Anyone willing to help with mods? (Denver) NO BS PLZ

Off Topic Discussion. These posts do count towards overall post count. This is by far the best subforum on the site.
KILLER_VIZ

Postby KILLER_VIZ » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:14

I was talking to Eric form edge he said he is running it and havent had any issues. Im guessing as long as you get the model specific kit you shouldnt have those problems.
Check this thread out
http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f528/4-corners-2012-a-102070/

Mortose

Postby Mortose » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:14

kewl beans man.

I did see that thread, but i wasn't sure at the time, as i was just moving and getting settled here in the springs. I wouldn't totally be against it, once it gets a little closer I'll know more.

Oh, and what day were you wanting to do the install do you think? I could make my way up that direction if i have enough notice.

KILLER_VIZ

I will have a two month old then, but I will probably go down to meet all those speed freaks. I am waiting for Eric to give me a quote on all the parts then Ill have a idea. Eric told me that JP and him are going to have a shop in denver in a few months or so.

Mortose

oooooo, thats some good news!! I messaged JP about a TIP.

it really sucks, because i have a BUNCH of money from my PCS, but i'm dead set on re-financing the speed. ugh.

and I'm not totally sure about the 4 corners thing, as i'm not the biggest party animal in the world.

KILLER_VIZ

Bro talk to those guys and just drop a G on some parts Im sure they would get you a decent deal. Why dont you try getting some motor/ tranny mounts. I hear every one talking about how much of a difference they make.

D Walker

Postby D Walker » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:14

I only use and recommend the synapse BOV's now. I have sold a lot of Tial, GFB, HKS, Greedy, etc. valves in the past but the Synapse is literally the best solution I have used.
I used to carry them in stock, but now I just order in as needed.

Forge is OK, but honestly they are just a metal Bosch valve, and I dont like the Bosch valves at all.

We can do the assembly if you want and you are welcome to watch and learn, as long as you dont become a PITA, then you are welcome to take your parts elsewhere ;)

EDIT- also, I have access to a lot of parts as I still have all my wholesale accounts, and I dont mind helping people out here and there for parts when I can. Just need a list of parts and I will see what I can do. However realize that I have a lot going on and selling parts is a relatively low priority, so you have to let me know if your in a hurry.
1986 Turbo FC race car, S6 13b, GOOPY Apex seals etc, GT35R, AEM EMS, lots more good stuff

RX8 World Chalenge Touring Car #7
RX8 World Challenge Touring Car #8

KILLER_VIZ

PITA- pain in the butt lol. No I wont I am a easy guy to get along with and know how to take orders lol. (9yr Army Vet) I was on you sight last night and the RX's are insane and congrats on them. Im kinda jealous man.

I think I have the parts pretty much covered, but I will change the HKS to a synapse after I get some answers about it.

Quick question though. How is the fitting for the synapse BOV on a gen2? Why do you only use/recommend it?

Mortose

ugh, those always slip my mind. hahaha, once i refinance I'll have some more spending money to drop on the speed. lol. Ok, so i'm in the process of uploading some vids from the quick drive i took, though my wife isn't the best camera person in the world. lol.

I have heard about synapse valves, though, i hadn't when i got mine.

*edit* nevermind on the vid's. my wife REALLY isn't the best camera person. I'll go driving this weekend with my good camera.

D Walker

Postby D Walker » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:14

The synapse uses a piston and seal designa dn cant tear or have other issues like diaphram BOV's. also, they are really fast acting and have never had compression surge using one.
1986 Turbo FC race car, S6 13b, GOOPY Apex seals etc, GT35R, AEM EMS, lots more good stuff

RX8 World Chalenge Touring Car #7

RX8 World Challenge Touring Car #8

Mortose

the Cobb one is the same design. The stock one sucked, i kept loosing boost at 3/4 - WOT, so the car would shudder.

D, do you do alot of work on speed's. just wondering, because *crosses fingers* i'm hoping to do some more work on my car this summer.

KILLER_VIZ

D Walker wrote:The synapse uses a piston and seal designa dn cant tear or have other issues like diaphram BOV's. also, they are really fast acting and have never had compression surge using one.

SOLD!! I ll take any advice from a pro like yourself any day!!!! NO DUMMY HERE

Thanks for the INFO

Mortose

and now we wait. lol. let me know when you want to do the installs. I'll do my best to head up there to give you a hand. (if you don't have D hook ya up!)

KILLER_VIZ

D what is your price on that kit w/install. PM it to me when you get time.

coreyblee

Postby coreyblee » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:14

Hey if you need some help with your install I might be able to help. Depending on the day. I have done most of this on my 2010 MS3 including the internals. I have done all the installs on my car myself. I'm a pretty good wrencher. Let me know if you still need help and what day.

KILLER_VIZ

Ill let you know when I order everything.

Return to “Lounge”