that have been stationed in Italy that Marilyn's is as close as they've seen to actual Italian pizza, which I've never had so I'll have to take their word for it. But man is it good. I always get the supreme, and they only come in 10" size, and they only take cash. We used to get milkshakes there too because they'd give you the mixing cup too, so you'd get ALL of what they made. But they haven't done that in a long time.

Savelli's is more like regular pizza, but better. They have a chicken garlic ranch pizza that is AMAZING. As you would guess, the sauce is ranch instead of tomato based. The only thing about this pizza is that it messes up my stomach every time. Although I started getting it with hamburger instead of chicken and that solved all my problems. I would also get a supreme and eat the two together (back when I got it with chicken) and that helped a lot too. But I'd just skip the chicken and get some other kind of meat on it.

Tut, you need to come down after I get back so we can do a bang-bang at these two places. If any of you don't know what a bang-bang is, it's off of Louie.

Pizza places and BBQ places are my favorite, and so far C Springs kills both genres, one of the many reasons I love that town. And now I'm getting really hungry for good food.

Real Italian pizza is completely different depending on the region. Both sides of my family have completely different pizza styles.
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:14

Saul_Good wrote:Food! My other hobby.

I've been wanting to go check this place out. Just need a reason to drive to Denver though.

I hear you can get that stuff for like $0.05 per pack in the grocery store :D

RX-7 Chris wrote:Real Italian pizza is completely different depending on the region. Both sides of my family have completely different pizza styles.

Yeah I never really knew what real Italian pizza was, other than hearing it was very little sauce and mostly veggies. Either way, I love Marilyn's pizza lol.

Jimmy also has a place in the Denver area (I don't remember which suburb) that I've been wanting to check out, ever since I stopped by to sell him my PLX gauge lol.

The Driver

Postby The Driver » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:14

Saul_Good wrote:Food! My other hobby.

Getting out of the Springs, is good enough reason for me...

HOOAAAH! :D

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:14

speedjunkie wrote:Tut, you need to come down after I get back so we can do a bang-bang at these two places. If any of you don't know what a bang-bang is, it's off of Louie.

I never figured you the type to ask me for a bang-bang...but hey, let's do it!
one and one makes two, together we are free

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:14

You know I show LOVE to all my friends :wub:

Have you ever seen Louie? The bang-bang is where they eat a full meal at one place, and then go straight to somewhere else and eat another full meal.

Marilyn's...Savelli's. BANG BANG

Luis and Jason ate at Marilyn's last night, I'm waiting to hear from them to see if they liked it.

Saul_Good
Location: Cerritos, CA (DW says i can't play here anymore...)

Postby Saul_Good » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:14

speedjunkie wrote:You know I show LOVE to all my friends :wub:

Have you ever seen Louie? The bang-bang is where they eat a full meal at one place, and then go straight to somewhere else and eat another full meal.

Marilyn's...Savelli's. BANG BANG

Luis and Jason ate at Marilyn's last night, I'm waiting to hear from them to see if they liked it.

Both closed by 8:00pm :mad:

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:14

Ok, let's have a meet there this summer sometime. Maybe around lunch time on the weekend just so we know for sure they'll be open haha. Although parking is going to be ridiculous.

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:14

About a month or so ago we went to Pizzeria Rustica in OCC (Old Colorado City) and it was some of the best pizza I've had in Colorado. It isn't cheap though, $14-$15 for a 12" that could be eaten by one person. We took my parents there for lunch and walked away to an $80 bill plus tip.

http://pizzeriarustica.com/wp/
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:14

^I will try that one too. I looooooove some good pizza.

Return to “Lounge”