This makes me sad :(

Off Topic Discussion. These posts do count towards overall post count. This is by far the best subforum on the site.
iani1.1

Postby iani1.1 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:14

i cant believe you just googled "hellaflush" LOL

personally i dig the "slammed" "hellaflush" whatever you wanna call it style but when excessive camber has to be done then that's where it draws the line to becoming stupid. there's no need to put anymore than 2 degrees of camber from factory specs. anything beyone 2 degrees totally messes up ride quality and gets pretty dangerous especially when wet. trust me, i know.

also for anyone that want performance over looks, sorry to say racecars are ugly. i know its for a reason but still you have to admit there's not a single good looking legit racecar lol

i love hearing about other peoples comments about other styles of cars but you gotta have respect for the work they put into it. not everybody races, not everybody's car looks good that's all understandable but you seriously gotta keep an open mind people.

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:14

coloskydiver wrote:I just think it looks cool.

Dang, that red miata better be riding on stiff suspension though. No way will those wide fenders survive very long with the tires that tight to them and there is no way they are going to slide into the wheel well.

Both solid looking examples of what I consider stanced v. "hellaflush"

I'm sure you guys have seen the animated hellaflush youtube?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-BGIcRBPHM"]Hellaflush cartoon - YouTube[/ame]

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:14

iani1.1 wrote:i cant believe you just googled "hellaflush" LOL

personally i dig the "slammed" "hellaflush" whatever you wanna call it style but when excessive camber has to be done then that's where it draws the line to becoming stupid. there's no need to put anymore than 2 degrees of camber from factory specs. anything beyone 2 degrees totally messes up ride quality and gets pretty dangerous especially when wet. trust me, i know.

also for anyone that want performance over looks, sorry to say racecars are ugly. i know its for a reason but still you have to admit there's not a single good looking legit racecar lol

i love hearing about other peoples comments about other styles of cars but you gotta have respect for the work they put into it. not everybody races, not everybody's car looks good that's all understandable but you seriously gotta keep an open mind people.

I sure did. There was some Hellaflush youtube video as well at some meet in Cali. The cars there looked normal. Nice "flush" fitment. Then they had some really "HELLAFLUSH" like that speed.

Perfect example of a good job the miatas. Taking it too far, the speed3 and the car next to it. Just look how far out the lip of the rim is. Those tires have negative sidewall.

ImageImage

iani1.1

yea the speed3 is too much

example

NO

YES

i would much rather have it tucked in than cambered. atleast then its driveable. also i wouldnt roll on coilovers which most do. bagged is the way to go. Low and slow

edit: the second is bagged and goes to stock height when on the road

chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:14

iani1.1 wrote:also for anyone that want performance over looks, sorry to say racecars are ugly. i know its for a reason but still you have to admit there's not a single good looking legit racecar lol

I disagree lol

:eek:

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:14

Mmmmmmm race goodness.

And airbags. Surprisingly not many people know about it. At least in the import scene.

ImageImage

iani1.1

rx7's are an exception LOL. they look good even stock but somehow people ruin them.

the r magic is alright, not diggin the panspeed too much. yes its blasphemy on my part but whatever lol

now this on the other hand

VRx8

Postby VRx8 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:14

HellaSUCK lol

Even like this 7's look good

iani1.1

it isnt low enough, i still see wheel gap LOL

Brigdh

Postby Brigdh » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:14

Because everyone in chiming in, I'm gonna too :)

I'm not a fan of the hella flush, or slammed, or whatever look. I think its stupid, but people say rotaries are stupid, so to each their own. What gets me infuriated is seeing it on a public road. You can have your flush show car (hell even call it art, I might agree), so long as you tow it to shows/events/etc.

Something like that purple car VRx8 posted is downright dangerous on public roads. I bet my two feet have a bigger combined contact patch with the ground than that thing does so, I draw the line at being an unreasonable danger to those around you.

_AlexTM

Postby _AlexTM » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:14

EVERYONE knows about bags. But bags are cheating. Its not static. Plus bags are for groceries. Like i said, 'hellaflush' 'slammed' 'excessive negatove camber' its all a way of life. You learn how to drive with it while avoiding breaking something and making it happen. To hate on it, yet be a car enthusiast is stupid.
SOLD 2004 Mazda3 hatch

2004 Java Black Pearl Forester XT :D

Learjet45

Postby Learjet45 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:14

_AlexTM wrote:EVERYONE knows about bags. But bags are cheating. Its not static. Plus bags are for groceries. Like i said, 'hellaflush' 'slammed' 'excessive negatove camber' its all a way of life. You learn how to drive with it while avoiding breaking something and making it happen. To hate on it, yet be a car enthusiast is stupid.

In the words of Louis Sullivan, form follows function. There's no possible gain in performance or "function" of the car from doing this. Only form, or appearance. Thus, it's stupid.
Calling bags "cheating" is stupid. Bags are more functional for continuing to use a vehicle for it's intended purpose than using coilovers to do this.
You'll find that, at least in my experience, a good 99% of the people on these car communities will find this kind of modification to be stupid. It's all show no go. Almost everyone I've come across on here, my Legacy forums, and 6crew all find this kind of modification to be dumb. I'd say either mod your car in an appropriate manner that doesn't ruin the functionality of the car, or don't mod it at all.
[color="Blue"]2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i PZEV - Current Ride, 100% stock[/color]
[color="Gray"]2005 Mazda 6i Pebble Ash Metallic - Dead[/color]

Learjet45

Postby Learjet45 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:14

You're ruining the driveability of the car while adding absolutely no benefits. It serves no purpose on a racetrack. It serves no purpose for everyday driving. The fact of the matter is that this is a dangerous thing to do as pointed out by multiple people already, and you're putting yourself and others at risk by doing so. Sure, to each their own, but not if it it's for selfish reasons that put others at risk.
[color="Blue"]2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i PZEV - Current Ride, 100% stock[/color]
[color="Gray"]2005 Mazda 6i Pebble Ash Metallic - Dead[/color]

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:14

It is possible to have a valid point and to get that point across without being inflammatory. Just a thought.

erod550

Postby erod550 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:14

_AlexTM wrote:To hate on it, yet be a car enthusiast is stupid.

That's just as closed minded, saying every car enthusiast has to like every possible style out there. Hell, we have a whole thread dedicated to ridiculous riced out cars. Why are you not over there defending all of those hoopties?

And I'm with Dave on race cars. They can absolutely look good.

2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way
1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:
2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0
2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT
2005 Flame Red SRT-4

Return to “Lounge”