This makes me sad :(

Off Topic Discussion. These posts do count towards overall post count. This is by far the best subforum on the site.
erod550

Postby erod550 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:14

I really don't like stretched tires in general. I think it looks dumb when the lip of the rim sticks out past the tire. And then when there's no tire even visible because the rim is basically touching the wheel well, to me that looks dumb too. It's like shoving 24s on an Impala, just doesn't look good. I know there's a scene for it and they think it's great and that's cool. It's just not a look I can appreciate.

And just cause someone puts a lot of work into a car doesn't automatically demand respect for that car. I mean this dude put a ton of work into his car and I'd still laugh my ### off if I saw it driving down the road. He talks about how it turns heads but dude, they're not all looking to say "wow nice car," they're looking to say "haha what a piece of shit."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsXDigddchw"]Camry Effect: Romeo Sandoval "Blew the Doors Off One" - YouTube[/ame]
2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way
1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:
2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0
2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT
2005 Flame Red SRT-4

I`m Batman

Postby I`m Batman » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:14

Maybe they're trying to go for this look. (see pic)
Here's a picture of my desk at work.
Image Image

I`m Batman

Postby I`m Batman » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:14

Here's the website if anyone interested in getting some of these cool piece of art.
http://www.speedfreaks-studio.com/
Image Image

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:14

I`m Batman wrote:Maybe they're trying to go for this look. (see pic)
Here's a picture of my desk at work.

That's what I think they are going for. What were they called? Phat cars? They made them as toys to iirc. The kids that bought those are probably old enough to drive now and are trying to replicate it. I like it on paper as concept art and that's where it should stay.

erod550 wrote:I really don't like stretched tires in general. I think it looks dumb when the lip of the rim sticks out past the tire. And then when there's no tire even visible because the rim is basically touching the wheel well, to me that looks dumb too. It's like shoving 24s on an Impala, just doesn't look good. I know there's a scene for it and they think it's great and that's cool. It's just not a look I can appreciate.

And just cause someone puts a lot of work into a car doesn't automatically demand respect for that car. I mean this dude put a ton of work into his car and I'd still laugh my ### off if I saw it driving down the road. He talks about how it turns heads but dude, they're not all looking to say "wow nice car," they're looking to say "haha what a piece of shit."

Camry Effect: Romeo Sandoval "Blew the Doors Off One" - YouTube

If he lowers it a bit it'll be donked, or whatever its called, and hellaflush. By not low enough.

ImageImage

_AlexTM

Postby _AlexTM » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:14

You guys are ridiculous.
SOLD 2004 Mazda3 hatch

2004 Java Black Pearl Forester XT :D

Learjet45

Postby Learjet45 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:14

If you haven't already figured it out, CMZC is a community of car enthusiasts that much prefer go to show. There's absolutely nothing wrong with modding for appearance purposes, but the picture Andrew posted and that you have shown your support for is at a point which a lot of people here would think too far.
[color="Blue"]2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i PZEV - Current Ride, 100% stock[/color]
[color="Gray"]2005 Mazda 6i Pebble Ash Metallic - Dead[/color]

iani1.1

Postby iani1.1 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:14

it's hellfrush bro. DEAL WITH IT! as they say

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:14

Uuuuuhhhhhh, HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

First, I thought it was funny the part of the Toyota disclaimer "these are non-factory parts and will void the warranty". WHAT WARRANTY? That's a 1992 Camry lol.

I will say this, that vehicle would make it in and out of my driveway easily lol.

I agree though, I seriously doubt too many people are looking at the car because they like it lol. It cracks me up when people think that just because their car is a head-turner that everyone likes it LOL. I've seen several people look at my car, but I don't assume they all like it, I'd say maybe not even 50% of people. You have to be truthful with yourself, it's not for everyone. But like he said, I don't care if people don't like it, because I love it, and I can give him credit for that. But I would say that car is riced beyond rice. How many TVs do you really need? And you need them in the leans of the rear seats? LOL

I thought the rear doors were kinda cool, but just because I haven't seen that on pretty much any other cars.

_AlexTM wrote:You guys are ridiculous.

Why, because we don't like what you like? By that logic that would make you ridiculous too.

_AlexTM

Postby _AlexTM » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:14

Im talking about the toy models that were posted haha, everyone cool your jets, damn.
SOLD 2004 Mazda3 hatch

2004 Java Black Pearl Forester XT :D

iani1.1

Postby iani1.1 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:14

_AlexTM wrote:Im talking about the toy models that were posted haha, everyone cool your jets, damn.

agreed. some people just cant handle criticism

erod550

Postby erod550 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:14

iani1.1 wrote:agreed. some people just cant handle criticism

That's funny, given the reaction to the creation of this thread.
2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way

1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:

2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0

2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT

2005 Flame Red SRT-4

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:14

^Exactly LOL.

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:14

I'm all for constructive criticism. Criticism in and if itself does no good though...but I'm just being picky.

Constructive criticism example...the wheels look good, but the center caps seem off a bit. You could try plasti dipping them.

Criticism example...yo homey your wheels are whack and I can't believe your stupid ### posted pictures of it...hahaha
ha.

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:14

Shadowden wrote:Criticism example...yo homey your wheels are whack and I can't believe your stupid ### posted pictures of it...hahaha
ha.

Who talks like that (looks for tut):lol:
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

VRx8

Postby VRx8 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:14

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgIrDyUEBjY&NR=1&feature=fvwp"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgIrDyUEBjY&NR=1&feature=fvwp[/ame]

Return to “Lounge”