What was your biggest ricer mod?

Off Topic Discussion. These posts do count towards overall post count. This is by far the best subforum on the site.
Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:14

Huzer wrote:This. It added nothing other than underhood bling.

I am in fact a ricer then. Shaved engine bays actually make it harder to work on the car and add no performance benefit, therefore, they are just underhood bling. On most NA cars, intakes do little to nothing, so same thing. In fact then, most show oriented cars would fall deep into the rice category even if done in a clean and simple way.

I saw a line that said RICE-Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement...so if you have a performance car, and do something to enhance it cosmetically with little to no fiunctional improvement, then you end up in a state of rice. Obviously I don't support this outlook as I like the idea of modifying cars to make it unique to me. (realizes the leather console piece and shifter boot I got last night has increased my state of rice).

VRx8

Postby VRx8 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:14

Rice will win car shows! In IFO here in San Antonio my car was in a car show and lost again another FD with bodykit and all that but his hood was down the whole time lol. My FD hood open but no body kit lol.

Also when I work on my car I install stuff with easy access in mind, For troubleshooting purposes. So a wire tuck is way at the bottom of my list. I have seen car in car shows with no engine harness at all!!!!!!! but car show is all about how it looks not how it performs.

SO therefore don't ever go to a car show against Eric hes got the best of both worlds. lol

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:14

VRx8 wrote:Rice will win car shows! In IFO here in San Antonio my car was in a car show and lost again another FD with bodykit and all that but his hood was down the whole time lol. My FD hood open but no body kit lol.

Also when I work on my car I install stuff with easy access in mind, For troubleshooting purposes. So a wire tuck is way at the bottom of my list. I have seen car in car shows with no engine harness at all!!!!!!! but car show is all about how it looks not how it performs.

SO therefore don't ever go to a car show against Eric hes got the best of both worlds. lol

I would like to have both. It is definately a compromise betwen the two, but I will not be competitively racing due to lack of skill. Along those lines, the "racing" I would do most isn't a horsepower game really. It is a driver and handling game, so working suspension and driver skill fit well with doing other things that are less performance oriented. And since it is a DD, I spend a lot of time on the inside looking out, so I like to start with my interior, which since i am not gutting, becomes a rice mod (performance detraction due to weight gain, but no ancillary performance advantage such as harneese or tighter fitting seats).

I read a lot of posts from DFW folks on the S2k forum. Seems like there must be a ton of them rolling around in that area. Not that the same rings true in San Antonio...

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:14

~Barn~ wrote:Does this part help keep the engine torque moist? :p

People were arguing about that on RX7club a few years back haha.

I disagree with it being pointless though. I put it on mine back when I still had old stock enging mounts and it made a noticeable difference, but I took it off because it rattled like crazy haha. And now I don't really need it because my mounts are fairly solid.

Return to “Lounge”