1/4 mile track opening this Saturday

Meet and Event Information
zoomin MP3

Postby zoomin MP3 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:14

I know this is really last minute, but I just found out yesterday I can go for sure. This saturday, PMI in Pueblo is opeing for test and tune all day. I'll be heading down, as well as several people I work with. I figured I'd throw out an invite to anyone else. It's time to find out if the mods done over the winter made a difference, and how much. We'll be meeting at the South West corner of Drennan and Academy at 9am. There's a small stripmall kind of thing with ample parking for us to meet. If there's any interest, let's see it.
EVO CF hood and decklid, [color=#008000][color=blue]BC 2 sideskirts and rear bumper, DG front lip, [/color]iSport CF ADP, Daveb brushed rings, AWR front/rear mm, SLS pass mount, Medieval pullies, K&N CAI w/ ram air tube, TWM ss, mazda racing 4-2-1 header, Magnaflow custom exhaust, AXR "clunk fix", 6K HID, MP3 seatbelt pads, dual pod guage bezel, innovate WB guage, smoked fender lights, smoked/painted tails, drilled/slotted rotors, MSP interior[/color]

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:14

I want, Want.....Bandi doesn't open till April 30th. :61424796:

WAIT..... I can't though...baby's still sick. I only have Phase 2 of this 4 phase process complete. :30b82258:

ImageImage

arctic_blue83

Postby arctic_blue83 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:14

I've been to Bandi, but never to PMI, how much does it cost to run?

zoomin MP3

Postby zoomin MP3 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:14

It's $5 to get in the gate and for sat morning it looks like 30 to run. It's only junior dragsters and street tires. Friday night drags are only 10 to run. I think it's cheaper because it's only a few hours, and I'm pretty sure Sat is all day.
EVO CF hood and decklid, [color=#008000][color=blue]BC 2 sideskirts and rear bumper, DG front lip, [/color]iSport CF ADP, Daveb brushed rings, AWR front/rear mm, SLS pass mount, Medieval pullies, K&N CAI w/ ram air tube, TWM ss, mazda racing 4-2-1 header, Magnaflow custom exhaust, AXR "clunk fix", 6K HID, MP3 seatbelt pads, dual pod guage bezel, innovate WB guage, smoked fender lights, smoked/painted tails, drilled/slotted rotors, MSP interior[/color]

Brat

Postby Brat » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:14

30 to run, what about tech? bikes too?

zoomin MP3

Postby zoomin MP3 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:14

Do you mean will the Tech area be open? And yes, I'm pretty sure bikes are allowed, just not slicks.

And if anyone is gonna head down and it's your first time. You must wear pants, covered shoes (nothing open toed like sandals) and at least a T-shirt, no sleeveless or tank tops.

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mgs_freak @ Mar 28 2008, 02:30 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=36230]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Do you mean will the Tech area be open? And yes, I'm pretty sure bikes are allowed, just not slicks.

And if anyone is gonna head down and it's your first time. You must wear pants, covered shoes (nothing open toed like sandals) and at least a T-shirt, no sleeveless or tank tops.[/b]

So how much a difference will this sleeved t-shirt make when the car cashes fire VS. a sleevless one. I never really understood that. And the sandals to. The more you wear the more you'll burn don't ya think?

ImageImage

T-time

Postby T-time » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:14

so its 35 bucks? ive never been to a strip before but im thinking about it, id like to see a baseline with my intake at this altitude
[size=84]Reclaim the Republic. Restore the Constitution.[/SIZE]

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:14

hahaha pueblo is 3 horus away everyone have a fun trip... ouchy
Heavy duty adjustable dog leashes
http://www.TitanTuff.com

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:14

3 hours what are you smoking? more like 1.75-2.3.

ImageImage

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:14

Okay Pueblo is 2 hours 1 minute... Now if you can't cover the distance in from the springs to pueblo in under 30 minutes give me yer car.... cuz no cops sit there and you can speed like no other.
Heavy duty adjustable dog leashes

http://www.TitanTuff.com

zoomin MP3

Postby zoomin MP3 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cjtherriault @ Mar 29 2008, 12:42 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=36395]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
so its 35 bucks? ive never been to a strip before but im thinking about it, id like to see a baseline with my intake at this altitude[/b]

I just found out last night that it's 6 bucks to get in. So that'd be 36, and you most likely have to buy a membership card (I think every year) and that was 5 last year. So could be 41 for the very first day, but then it's less after that. Especially on the Friday night drags.

zoomin MP3

Postby zoomin MP3 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:14

Well, it turned out that it's 6 to get in if that's all you're gonna do is watch. If you're gonna run, it's 30, no card, no extra entrance fee.

I ended up getting sun burned horribly. My face and left arm are bright red but we all had a great time. I posted a new best of 17.56 ET at 78.11 mph. Last year my best was 17.98 at 74.4 mph. Since that time I added a ram air tube for my CAI, added a subwoofer, added a CF hood and trunk, light weight pullies, and practiced a lot of power shifting. I think it paid off quite well.

Return to “Colorado Automotive Enthusiasts Meets and Events”