Build thread

Talk about your Rotaries!
speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:14

No I put a 20a back in. I pulled the old wire out completely and ran a new wire. Back when I originally did the fuel pump relay, I had the battery in the hatch, and this summer when I relocated the battery to the rear bin I used the same wire because it reached. I suspected that maybe the wire was pinched when I put the bins back in and maybe rubbed into the chassis and grounded out, but when I pulled the old wire out I forgot to look at it to see lol. So I still need to do that.

I started the car yesterday morning with the intent to drive it to work if everything worked OK. It didn't take quite as long to start as before, but it was still tough to start. It did eventually start so I think that bodes well for the engine not being blown, but it did die sitting in front of the house, basically if I didn't keep my foot on the gas. It did this before too though, if the car wasn't warmed up yet I had to keep my foot on the gas, so I'm not sure if that's an indicator of a bad engine or another problem that persists. I guess I could put the Adaptronic back in and test it. But I still plan on doing AEM coils and upgrading my fuel system again while I'm at it. After that I should be good to go for a while, as long as I can get it tuned and everything works right. And I still need to figure out the issues I was having with the PLX/ECU setup. I just don't have much motivation these days to work on it lol.

lOOkatme

Postby lOOkatme » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:14

I am still a believer that your large primary injectors and the powerFC isn't working right. you can try to put large negative injector lag but would need to retune the whole map. Try to get the new ECU up and running and tune the beast. I put my money on the tune.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:14

But my problem is starting, not so much running. Once it warms up it's usually fine. And I haven't always had this starting problem, it started while I was back home in April, and I think it actually started when I was in NC at Deal's Gap. What is odd is that the car started fine when I first put the Adaptronic in and had it reading the internal MAP sensor while having the GM 3 bar hooked up, and also started fine when I had no MAP sensor hooked up or reading. Weird.

lOOkatme

Postby lOOkatme » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:14

The tune in certain fields directly effects the cold start up. your idle is already rich, when the water temps are low the tune dumps even more fuel in the car. I am betting you deleted your idle IG control, so you have not much air coming into the car, so you need to pedal the accelerator to get air into the engine and start it. especially with a really rich AFR. now that it is colder out the tune is dumping even more fuel in when cold.

If you can control the Ms on-time lower with the new ecu it should fix your problem.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:14

Oh that's true, I hadn't thought of that. Maybe you can take a look at it for me haha. I did disconnect the ISC, but I reconnect it with the Adaptronic.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:14

I haven't worked on the car for a while, other than fixing the issue that killed it on the side of I70. I was looking up something on the Power FC commander the other day and I smelled fuel when I turned the key forward, and I smelled it last time I ran the car, but I didn't think much of it because, hey, it's an RX-7 lol. I decided to look under the car and found a huge fuel puddle. I discovered the braided fuel feed line from the stock hard lines (just inside the engine bay, coming from the fuel tank) that goes to the rear of the secondary fuel rail has a pinhole in it and it squirts out of there under pressure. I just paid to have them ship me a new line. Not sure how it happened but I don't want that kind of problem lol.

BRC

Postby BRC » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:14

just keep a quart of apple juice with ya just in case of fire and no worries!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

winners compare their achievements with their goals,
while losers compare their achievements with those of other people.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:14

^True story lol.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:14

I SPIT HOT FYA!!!

Sorry. I checked USPS and my replacement fuel line is at the post office in town. We'll see how long it takes me to get around to putting it on lol.

I had a spam email in my work email today. It was from Monster energy drinks and it said they were looking for people's cars to use as advertisement. They'd put vinyl on your car for a minimum of three months and pay $300 per week. I'm thinking about checking into that actually. I could put that money to good use. Now if I just had time, I could REALLY knock some stuff out lol.

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:14

speedjunkie wrote:I SPIT HOT FYA!!!

Sorry. I checked USPS and my replacement fuel line is at the post office in town. We'll see how long it takes me to get around to putting it on lol.

