Fort Collins/Rist Canyon Cruise August 26th

Meet and Event Information
chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:14

Operator wrote:Good then you'll be up for a cruise with some Euro's at 2:30pm. Be at Ed Carroll Audi!!!! And the cruise is south, so it's not even a detour!!!

That sounds like it could be fun, where are you guys going?

speedjunkie wrote:Maybe I'll make that cruise as well lol. Where is Ed Carroll Audi?

it's in Fort Collins, not too far from where we're ending the cruise.
:eek:

chickenwafer

Big THANKS to the TWO other members who showed up...Eric all the way from CO Springs and A&PwitMS6 (sorry bud I already forgot your name..der) from Westminster. Yup, that was it...

Anywayssssss, despite the horrible turnout, the three of us (and A&PwitMS6's girlfriend) had a good time. Traffic was kind of bad though, we got stuck behind a Volvo station wagon (I'm looking at you, Huzer) in the canyon, and a Jetta out who wanted to slow down to 10mph and look at every single freaking burned tree...GRRRR!

I managed to snag about 45-50 minutes of GoPro HD action before my 4GB SD card filled up. I use the word "Action" loosely because it's mostly video of us stuck behind slower traffic doing the speed limit...I'm going to set about editing it tonight and tomorrow so I'll have a condensed version of the good stuff up soon, hopefully.

After the cruise, Eric and I had a good lunch at Lark Burger (recommended!) in FoCo, then hit up Ed Carrol for the car show. The show was pretty cool, lots of Porsche's, Audi's and Vdubs- two Ferrari's and Aston Martin as well. There was even an NSU there but no, it wasn't a Spyder so no rotary. Meet up with Dave (Operator) and Lyssa was there too stunting her Audi wagon.

So, not a bad way to spend the day, even if we didn't get to cruise at our "preferred" speed, the scenery was still quite beautiful and it was a fun drive. I just wish we could get some more turnout for these events...

jamiel

Postby jamiel » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:14

Sorry I couldn't make it, stuff came up..
IT-Works Computer Services 970-405-4399 http://www.i-t-w.com/
2003 Protege5
91 Protege LX (sold)
90 626 (sold)
90 Protege DX (sold)
81 VW Scirocco FSP autocross car.
SCCA RMSOLO COR region Chief of Safety- ask me about autocross

A&PwitMS6

Postby A&PwitMS6 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:14

chickenwafer wrote:Big THANKS to the TWO other members who showed up...Eric all the way from CO Springs and A&PwitMS6 (sorry bud I already forgot your name..der) from Westminster. Yup, that was it...

Its Joe by the way
~~~Think I can make it?~~~:eek:

chickenwafer

Joe, got it! Haha I'm terrible with names.

Got some quick parts of the video up, excuse the lack of/poor editing, it's my first time doing this stuff haha.

How the hell do you embed?

http://youtu.be/4tzCIlG0SQ8?hd=1

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:14

Me? I'd be leading the charge! Well, not really, but I wouldn't be holding anyone up. I'm glad you guys had a good time, even if it was a small turnout.
[color="RoyalBlue"]1992 Miata Project[/color]

Operator

Postby Operator » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:14

Yeh, same thing happened on the way to Estes. 1st is was a police cruiser, then it was a hay truck, then a mini van........... But on the way back, it was pretty much open, and awesome!!!!!
[font="Century Gothic"]APR 4 Program Tune - AEM CAI - Vogtland Suspension
JVC KW-NX7000bt HU - eD 6500 Front Comps - cDT EF-61's Rear fill -IDMAX 10" sub-
JL 1000/1 - JL 450/4
[/font]

Past:

Current:

Return to “Colorado Automotive Enthusiasts Meets and Events”