Dining with Tut

Off Topic Discussion. These posts do count towards overall post count. This is by far the best subforum on the site.
Huzer

Postby Huzer » Thu May 23, 2013 9:14

Is it common to put a normally CO2 beer on nitro? That sounds odd to me.
[color="RoyalBlue"]1992 Miata Project[/color]

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Thu May 23, 2013 9:14

Huzer wrote:Is it common to put a normally CO2 beer on nitro? That sounds odd to me.

It sounds odd to me too, but who am I to argue with the evolution of beer consumption:confused:

At this point, its the only thing that makes sense. Unless that is, its some random beer that I've never had. But that's hardly logical...as I've had them all and then some.
one and one makes two, together we are free

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Thu May 23, 2013 9:14

No review of steves snappin dogs?

You need to slum it more to find better food. There is a dive looking pizza place on santa fe I have been eyeing.

Belemontis pizza. Looks like a good place. Should lunch there. Between 6th and 7th on santa fe.

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Sat May 25, 2013 9:14

Steve's? Ha ha...I need a big strong man to accompany me, if I'm going to slum it...

I've never really had sushi. But today I was ushered over to Tokyo Joe's. I had the required California roll, along with eel, and seared ahi. Everything was actually quite delightful.

_AlexTM

Postby _AlexTM » Sat May 25, 2013 9:14

Huzer wrote:Is it common to put a normally CO2 beer on nitro? That sounds odd to me.

not really, although it is becoming way more popular. at Proto's in a couple weeks we are getting a CO2/nitro mix which will be interesting.
SOLD 2004 Mazda3 hatch

2004 Java Black Pearl Forester XT :D

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Mon May 27, 2013 9:14

It has been confirmed: The beer is indeed Sawtooth. It *has* to be nitro. It's amazing...that beer is the same, but totally different (on nitro). Frothy head, mmm...mmm.

Edit: I am fully aware that my 'frothy' comment might be taken by some (cough: tsx), to be a suggestive comment. But I assure you, it was not.

Let me add this: Hodson's is quite pricey! Nearly spent a hundee the other night. That kind of money would be much better spent at an uppity place, sheesh. My thoughts are, Hodson's is in over their head and perhaps their menu prices are a reflection of that(?) It would be cool if they'd "own" the patio and excellent location they have. So...stop playing low-volume, lame music. Maybe get some food and drink specials going? I predict it will shut down soon (just like La Cantina did). Too bad too, because that Lefthand Sawtooth Nitro is Un-bee-lee-vable.

kingtut

Out of all my worldy travels (mildly sarcastic), this place is beyond superb. I haven't a single thing bad to say and everything great to say. They even offer "fine beers" served in wine glasses:D

http://fruitionrestaurant.com/

~Barn~

Postby ~Barn~ » Mon May 27, 2013 9:14

The wife and I had a really nice meal at the Yard House in Lone Tree last night. Their beer selection was pretty vast, as well.
~Brandon~
Image 720.935.6438

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

This is Bunny. Bunny has the following mods: BNR Supercars GT28RS TC - Mazdaspeed CAI - ACT Streetlite CK - Vibrant TIP - Extreme Turbo Systems TMIC - SLS Performance TP - Magnaflow CBE - James Barone Racing SSP & HSK - Cobb AP - Xcarlink iPod integrator - VG Sharkfin - RX-8 Wheels - Fiber Images CF Hood w/BCM accents

kingtut

~Barn~ wrote:The wife and I had a really nice meal at the Yard House in Lone Tree last night. Their beer selection was pretty vast, as well.

Thank you for your contribution Mr. Barn. Why yes, the YH is quite nice. I find myself liking the environment more than the food these days-- allow me to explain:

Albeit their beer selection is far beyond anyone else's, I always go back to what I know (Wheats, Belgians, Whites, etc). So I'm not taking full advantage of their offerings. Let me say, the first time I went there (downtown location), it was STELLAR! We went all out...apps, pricey entrees, dessert- yada yada. Now, having gone back countless times to the Park Meadows one- I find their food to be lacking (for the price you pay). I've had a good selection of their menu, so I feel my opinions do come with some merit.

All that said, I continue to go to the YH:)

~Barn~

Postby ~Barn~ » Mon May 27, 2013 9:14

I'll agree with the "ambiance" being as equal a draw, as the food itself. It was good, but not holy-sweet-jesus good. I'm a white ale and wheat beer drinker myself, so I tried a couple that I hadn't previously had. The Goose Island 312 was tasty, and reminded me a bit of Hoegaarden, but the real winner of the night was the Weihenstephaner Dunkel. Wasn't sure what to expect from it, but it was definitely a quaffer. I'll be on the lookout for it at the "megamarts" in the future.

On the plus side, we didn't leave hungry and I'm only now finishing off the 1/2 rack of ribs (from full rack) that I wasn't able to conquer yesterday. In the end (as you alluded to) I see no reason to not go back...
=)
~Brandon~
Image 720.935.6438

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

This is Bunny. Bunny has the following mods: BNR Supercars GT28RS TC - Mazdaspeed CAI - ACT Streetlite CK - Vibrant TIP - Extreme Turbo Systems TMIC - SLS Performance TP - Magnaflow CBE - James Barone Racing SSP & HSK - Cobb AP - Xcarlink iPod integrator - VG Sharkfin - RX-8 Wheels - Fiber Images CF Hood w/BCM accents

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:14

This place belongs on Gordon Ramsey's 'Kitchen Nightmares': http://row14denver.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Dinner-05-24-13.pdf

What a complete and utter joke this place was:rolleyes:

- Service sucked. Our hostess doubled as our waitress- I saw a look of contempt in her eyes all night [still tipped her good].
- The sliders (only two) were doused in some super-salty/mayo sauce...and were indeed [insert Gordon Ramsey voice]: "RAW!"
- Their "parm fries" were nothing more than a poorly cooked (soggy), greasy- no flavor mess. Blach.
- Drinks were overpriced, but that's normal. (The only positive was: Ska True Blond on tap)
- Horrible ambiance.
- My bass came out skin on. Filet was small. Overcooked. Brocollini undercooked. The only thing making it edible was the bed of 'soup' it sat on. I felt like a kid drowning his meatloaf in ketchup.
- The steak was RAW. No flavor, and the [small amount of] flavor it did have was gross. Potatoes were undercooked and also, gross.

It felt like the cook/s was some two-bit, poser with no culinary training. Horrible, horrible-- I'd have rather had Arby's:mad:

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:14

The concessions at the Performing Arts Complex:

I found their nut-bags to be underwhelming. Only offering two choices? Tsk tsk. Begrudgingly I opted for the dark choco covered almonds. For nearly $5 and ehhh, 25-30 almonds- these better be damn good.

Although I found them to be quite edible, I wouldn't go so far as to say they were delightful. I would however wager to say they kept me coming back.

The almonds themselves weren't roasted. That was a bit off-putting, but a forgivable offense. Now...the dark chocolate coating-- it was quite bland. It didn't have the complexity or richness that I've come to expect from the chocolate family. So for that, I shall give them 3 strikes: one for the excessive price (and limited varieties), one for the reckless use of raw almonds, and one for the [dare I say] cheap choco coating. I'd say its a safe bet that this..."chocolate" was not even on par with the likes of Hershey:rolleyes:

Save your $4 + tip and bring in your own food/drink.

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:14

i'm surprised you didn't bring your own since it's your way...
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:14

You can now see why I require my chocolate to be top-notch.

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:14

I just saw a thing on choco and one of the best places to get choco is ...
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

Return to “Lounge”