Motorcycles

Off Topic Discussion. These posts do count towards overall post count. This is by far the best subforum on the site.
vierte

Postby vierte » Fri May 10, 2013 9:14

noway jose.. cafe racers are where its at!

Andyscums

Postby Andyscums » Fri May 10, 2013 9:14

vierte wrote:noway jose.. cafe racers are where its at!

Not when you're 6'4

mOOsE

Postby mOOsE » Fri May 10, 2013 9:14

I plan on a cruiser at some point. My back won't always be in agreement with a sport bike unfortunately. There's day's it's already pretty pissed at me after I get home from work... bike doesn't help. But that's when I tell my back that if it wants to pay for Evo gas then it needs to get it's own damn job and start helping out around the house.

Andyscums

That's the best thing I have ever read haha

AuroraAxela

Postby AuroraAxela » Fri May 10, 2013 9:14

I just got my motorcycle endorsement, and plan to buy a bike mid-July.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="Blue"][SIZE="3"]2009 Mazdaspeed 3 GT[/SIZE][/color]

[SIZE="1"][color="Blue"][color="Blue"]POWERTRAIN: GTX3067R . Cobb AP . Cobb 3-port . Autotech internals . HTP 3" intake . cp-e FMIC . Forge v1 BPV . TWM STS . CNT Turboback
NGK 1-step colder . Bosch 3-bar . cp-e xFlex™ RMM/TMM/PMM . CorkSport recirc tube . Kosmic EGR delete
SUSPENSION: K-Sport coilovers . Whiteline RSB . custom MS6 wheels
EXTERIOR: cp-e TowPlate . DDM Tuning 5000K HID low/fog
INTERIOR: Defi boost gauge/cp-e defroster mount . NRG shift knob . CorkSport LEDs[/color][/color][/SIZE]

Andyscums

AuroraAxela wrote:I just got my motorcycle endorsement, and plan to buy a bike mid-July.

I don't have my endorsement and I still ride haha whoops

AuroraAxela

Postby AuroraAxela » Sat May 11, 2013 9:14

Andyscums wrote:I don't have my endorsement and I still ride haha whoops

Yeah, but I prefer to not have the hassle :)
Besides, the course I took taught me a hell of a lot!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="1"][color="Blue"][color="Blue"]POWERTRAIN: GTX3067R . Cobb AP . Cobb 3-port . Autotech internals . HTP 3" intake . cp-e FMIC . Forge v1 BPV . TWM STS . CNT Turboback
NGK 1-step colder . Bosch 3-bar . cp-e xFlex™ RMM/TMM/PMM . CorkSport recirc tube . Kosmic EGR delete
INTERIOR: Defi boost gauge/cp-e defroster mount . NRG shift knob . CorkSport LEDs[/color][/color][/SIZE]

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Sat May 11, 2013 9:14

Classic bobber behavior;)

AuroraAxela wrote:I just got my motorcycle endorsement, and plan to buy a bike mid-July.

Good for you AA:D
What kinda bike/s you looking at?
one and one makes two, together we are free

mOOsE

Postby mOOsE » Sat May 11, 2013 9:14

Lol, way to support the stereotype.

In my msf course, there were several guys that had been riding for years. Couple rode more than 10 and never had endorsements. amusingly, nearly all sucked horribly at doing maneuvers in the class. Couple dropped their bikes, couple couldn't complete the figure eight portions without putting feet down. Most we're extremely bad at braking. But kudos for them wanting to get legal and learn. They all passed at least and probably learned some valuable skills. Oh, they were all Harley riders... My instructor laughed pretty hard and never let that go through the whole course. Was asking them if they brought their bandanas and Harley jackets daily lol.

AuroraAxela

Postby AuroraAxela » Sat May 11, 2013 9:14

kingtut wrote:Good for you AA:D
What kinda bike/s you looking at?

I pretty much have my eye set on a VFR800. I like the blue on some of the Ninjas, but not enough to buy one. I'll probably just get my bike painted to match my car :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I`m Batman

Postby I`m Batman » Sat May 11, 2013 9:14

When I took my motorcycle license test at the DMV back in the days, I had my test at the end of the day and the lady that tested me said that I was the only one that passed the test that day. That means that a lot of the guys on the road do not know how to ride.

And I did the test on a GSXR600 not a little bike. It would've been a lot easier on a smaller bike for sure.
Image Image

_AlexTM

Postby _AlexTM » Sat May 11, 2013 9:14

mOOsE wrote:I plan on a cruiser at some point. My back won't always be in agreement with a sport bike unfortunately. There's day's it's already pretty pissed at me after I get home from work... bike doesn't help. But that's when I tell my back that if it wants to pay for Evo gas then it needs to get it's own damn job and start helping out around the house.

:18756af5:
SOLD 2004 Mazda3 hatch

2004 Java Black Pearl Forester XT :D

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Sat May 11, 2013 9:14

AuroraAxela wrote:I pretty much have my eye set on a VFR800. I like the blue on some of the Ninjas, but not enough to buy one. I'll probably just get my bike painted to match my car :)

How silly of me, I forgot. Keep us posted!
one and one makes two, together we are free

Andyscums

Postby Andyscums » Sat May 11, 2013 9:14

It has nothing to do with knowing how to ride or not knowing how, I just never really cared enough to go get my endorsement. I don't ride like a fag all the time splitting lanes and mobbing 100 mph everywhere, I just enjoy riding and never really found time to get my endorsement. But all joking aside I probably will this year because my insurance finally caught on and threatened to cancel me in July haha

~Barn~

Postby ~Barn~ » Sun May 12, 2013 9:14

I would suggest that you just take the MSF course. You'll get a waiver for your DMV testing and I'm sure they have some very valuable content to teach. Your insurance may even offer a discount because of it. (?)
~Brandon~
Image 720.935.6438

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

This is Bunny. Bunny has the following mods: BNR Supercars GT28RS TC - Mazdaspeed CAI - ACT Streetlite CK - Vibrant TIP - Extreme Turbo Systems TMIC - SLS Performance TP - Magnaflow CBE - James Barone Racing SSP & HSK - Cobb AP - Xcarlink iPod integrator - VG Sharkfin - RX-8 Wheels - Fiber Images CF Hood w/BCM accents

Return to “Lounge”