tail of the dragon

Off Topic Discussion. These posts do count towards overall post count. This is by far the best subforum on the site.
Shadowden

tail of the dragon

Postby Shadowden » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:14

with me planning my trip to import alliance at Kentucky Motor Speedway, and the relative nearness of tail of the dragon, I wanted to start a thread to document my itinerary, discuss logistics with those that have been there, and post photo/video.

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:14

Kentucky Motor Speedway is located in Sparta, Ky. I'm not sure what is there other than a huge speedway. However, with a couple thousand import enthusiasts around, I'm sure it will be an interesting place.

It is a 4 hour drive from Sparta, to Vonore, TN where the tail of the dragon starts. The dragon is only 11 miles, but boasts 318 turns. Towards the end of the dragon is a road known as Moonshiner 28. I am planning to drive these two roads at a minimum on my way to North Carolina. I am planning to pick up my wife at an airport convenient to a beach and spend a few days there. On my way home, my plan is to catch the cherohala highway and possibly diamondback.

Before leaving for this trip, I'd really like to do some more classic drives in Colorado. So, I'll probably be posting some invites for those as the weather and schedule permits. The million dollar highway would be a high priority for me.

Return to “Lounge”