I had a spam email in my work email today. It was from Monster energy drinks and it said they were looking for people's cars to use as advertisement. They'd put vinyl on your car for a minimum of three months and pay $300 per week. I'm thinking about checking into that actually. I could put that money to good use. Now if I just had time, I could REALLY knock some stuff out lol.

They would probably require you to drive your car more often than you do though. You donm't use yours as a DD, so they may have a minimum mileage per month which may exceed the value of money they pay you. Know what I mean? Definately worth checking into as your car would be a great candidate.

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:14

100% scam. The wrap for cash has many BBB warnings out there for it. Another one of the "we'll send you a check for too much money, please cash and send X amount back to us and keep x amount for your troubles" type thing. Bogus checks.
[color="RoyalBlue"]1992 Miata Project[/color]

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:14

Shadowden wrote:They would probably require you to drive your car more often than you do though. You donm't use yours as a DD, so they may have a minimum mileage per month which may exceed the value of money they pay you. Know what I mean? Definately worth checking into as your car would be a great candidate.

HAHA, there is NO WAY I'd let them wrap the 7. I was talking about the Pathfinder.

Huzer wrote:100% scam. The wrap for cash has many BBB warnings out there for it. Another one of the "we'll send you a check for too much money, please cash and send X amount back to us and keep x amount for your troubles" type thing. Bogus checks.

Yeah I kinda figured it might be, because my work email has gotten spam before (although I'm still not sure how), and not once have I ever talked to Monster or given them an email address. I have seen people's cars wrapped, but I don't know what kind of deal they worked out and I figured this email was a scam, but maybe the company does do that. So if I did look into it, I'd avoid the email and contact the company directly. Although I don't drink Monster or any other energy drink, so it would be kinda hypocritical lol.

Oh yeah, and the fuel line I ordered is the wrong one, so I'm just going to take the old one off, take it to Whisler Bearing and see if they can use the same fitting on a different line and just swap it over. I'd kinda like to switch to hard lines at some point though, for fuel, turbo coolant and maybe turbo oil too. Maybe I could even do it for the oil coolers lol. And if/when I ever run water to the wastegates I can use hardlines for those too.

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:14

spam on your AF email? They have some tight blocking system. We sometimes have trouble getting through if there is any attachments.
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:14

speedjunkie wrote:HAHA, there is NO WAY I'd let them wrap the 7. I was talking about the Pathfinder.

Yeah I kinda figured it might be, because my work email has gotten spam before (although I'm still not sure how), and not once have I ever talked to Monster or given them an email address. I have seen people's cars wrapped, but I don't know what kind of deal they worked out and I figured this email was a scam, but maybe the company does do that. So if I did look into it, I'd avoid the email and contact the company directly. Although I don't drink Monster or any other energy drink, so it would be kinda hypocritical lol.

Oh yeah, and the fuel line I ordered is the wrong one, so I'm just going to take the old one off, take it to Whisler Bearing and see if they can use the same fitting on a different line and just swap it over. I'd kinda like to switch to hard lines at some point though, for fuel, turbo coolant and maybe turbo oil too. Maybe I could even do it for the oil coolers lol. And if/when I ever run water to the wastegates I can use hardlines for those too.

I don't think the pathfinder will make the cut.:huh:

:lol:

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:14

RX-7 Chris wrote:spam on your AF email? They have some tight blocking system. We sometimes have trouble getting through if there is any attachments.

Yeah that's why I'm so confused. I've never posted my work email on any website and never used it to buy anything, but I have registered it with Oakley and things like that for military discounts.

Shadowden wrote:I don't think the pathfinder will make the cut.:huh:

:lol:

I don't think they discriminate lol.

I'm getting kinda antsy about working on the car again. I'd really like to buy the new fuel pump, etc, and the coils and all that, and I'm also looking at doing hard lines for the fuel rails, turbo coolant and possibly turbo oil. I even thought of doing them for the oil coolers.

Return to “Rotary Vehicle”