Man of Steel

Off Topic Discussion. These posts do count towards overall post count. This is by far the best subforum on the site.
mOOsE

Man of Steel

Postby mOOsE » Wed May 22, 2013 9:14

So, I'm in literal agony waiting for this movie. I am a massive superman fan, so it's like being 8 years old waiting for Xmas for me. Especially after the Donner-fest that was Superman Returns.
After the Dark Knight Trilogy, I am extremely excited to see the Snider/Goyer/Nolan interpretation that treats the characters as though it was real situation on Earth. How would we humans react to such contact from an alien race, let alone the power that race could have? That's the question the new movie poses. AWESOME.

Avengers was fun, loved it, and love most other of the comic movies... BUT, I also love movies in general and the Dark Knight hyper-realistic world was an excellent feature of those stories. I think it takes a lot of creative effort to put a super hero into the "real" world, as apposed to creating a super hero movie and everyone accepts the powers, aliens, etc without question. "Oh, you're from Krypton...neato. So truth, justice, merica' way?". Or the "So you are Thor, from another planet... neato, can have your bro do some magic tricks since that's also real?". Fun movies, great movies... but the writing is also what makes a movie and the Dark Knight had a lot of work put in it.

Anyway... anyone else pitching a super-tent for Man of Steel? :D

Full Trailer 1
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVu3gS7iJu4"]Man of Steel - Official Trailer #2 [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

Full Trailer 2
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6DJcgm3wNY"]Man of Steel - Official Trailer 3 [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

Full Trailer 3 (latest)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlOF03DUoWc&feature=player_embedded"]Man of Steel - "Fate of Your Planet" Official Trailer [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

TV Spot 1
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMPlzxQMWb4"]Man of Steel - TV Spot #1 - YouTube[/ame]

TV Spot 2
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wnrse7H7kU"]Man of Steel - TV Spot 2 - YouTube[/ame]

TV Spot 3
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5zVB7TZs9I"]Man of Steel - TV Spot 3 - YouTube[/ame]

TV Spot 4
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoUVg_YAAd4"]Man of Steel - TV Spot 4 - YouTube[/ame]

TV Spot 5
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx3oq9C7akM"]Man of Steel - TV Spot 5 - YouTube[/ame]

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Wed May 22, 2013 9:14

'Super-tent', ha ha.

Honestly, I hadn't heard of it...heck, I haven't even seen Avengers yet. Any cool trailer-linkeys?
one and one makes two, together we are free

mOOsE

Full Trailer 1
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVu3gS7iJu4"]Man of Steel - Official Trailer #2 [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

Full Trailer 2
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6DJcgm3wNY"]Man of Steel - Official Trailer 3 [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

Full Trailer 3 (latest)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlOF03DUoWc&feature=player_embedded"]Man of Steel - "Fate of Your Planet" Official Trailer [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

mOOsE

kingtut wrote:'Super-tent', ha ha.

Honestly, I hadn't heard of it...heck, I haven't even seen Avengers yet. Any cool trailer-linkeys?

added links. ;)
BTW, how can you have not seen avengers? My grandparents have seen that lol.

I`m Batman

Postby I`m Batman » Wed May 22, 2013 9:14

I'd rather go to the Man Of Steel meet instead of FF6 meet. Actually, I wouldn't go to any meet that has anything to do with Fast & Furious. lol :lol:
Image Image

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Wed May 22, 2013 9:14

mOOsE wrote:added links. ;)
BTW, how can you have not seen avengers? My grandparents have seen that lol.

Thank you Sir. I shall review at my earliest convenience.

I know, its pathetic.
one and one makes two, together we are free

mOOsE

Postby mOOsE » Fri May 24, 2013 9:14

Epic Carl's Jr/Hardees commercial
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVCJIEjQd6g"]Potholes - Super Bacon Thickburger only at Hardee's - YouTube[/ame]

mOOsE

Postby mOOsE » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:14

Move was epic. Very good. Think Dark Knight realism, utilizing the character of superman. It is not your dads 1970's fumble and bumble campy Clark. This film is based around the theory of the question(s), if someone like this existed, what would the world think? What would his home planet actually have been like? How would this person feel with such knowledge and power? Definitely keep an open mind if your only context of the character is the Chris Reeves film. That was one interpretation, but this film is far closer to the comics of the last decade and carries the same quasi-realism of the dark knight trilogy.

