CUSCC Auto Show April 21st

Meet and Event Information
Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:14

REd88GTU wrote:laaaammee... i might be down for a photo op though. im pretty good with a camera. Got a canon EOS 550D.

Not getting people to meets is lame, but we can only control ourselves. Typically the same 3-5people would show up and none of us drove mazdas regularly.

Driving our cars is what it should be about anyway though.

Lets get together. My semester is ending weekend of may 18, but I have an olympic style weightlifting meet that saturday.

vierte

Postby vierte » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:14

Both my DD and my fast car are Mazdas and I'm always down for meets. I also know a few people who are down to meet up too, we usually organize at least one BBQ and cruise with Rx-7 fools in the summer time.

I didn't get to the show till late.. saw a few FD's as they were leaving the show. Rx-7's are my one true love but I have to say, the Volvo wagon slammed on the pavement was my favorite car at the show.. it was just to damn cool.

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:14

Shadowden wrote:Lets get together.

I drive a Mazda. I'd love to get together.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sWi4_0jycA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sWi4_0jycA[/ame]
one and one makes two, together we are free

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:14

kingtut wrote:I drive a Mazda. I'd love to get together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sWi4_0jycA

well, one of the 3-5 appears. Don't you usually appear in a 1500?

REd88GTU

Postby REd88GTU » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:14

kingtut wrote:I drive a Mazda. I'd love to get together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sWi4_0jycA

I just F*cking died. :lol:

anyway. it seems like quite a few people are interested. Assuming the weather holds up i think we might be able to get a good group together. maybe start with one and if everyone feels like meeting weekly or monthly or whatever we can go from there. The weekly ones in the springs were at a Sonic and that worked pretty good cuz there's plenty of parking and they bring you food at the press of a button...

Is there a particular day of the week that works good for everyone? Wednesdays maybe?

Shadowden, will you be free before the 18th or are you booked till then?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[color="Red"]88 Mazda Rx-7 GTU[/color] (SOLD)
94 Mazda Rx-7 Touring (Bolt-ons, catless turbo-back, PFC, Stance CO's, PF Supercars built and street ported,+99 Spec Twins)
[color="DarkRed"]94 Pontiac Firebird Formula[/color] (Bolt-ons, SOLD)

[color="DarkRed"]99 Nissan Pathfinder[/color] (VG33E, DD, in need of a supercharger)

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:14

vierte wrote:Both my DD and my fast car are Mazdas and I'm always down for meets. I also know a few people who are down to meet up too, we usually organize at least one BBQ and cruise with Rx-7 fools in the summer time.

I didn't get to the show till late.. saw a few FD's as they were leaving the show. Rx-7's are my one true love but I have to say, the Volvo wagon slammed on the pavement was my favorite car at the show.. it was just to damn cool.

Same here about the DD and fast car! Unless I'm rolling the Bronco. Anyone want to buy the Bronco?

ImageImage

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:14

Shadowden wrote:well, one of the 3-5 appears. Don't you usually appear in a 1500?

Well....depends. If said meets were to take place on a Saturday afternoon- that would be great, and as such, I would appear in the Mazda. I also have a radius... I like cars and socializing, but you won't catch me driving more than an acceptable distance to get there.

Let's get together!
one and one makes two, together we are free

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:14

I'm pretty much booked until the 18th due to the conculsion of the semester and being in the midst of cutting weight for my meet.

However, I'd encourage you to get things on a schedule that works for most people. I hold out hope that this Mazda site could be a great car club. it has all the pieces, just need to get people interacting in real life too.

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:14

Just like the good ol' days! We had weekly meets and cruises through the mountains. About a 6-15 person turnout each week.

ImageImage

REd88GTU

Postby REd88GTU » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:14

GR-8 wrote:Just like the good ol' days! We had weekly meets and cruises through the mountains. About a 6-15 person turnout each week.

That would be sick! when/where did it used to be?

and how much you selling the bronco for just out of curiosity? i need a daily
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

94 Mazda Rx-7 Touring (Bolt-ons, catless turbo-back, PFC, Stance CO's, PF Supercars built and street ported,+99 Spec Twins)

[color="DarkRed"]99 Nissan Pathfinder[/color] (VG33E, DD, in need of a supercharger)

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:14

REd88GTU wrote:That would be sick! when/where did it used to be?

and how much you selling the bronco for just out of curiosity? i need a daily

Used to be Sunday nights when everyone would meet at the hamburger stand off union and 6th. (Hamburger stand is no longer there). It then moved down the street to the sonic off union and Alameda. Was a nice location. We would meet in our own group and all the other case people would park wherever.

It was really close to the mountains so we would leave and go cruising through the hills. Everyone else there would cruise and end up at the 24 hr Starbucks but we CMZC people preferred the hills to coffee and burnouts.

As for the bronco. Not sure yet. Was thinking about $4500. I need to replace the heater core first and the small driver side window. It's a white 1996 5-speed manual. We call it OJ. Its lifted, I put nerf bars on it this past winter but stopped driving it a lot because its to tall still for my grandpa to get into. Not sure how good its be for a daily but my uncle used to take it camping and would hit the trails with it. Gas mileage is not amazing but it is fun to drive. PM me if you're interested still. Got new All-Terrains on this winter. Cost me about $800.

ImageImage

REd88GTU

Postby REd88GTU » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:14

ha yea i dont really need another toy. would be nice but the FD is enough of a money pit as it is.

that would be awesome. i don't get off till 5 on Sundays but after that I'm game.

i think its time this conversation had its own thread. lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Colorado Automotive Enthusiasts Meets and Events”