Cruise to Cripple Creek...

Off Topic Discussion. These posts do count towards overall post count. This is by far the best subforum on the site.
speedjunkie

Cruise to Cripple Creek...

Postby speedjunkie » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:14

...and possibly other places.

I was thinking of getting together tomorrow, 1 Dec around 9am to cruise up to Cripple Creek, have lunch, and maybe check out the old jail that I've heard about. I'd also like to hit up some other roads, but I'm not sure where.

I remember when I first got on this forum back in early 2008, I saw a thread with pics from a drive to a castle somewhere. Where was that and is it doable tomorrow?

Anyone else interested?

BTW, my inbox is still full so don't try messaging me lol.

PXRdriFT

Postby PXRdriFT » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:14

Interested in going. I'll hit you up when I get free tomorrow to see where you guys are at that time.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:14

Well if no one else ends up going I can leave whenever you're available lol. I know Andy is down to go though, and Oscar said he'd go, but this was before I said anything about Cripple Creek lol.

I gotta stop coming up with these plans the day of or the night before. I know people need more notice but most of the time I just get a whim to do something lol.

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:14

The s2kca guys just did that cruise to the castle. I'll get you the info. I would love to do a drive with you, but my schedule has little flexibility in it so I need a couple days at least. I am contemplating a track day on the 9th at high plains though a no expense cruise in the mountains would be preferred.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:14

Well we didn't even get to cruise today because it ended up being just me and Andy and he had problems with his car every time we went to take off lol. So I'm thinking I might just go tomorrow, even if no one else is going. I'll do the castle and Cripple Creek probably, depending on where the castle is.

VRx8

Postby VRx8 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:14

Wish I was up there, I remember going up there with the rx8, pretty cool.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:14

Wow, OK, so it will be EITHER Cripple Creek OR the Castle lol. I didn't realize it was so far South. Well, I think I'll go to the Castle instead of Cripple Creek, or maybe go there if there is time. Maybe straight from the Castle. But I'd take a different route to the Castle, take 115 towards Canon City and go through Florence.

I'll probably get started before too long. Grab some lunch first. You wanna come down? Did I get your number? I'll shoot you a text.

Yeah I wish you were here too, Eduardo. It would be good to have you along.

chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:14

Damn I've always wanted to go to the Castle...I need more advanced notice Eric!!
:eek:

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:14

Hey it was a Sunday, should have been checking the forums every five minutes LOL. I'll post up pics and the story later.

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:14

every 5 minutes.. ha ha ha
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:14

I'll say that I didn't really look at the map...it was a bit more of a drive than I was expecting, but very fun.

For all the issues it seems like speedjunkie had with his build, the car seemed to run great and definately looks the part.

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:14

i love it when a plan comes together!
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:14

Alright here are some pics...

People can't empty their damn trash out of their truck beds.

The Challenger belongs to a guy that we met at Bishop Castle. Ryan and I came up over the hill and didn't realize the castle was right there, and this guy was standing on the side behind his car. He started talking to me about the car and we talked about his car, and he said he wanted to get a pic of them all together but his daughter had the camera, so I told him I'd take a pic and send it to him once I got service again. Then his daughter came down right after that...beautiful, personable...didn't get any contact info for them. ARGH!!!! She's working at the airport here in C Springs right now though, she's an architect I guess and they're doing some construction inside. I guess she's an architect, she went to architecture school at Texas A&M.

And here are some pics from up on top of the castle. And that sign isn't lying, the flooring part wasn't bolted or welded down so it just swayed with every move you made lol.

And this guy parked his Corolla in a hurry I think lol. THREE WHEEL MOTION SON!!!

That's all the pics I took, but I did take some videos. We found ice on the road in a couple places too, so I don't believe I'll be going back until summer haha. But it's an awesome route and I REALLY want to go back.

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:14

you should get a job with glamour shots! I'm killin' it.:lol:

It was a great drive. I have some photos loaded to my work computer. The castle was awesome in all of its sketchy majesty.

I wonder if english people would consider this castle "riced out"?

it is a hell of a lot of work to build something like that regardless!

Rolling I 25

Rolling I 25...Junkie in the side view (not nearly as cool as I was hoping it would be)

Right before junkie caught a pepsi can in his bumper (the truck played pitcher)Image

The S2k and the Castle (damn I suck at pictures)

Happy cars and the castle (notice how high my stock S2k looks compared to junkies fd :()

To spite him, I took yet another un centered photo

I'll post my phone pics tomorrow. Nothing earth shattering, but you can check out junkie in all his glamour!

Return to “Lounge”