Super Rupair AWD Dyno baseline

Meet and Event Information
Rich

Postby Rich » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:14

Anyone who wants to stop by, I'll be in Boulder tomorrow morning at 9:30 AM to do a baseline (3 pulls w/ AFR and boost) at Super Rupair. I'm just looking to see how I'm doing after having the EMS on for a while now and adding a race pipe and engine mount.

arctic_blue83

Postby arctic_blue83 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:14

If I wasn't working, I would be there... who's going to end up tuning your car?

Rich

Still looking at Servion for tuning. I won't be tuning until I have some more bolt-ons ready (turbo mani, ETS IC, maybe water/meth).

arctic_blue83

Wow... so you're going to be "the guy" lol, or at least "the Speed6 guy" :)

ETS TMIC eh? I don't know... but I was considering the same thing when I had my Speed6, but the more and more I thought about it, I decided if I was going to spend the cash to upgrade the IC, I would run a FMIC... especially since I could piece together my own FMIC for around the same money as the ETS.... but of course, the ETS would be easier to swap out. Either way, I'm very curious to see what a Speed6 can put down :)

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:14

I might be there..
Heavy duty adjustable dog leashes
http://www.TitanTuff.com

Rich

I won't do a FMIC until I'm ready to do a turbo rebuild or swap to a GT3071. And Eric just ordered his CP-E Standback, so I don't think I'll be "the guy" for much longer :D

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SpeedRacer @ Apr 9 2008, 01:37 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=39617]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
I might be there..[/b]

probably not tho... g/l with your pulls.
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

arctic_blue83

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rich @ Apr 9 2008, 01:38 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=39618]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
I won't do a FMIC until I'm ready to do a turbo rebuild or swap to a GT3071. And Eric just ordered his CP-E Standback, so I don't think I'll be "the guy" for much longer :D[/b]

Have faith my padawan, you are "the one" lol.

The mod bug has bit you, and you are afflicted with it's painful sting... the more you mod, the more you want to mod... you're already talking about a GT3071 lol, if this continues on, you'll have the most powerful Speed6 in the state in no time, well, technically, you probably already are. One thing that's great about the Speed 6, is it's sleeper factor... I don't suppose you've ran any other cars with your car yet? Curious to see what your car will do.... when is the downpipe coming?

Rich

I may be addicted, but I'm also practical :) No f'ing downpipe!! Fuel-cut would have my ass for sure! I won't be able to really start modding until around August. I'm also curious to see how much of a difference Eric will see with a tune on the Standback, as I'm sure he'll have to get it tuned immediately to get rid of fuel cut. I'm wondering though if a HPFP might just be a good answer to such a problem?

MS3_Mafia

Postby MS3_Mafia » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SpeedRacer @ Apr 9 2008, 01:37 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=39617]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
I might be there..[/b]

Not if there's lots of snow on the ground... :)

Awesome Rich, look forward to seeing what numbers you pull!
2007 Mazdaspeed3 Sport</span>
-Mazdaspeed Short Ram Intake
-HKS SSQV Bov
-Tein S-Tech Springs
-225/40/18 Nitto Neo Gen Tires on RX-8 Wheels

<span style="color:#FF0000">http://www.JTuned.com

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:14

haha very true if theres snow im stayin home!
Heavy duty adjustable dog leashes

http://www.TitanTuff.com

Rich

I hope there's no snow, but cold temps are welcome :)

arctic_blue83

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rich @ Apr 9 2008, 02:18 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=39634]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
I may be addicted, but I'm also practical :) No f'ing downpipe!! Fuel-cut would have my ass for sure! I won't be able to really start modding until around August. I'm also curious to see how much of a difference Eric will see with a tune on the Standback, as I'm sure he'll have to get it tuned immediately to get rid of fuel cut. I'm wondering though if a HPFP might just be a good answer to such a problem?[/b]

Maybe... I still contest that Josh's fuel cut was more related to running out of fuel pressure, not boost related, if you looked at his logs, you would understand why, as the RPMs & boost pressures he was seeing had nothing to do with when he was pushing peak boost, he was running out of fuel in the upper RPMs, not boost spiking at 3500rpm when these cars hit peak boost... If you add meth injection, I'm assuming you'll be turning up the boost right? If so, what's the big deal about getting a DP? People that were running into problems with FC with a DP was because they were overboosting due to the DP taking away restrictions (cats)... you do know what will happen when you turn up the boost with the factory cats in place right? If not, I suggest buying an EGT gauge, so you can watch your EG temperatures shoot up...

The DP is a PITA to install, but doing all those other mods and skipping the DP is a waste IMO.

Roadrnr06

Postby Roadrnr06 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:14

I would have come but I had to work. hope all went well. although I will say b careful with those mods. I had a turbo tC with nothing but probs when I got into the heavy mods.
[font=Arial Black][size=100]Roadrnr06 was my leased 2006 Speed 6 which was purchased on 06-06-06. I have many fond memories of that car, and will be keeping my original profile as a memory of the great car that I once had.

My new user name is Roadrnr09 and showcases my new 09 Subaru WRX which I am very happy to have purchased as a replacement vehicle : )

[/SIZE][/font]

Colombia28

Postby Colombia28 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:14

Wow i totally missed this :( awwwww its even more or less right down the street.
2008 Cosmic Blue Speed3 - NEW :D
2006 Copper Red Mica 3 hatch - SOLD :(
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Return to “Colorado Automotive Enthusiasts Meets and Events”