Operator

Postby Operator » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:14

mOOsE wrote:Move was epic. Very good. Think Dark Knight realism, utilizing the character of superman. It is not your dads 1970's fumble and bumble campy Clark. This film is based around the theory of the question(s), if someone like this existed, what would the world think? What would his home planet actually have been like? How would this person feel with such knowledge and power? Definitely keep an open mind if your only context of the character is the Chris Reeves film. That was one interpretation, but this film is far closer to the comics of the last decade and carries the same quasi-realism of the dark knight trilogy.

For me, that'll be the issue. Reeve's is and has been Superman. So it'll take some effort to open up. Roth, did a nice job emulating Reeve's, but I understand this is a whole different feel.
[font="Century Gothic"]APR 4 Program Tune - AEM CAI - Vogtland Suspension
JVC KW-NX7000bt HU - eD 6500 Front Comps - cDT EF-61's Rear fill -IDMAX 10" sub-
JL 1000/1 - JL 450/4
[/font]

Past:

Current:

erod550

Postby erod550 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:14

Reeve.

Reeve.

Reeve.

No s.

And you call yourselves superman fans. :\
2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way
1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:
2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0
2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT
2005 Flame Red SRT-4

mOOsE

Operator wrote:For me, that'll be the issue. Reeve's is and has been Superman. So it'll take some effort to open up. Roth, did a nice job emulating Reeve's, but I understand this is a whole different feel.

Yeah, the only negative reviews from Critics have been based on that sentiment, that it is not a light-hearted movie like the first, or lacked comedy of the Avengers. It is not intended to be, so be warned lol. It is a good movie though, and good insight into the Superman character that Smallville built on, and that has been in comics and animated movies for awhile. I love the Chris Reeve's movie as much or more than most, but it was also not the best representation of what I was reading in all the other Superman stories. It was closer to what the early TV shows were, with a mild reduction in the amount of camp.

Operator

I still feel the 1st two (Richard Donner) movies weren't campy. Yeh, it had the bumbling Clark, but to be fair I'd say 75% of the representation of Clark has been that way (Comics, Adventure L&C, tv). Outside of that, they didn't get off track until after Donner left, kinda like batman once Burton was gone. I'm still stoked to see this one, but yeh, even the promo's have Superman looking angry and mad?!? To me, that's not Supes...... But I'm still going to see it...
JVC KW-NX7000bt HU - eD 6500 Front Comps - cDT EF-61's Rear fill -IDMAX 10" sub-
JL 1000/1 - JL 450/4
[/font]

Past:

Current:

mOOsE

Operator wrote:I still feel the 1st two (Richard Donner) movies weren't campy. Yeh, it had the bumbling Clark, but to be fair I'd say 75% of the representation of Clark has been that way (Comics, Adventure L&C, tv). Outside of that, they didn't get off track until after Donner left, kinda like batman once Burton was gone. I'm still stoked to see this one, but yeh, even the promo's have Superman looking angry and mad?!? To me, that's not Supes...... But I'm still going to see it...

Dunno... I've read a lot of the comics... he's never been the boyscout that Donner implied. He stands for what is right, but he's not the happy guy all the time. To be fair though, Superman has also been 3 people. Superman, Clark, then Fake Clark. Fake Clark was the focus in the Donner films. They never touched on Clark as the person who was essentially a regular guy that felt outcast or different, or restricted in his abilities. Smallville was better at that, and there were plenty of times that Clark was not the nicest guy. He was raised on Earth and is just as emotional, but has far more responsibility than any normal person. Lois and Clark actually covered this pretty well. Clark was never a "Costume" in the show, it was his normal every day person. They nail that concept in the film... and trust me, he's angry for a good reason :D

The new film definitely takes cues from Earth one, red son, and new 52 though. The concepts are more grounded, and represented with an updated vision of what it would be like to encounter such beings. If you encountered an being that told you they were from Krypton, you wouldn't first ask how to spell it and then have zero shock or surprise (donner film). Instead you'd have the military on edge and the human race a bit timid about what they are now understanding as an Alien in their presence (man of steel). I think it was the direction that needed to happen, and certainly pleases the super-nuts like me :)

Operator

To be fair, in the 2nd one He showed a different side of Clark, but you're right, for the most part he was a more chipper Clark. Just don't run your mouth in a diner, especially after he's been "working out".
JL 1000/1 - JL 450/4
[/font]

Past:

Current:

mOOsE

Operator wrote:To be fair, in the 2nd one He showed a different side of Clark, but you're right, for the most part he was a more chipper Clark. Just don't run your mouth in a diner, especially after he's been "working out".

Haha. Yup lol. There's a nice little homage to that in man Of steel.

Return to “Lounge”