My weekend...

Off Topic Discussion. These posts do count towards overall post count. This is by far the best subforum on the site.
chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:14

LaginWagon wrote:Not to be a d*ck, but aren't you skinny and 150lbs soaking wet? Maybe bouncing isn't a career for you...

tbot wrote:Yeah ur right ^^..more like #130, but I've been doing it for 4+ years now, and doing a great job at it so far, up until this last weekend. There are a lot of benefits to being smaller, mainly being behind the bar bar backing for the bartenders, but no one seems to know I exist until it absolutely matters. This case was different as we were outside already and no one else showed up (which normally everyone does).

Basically what I'm saying, is even tho size does help, its not the end all be all of bouncing.

Edit:

I'm open to any replacement carrier opportunities that anyone might have as well, but like I was saying about the pay, it'd have to be around $25-$30/hour and full time to make it worth my while to replace this one.

kingtut wrote:I figure there's always going to be someone bigger than you. So why not take the guess work out of it, ha ha. I generally see the 'bigger' type walking around with black eyes anyway.

I wouldn't want to turn down that money either. Although, I'd probably get my *** kicked the first night:blink:

Haha, all valid points.

When I bounced, (I'm 6'7" 300lbs, BTW), I trained a guy who was around 5'8" and 185lbs but built like a rock, and an ex-Marine. He was one of our most effective bouncers. He could get a group of guys to leave with a dirty look. He could command a room with just his voice, so he rarely ever had to toss someone.

I only remember him actually starting an altercation (getting in a fight with a guy he was trying to remove) once, and he broke the guys arm in 4 places after the guy pulled a knife on him. One bad mofo.

On the other hand, there was a guy who was my height and about 400lbs (just fat, LOL), and the biggest pussy I ever meet. He lasted one night. He got hit in the face and I thought he was going to cry.

The Marine was one of our best bouncers, but probably our most effective was Big John. He was 6'11", 550lbs, has a chest bigger around than most people are tall, could max out any machine at the gym including the bench press, leg press, dead lifts, etc, and had hands that could palm a basketball like normal person holds a softball. No joke, most intimidating person I've ever meet.

Anyways, I'm kind of just ranting, I could talk about my experiences in bouncing/bar security all day. I have to admit, I miss the pay. I got a pretty decent hourly wage plus cash tips (all under the table, obviously) so no pesky taxes. In one night of work with good tips I could bring home more than I do in a week.

I remember my last Valentines days I bounced, I got tipped out about $1700 cash plus my 6 hours of work in cash. And the club I was at also paid out $20 bucks per fake ID caught, so I had about 10 fakies in one night so I made bank on that. Plus, free drinks anytime I went there for me and my friends, LOL. But no insurance and obviously no 401k LOL.
:eek:

~Barn~

Postby ~Barn~ » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:14

Damn...! Your work didn't look like it was the hood when I was over there!
=)

I hope it ends up healing easily enough. And seriously.... who cheap shots people these days? Lame.

bellalyssa

Postby bellalyssa » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:14

Let me know when you are well enough to go back to work. I'll be old enough to partake in the celebratory festivities for your quick recovery.
2004 Mazda3s Hatchback: Totalled
2002 Audi A4 Avant: Sold

2013 Subaru WRX 5-door: Stage 1

tbot

Postby tbot » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:14

funny responses guys...and yes the dick got arrested. i'm looking into whats necessary to put him in jail and get a lump sum of money from him.

hopefully i'll be good to go in about a month or so, and i'll send out an invite to everyone who wants to partake in the partying.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:14

You know, I was just thinking tbot, you might wanna watch Roadhouse again, brush up on your moves a bit?? Just a thought.

Stealth01

Postby Stealth01 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:14

bellalyssa wrote:Let me know when you are well enough to go back to work. I'll be old enough to partake in the celebratory festivities for your quick recovery.

OMG...I have a daughter your age. :)

tbot wrote:funny responses guys...and yes the dick got arrested. i'm looking into whats necessary to put him in jail and get a lump sum of money from him.

As I understand it, the money part will be easier than the jail part due to crowding.

speedjunkie wrote:You know, I was just thinking tbot, you might wanna watch Roadhouse again, brush up on your moves a bit?? Just a thought.

