Traitor

Off Topic Discussion. These posts do count towards overall post count. This is by far the best subforum on the site.
Ranger

Postby Ranger » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:14

Haha, yeah, makes me glad I'm not tall. I feel the S fits me pretty well, it's a bit smaller than the FD, but not by much. Even so I want to lower the seat...my head sticks up past the roll hoops :o Interesting about the gearbox...I figure the ratios are different, but the shifter feels almost exactly the same!

erod550

Postby erod550 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:14

Very nice. I have a friend who is a Honda fanatic and has a very nice S2K. He's putting down over 400rwhp, boosted of course. And he just got a new CR-Z, though I wouldn't buy one of those things lol.

Love the black too. Looks great.
2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way
1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:
2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0
2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT
2005 Flame Red SRT-4

dommo_g

Postby dommo_g » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:14

Ranger wrote:Haha! I don't really have title issues with the FD, I just need to find a way to get a VIN verification done, because the title came from out of state. But I can't drive it, so I can't take it to get the inspection done. Sort of a catch 22 there. I'll have to tow it or something. I really want to keep it, but I'm in a rough spot financially so I don't think I can afford to. It's not like it's going to go up in value either...

Thanks for the compliments guys! Only plans right now are to lower it, get wheels, and basic power adders (probably headers and exhaust).

Yeah, apparently if you keep it in VTEC (i.e. on track) it gets AWFUL gas mileage, haha. But on the street, there's absolutely no need to even be in VTEC, I only do it occasionally on highway onramps or something if I want to :D

Oh and I'm sure this won't be anywhere near the amount of trouble the FD has been...haha...these are incredibly reliable.

It's really not that big of an issue. Just cover up or remove any license plates you have on the car and put an "In Transit" sign in your back window. Just be sure to have any paper work in order. Then drive to your nearest State Patrol station that does VIN verifications. I would call them first to ask about driving there with the "In Transit" but I'm pretty sure that's an accepted use, as long as you're driving straight there, and straight back home or to the DMV.

Armur

Postby Armur » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:14

Ranger wrote:Haha! I don't really have title issues with the FD, I just need to find a way to get a VIN verification done, because the title came from out of state. But I can't drive it, so I can't take it to get the inspection done. Sort of a catch 22 there. I'll have to tow it or something.

Just a heads up, if you know any officers, especially in the sherriffs department, they can Vin Verify for you at your place. Usually its like 10 bucks or something. Same with any dealer clerks. It just wouldnt be worth it tow it.

Just my $.02

iani1.1

Postby iani1.1 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:14

Armur wrote:Just a heads up, if you know any officers, especially in the sherriffs department, they can Vin Verify for you at your place. Usually its like 10 bucks or something. Same with any dealer clerks. It just wouldnt be worth it tow it.

Just my $.02

yes, you can get a vin verification at the highway partol office but you gotta setup an appointment or can get it done at the dealership. i remember going through the no title process with the silver fc i had and took about a month before i got it titled under my name.

Colombia28

Postby Colombia28 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:14

Douglas County Sheriffs did my VIN verification on my old Camry for free when i moved out here a few years ago. They came to my house and did it.
2008 Cosmic Blue Speed3 - NEW :D
2006 Copper Red Mica 3 hatch - SOLD :(
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ranger

Postby Ranger » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:14

Nice, I'll try Douglas county. I don't know if they will do that though, considering I live in Denver county. I already called their sheriffs department and they said they wouldn't come out to me. I think I'll try Jefferson county since I'm right by there anyway. I'll call and ask about the whole in transit thing too. Sadly I don't know any officers :( Thanks for the advice guys!

Return to “Lounge”