Sweet ride.
one and one makes two, together we are free

*DarthRX8*

Postby *DarthRX8* » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:14

Eric, your 7 looks amazing. Enjoy it!

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:14

Thanks guys!

Sterling, I'll drive it for a couple days and then put it down for something else. That's usually how it works haha. As soon as I get it tuned I'll be enjoying it a whole lot more HAHA.

iani1.1

Postby iani1.1 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:14

niice. hows that odessey battery? i ordered one cause i dont have much room in the engine bay for a normal battery.

tbot

Postby tbot » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:14

Nice!!! That looks amazing in the photos, i hope in person its just as awe striking!

chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:14

Sick ass FD man! I LOVE those RPF1's!

Do you have AN lines and fittings on your fuel system? I redoing my fuel system shortly, going return style and full AN hose and Fittings, I hate doing them! LOL
:eek:

stinger33

Postby stinger33 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:14

new to this site but looking for some peeps that can help out with some knowledge and good places to get work done on my 1st Gen RX-7 GSL-SE

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:14

iani1.1 wrote:niice. hows that odessey battery? i ordered one cause i dont have much room in the engine bay for a normal battery.

It's not bad. It packs quite a punch for as small as it is. Every now and then I've had problems with it not starting but those times were mainly when I was doing work on it or some other reason. 98% of the time it's been good to me, starts right up. Yesterday I discovered that something has been drawing power from it though, and today I discovered it's my automatic door locks and aftermarket gauges. I gotta figure out what the problem is.

tbot wrote:Nice!!! That looks amazing in the photos, i hope in person its just as awe striking!

Well you'll see it soon enough!

chickenwafer wrote:Sick ass FD man! I LOVE those RPF1's!

Do you have AN lines and fittings on your fuel system? I redoing my fuel system shortly, going return style and full AN hose and Fittings, I hate doing them! LOL

Thanks man! Yep, AN lines and fittings. My rails are hitting each other though so I'm looking for an elbow fitting to replace the one hitting. I bought those lines with the fuel kit so they were already made. But we made my fuel lines for the last rails, and I hated it too haha.

stinger33 wrote:new to this site but looking for some peeps that can help out with some knowledge and good places to get work done on my 1st Gen RX-7 GSL-SE

Well, I'd suggest avoiding stealerships and pretty much any shops too. RX-7s are cars that are better left to the enthusiasts. I don't know as much about 1st gens yet, but for right now I'd suggest talking to RX-7 Chris and goldrocket on these forums, they should be able to help you with most of your issues.

chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:14

speedjunkie wrote:It's not bad. It packs quite a punch for as small as it is. Every now and then I've had problems with it not starting but those times were mainly when I was doing work on it or some other reason. 98% of the time it's been good to me, starts right up. Yesterday I discovered that something has been drawing power from it though, and today I discovered it's my automatic door locks and aftermarket gauges. I gotta figure out what the problem is.

I have that same issue with my car...if I leave the battery connected and the car sits for more than 3 days or so (it's not my DD, so it happens a lot) the battery will be at around 4v or so when I goto start it.

I think the aftermarket gauges are killing it...but I can't stop the drain. We should put our heads together and solve our problem, haha

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:14

^That's a great idea, I'm just not sure how to go about it haha. I looked over the wiring last night and I can't see any issues with it at first glance. I mean, nothing looks to be grounding out or anything. What kind of guages do you have, Defi right? I have 5 STRI gauges daisy chained together, and after looking over the wiring, everything is right. I'm going to ask on RCC and RX7club and see if anyone else is having the same issues.

It's actually not being drained a lot unless it sits for days, but the fact that it's draining at all doesn't make me happy. I can't even think of a reason it SHOULD be draining.

I think I'm going to install a battery cutoff switch.

EDIT: Come to think of it, my gauges have never lit up. They did at first, then stopped. I have my 'light' wire hooked up to my dimmer switch, I just figured the switch was bad or something. Where do you have yours hooked up? I assume your gauges have always worked properly.

Oh, when I found the problem last night, all I did was unhook the gauges themselves, not all the wiring, and the problem went away. Shouldn't I have had to unhook all the wires too?

chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:14

Odd. I don't have DEFI, two Prosport gauges, two AEM gauges, and a GReddy E-01 EBC.

The lights are hooked up to the ashtray light (the light that comes on when the headlights do). The Prosports change color from white when the lights are off to red when the lights are on. Sometimes they don't change color when I turn on my headlights.

I will try unplugging just the gauges (not the wiring) and see if it kills the drain. Do your gauges have any kind of peak recall or warning systems? Mine do and I think that might take too much power away...I just can't believe it does it that fast haha

stinger33

Postby stinger33 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:14

Thanks Speedjunkie I will try to see if those guys can help me out with my first Gen because I'm getting ready to get some work done because it is pretty bone stock.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:14

chickenwafer wrote:Odd. I don't have DEFI, two Prosport gauges, two AEM gauges, and a GReddy E-01 EBC.

The lights are hooked up to the ashtray light (the light that comes on when the headlights do). The Prosports change color from white when the lights are off to red when the lights are on. Sometimes they don't change color when I turn on my headlights.

I will try unplugging just the gauges (not the wiring) and see if it kills the drain. Do your gauges have any kind of peak recall or warning systems? Mine do and I think that might take too much power away...I just can't believe it does it that fast haha

Oh alright, I thought you had DEFI. Well it doesn't really matter either way, it's draining your battery regardless. Yeah I have peak recall and warnings too. I guess that would drain the battery huh? I never really thought about it. Maybe that's what it is.

I've been messing around with mine tonight. When I hooked up the test light tonight, and then I hooked the gauges back up, the test light got really bright when I first hooked them up because they would go through their start up sequence and need more juice for that. But after that it would dim so much it was barely visible. I've been trickle charging the shit outta my battery though too, so maybe that's affecting it. I have no clue, I'm not good at wiring problems.

I changed the wiring for my gauge lights to come on to a different wire on the dimmer switch, I'll see if that does anything. I also did a continuity check on my dimmer switch connector (chassis side) to ground, and every single one of them were grounded. I don't think it's supposed to be like that haha. The switch still dims my lights when I use it though, so I don't know. Do you have a test light to use?

stinger33 wrote:Thanks Speedjunkie I will try to see if those guys can help me out with my first Gen because I'm getting ready to get some work done because it is pretty bone stock.

Oh you just want some aftermarket parts installed or something? They won't do it for you but they might help you. They're both down here in C Springs though. I'd help too, I just don't know as much about SA/FBs.

iani1.1

Postby iani1.1 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:14

i just got my odessey today. whered you get the terminals for it? i dont feel like cutting and getting the gm type terminals.

Return to “Rotary Vehicle”