HAhahahahaha.
Stealth01
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
SURE Full3 Aeros ID300 SRI, SURE Torq R6 RMM, SURE Shortcut/Countershift, SURE Anchors, Dunlop Winterspot M3s (Winter Shoes), "O" Series Stubby Antenna, Red LED Dome & Door Lights, Whistler Pro-78 RD Hardwired, SURE Dreadnaught, Juggernaught, SURE Flow M6 TP, SURE Charge Tubes, Hawk HPS F/R Pads, Technafit SSBLs, StopTech Rotors, Cobb AP, SURE Ventus in 50-50 Hybrid Mode, [color="Lime"] PERM Tune[/color] (Stratified Auto) Coming soon: Autotech FP Internals, S6 Mounts

rmeeker13

Postby rmeeker13 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:14

Damn son!
GT28-COBB AP-COBB SRI-TURBOSMART EBOOST2 EBC-JBR SSP-CP-E DP-CP-E INLET-CP-E 3'' CB-ETS IC-DNP MANI-TIAL 44MM EWG-OEM BPV-AWR RRM-SURE DREADNAUGHT-EIBACH SL SPRINGS-KONIG ZERO'S-GREDDY OCC-NGK 1 STEP COLDER PLUGS
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tbot

Postby tbot » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:14

Stealth, I'll invite you're daughter too...wouldn't want anyone to miss out on all the good times that will be had...

ok ok...you can come too
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Regulator

Postby Regulator » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:14

Geeze man sorry to hear about the rough weekend. That guy was a coward to hit you when you weren't looking and just trying to do your job.

Good thing is you are alright and up and talking.. could have been a lot worse. That guy will get whats coming to him soon.
[color="Silver"]Old: 2004 Mazda6, 2006 MS6[/color]
New: 2010 EVO X MR - 400hp, 360tq

*MS3~SNAIL*

Postby *MS3~SNAIL* » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:14

Glad you're doing o.k, considering what happened.
2010 MazdaSpeed3 Black Mica | Cobb AP | CS SRI/TIP [color=black]| CS Racepipe [/color]| CP-E 75 Duro RMM | 30% Tint all around [color=#000000]| Blacked out fog light trim and emblems [/color]| Radar detector tapped into HomeLink/Compass RVM | WeatherTech Floor Mats Front and Back | Fumoto Oil Drain Valve

[color=blue]:D The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude. :D[/color]

ms. D

Postby ms. D » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:14

Ironically, I was in the parking lot of your work Friday night....spent some time at Vinyl and saw probably 10 fights within the hour and a half I was there. Then when we were meeting the rest of the bikes across from u, there was 2 more fights in the lot. That area is really sketchy.

Not cool what happen to u, glad your ok buddy! Get better quick and eff that guy over as royally as possible!

rush24

Postby rush24 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:14

speedjunkie wrote:You know, I was just thinking tbot, you might wanna watch Roadhouse again, brush up on your moves a bit?? Just a thought.

:D:lol::D

http://vimeo.com/9473256
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=134]
2007 Black CX7

Apexcone Raptor 6000k HID...
[color=Black]Corksport Turbo Inlet Pipe

Forge V1 BPV...ProSport Boost Gauge
3" DP back Exhaust System
[/color][/font][/SIZE]...[color=Black]PG SRI
SURE Motor Mount...
[/color]

Dash Hawk...Altered Customs CX-7 FMIC

geo2maz

Postby geo2maz » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:14

ms. D wrote:Ironically, I was in the parking lot of your work Friday night....spent some time at Vinyl and saw probably 10 fights within the hour and a half I was there. Then when we were meeting the rest of the bikes across from u, there was 2 more fights in the lot.

Exactly why I avoid the hotspots on weekend nights... Broadway, blake/market all are a mess of drunken a**holes looking for trouble!

ms. D

Postby ms. D » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:14

geo2maz wrote:Exactly why I avoid the hotspots on weekend nights... Broadway, blake/market all are a mess of drunken a**holes looking for trouble!

Yep. I avoid downtown whenever possible. If I do go, I normally leave early or am drunk and ignore it all :lol:

rush24

Postby rush24 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:14

I found out that one of the guys that I work with was there that night when this happened....he saw it happen.....crazy small world...He was leaving the club when the shit went down....
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=134]
2007 Black CX7

Apexcone Raptor 6000k HID...
[color=Black]Corksport Turbo Inlet Pipe

Forge V1 BPV...ProSport Boost Gauge
3" DP back Exhaust System
[/color][/font][/SIZE]...[color=Black]PG SRI
SURE Motor Mount...
[/color]

Dash Hawk...Altered Customs CX-7 FMIC

Return to “Lounge”