Build thread

Talk about your Rotaries!
stinger33

Postby stinger33 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:14

I'm just looking at getting parts and getting new suspension because it is all still from 1985. I also think that my car is running way to rich right now and am trying to find a shop that can get that fixed. I'm going to take it to a dealership and let them give me a list of what all needs to be repaired.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:14

iani1.1 wrote:i just got my odessey today. whered you get the terminals for it? i dont feel like cutting and getting the gm type terminals.

I already told you last night, but for records sake haha, I got them with the battery. You can probably get them at just about any online store that sells those batteries.

stinger33 wrote:I'm just looking at getting parts and getting new suspension because it is all still from 1985. I also think that my car is running way to rich right now and am trying to find a shop that can get that fixed. I'm going to take it to a dealership and let them give me a list of what all needs to be repaired.

Whoa man, that's a HORRIBLE idea hahahaha. I wouldn't ask a dealership ANYTHING about my car. I might go there to get parts, but that's only when I can't get ahold of Ray Crowe and I need it right away. And when I go in there I already know the name of what I need, what it looks like, where it's located, etc. I don't give those morons a chance to mess ANYTHING up.

Actually here's a good story...
My roommate Zico, who is carbonzeven on this forum, when he got back from Iraq a few years ago he went to the Mazda dealership to see if they just happened to have any RX-7s on the lot. The salesman didn't even know what an RX-7 was, he was trying to tell Zico that the RX-8 is the only rotary they ever made HAHAHA. I think that's enough said haha.

We HAD a tuner here that could have tuned that for you, but he just moved to Illinois :(

iani1.1

Postby iani1.1 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:14

speedjunkie wrote:I already told you last night, but for records sake haha, I got them with the battery. You can probably get them at just about any online store that sells those batteries.

i installed the battery yesterday after work. i used the side terminals from a GM cause i didnt wanna have to wait for shipping lol. but it work just fine. i just need something to hold it down.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:14

Yeah it looks good man, looks like it's working just fine. The battery is pretty versatile as far as attaching the cables. Did you get the PC680?

iani1.1

Postby iani1.1 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:14

yea its a pc680

stinger33

Postby stinger33 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14

Did a quick drive around at the meet and greet and it was packed but there was a couple of 3rd gens there. I would have parked but it was full. Next week I will get there ealier and if any of those cars were yours I would love to check it out.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:14

I haven't been to the meet in about 2 or 3 weeks now. I won't be there this week either, since Kellen and I are going to see Seinfeld Friday night WOOHOO!!!!

And on the battery thing, my battery and brand new alternator were toast, so I got a new alternator (sent my brand new upgraded alt back to the guy I got it from) and an Optima Yellow Top, which I mounted in the hatch. I also installed the water injection and Kenne Bell BAP. So now the front bumper just needs to be finished (and hood installed but that's not imperative) and I'll be ready to take it to TX for a tune!

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:14

Looser!!! not coming to meets.

You need to get that car fixed and running for more than a week already.
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:14

You're telling me, HAHA. Well, now I'm just waiting for Zico to finish the front bumper. I have everything else installed (except the hood, I don't feel like doing that either haha). I'm trying to figure out if I can run the water injection just to make sure it works, then dump the water til I get it tuned. But who knows how long it'll be before I make it to the meets though...I think we all know Zico hasn't put his windows in yet, and that's HIS car haha, who knows how long it'll take for my bumper. LOL

Actually he's been working on it recently. He did some fiberglassing last night.

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:14

lol. Will he ever get his windows in?
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

BRC

Postby BRC » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:14

lol! i thought he just always had them rolled down
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

winners compare their achievements with their goals,
while losers compare their achievements with those of other people.

iani1.1

Postby iani1.1 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:14

BRC wrote:lol! i thought he just always had them rolled down

haha i know right

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:14

RX-7 Chris wrote:lol. Will he ever get his windows in?

Survey says.....NO! LOL
I give him shit about it all the time though, hoping he'll cave and put them in haha.

BRC wrote:lol! i thought he just always had them rolled down

iani1.1 wrote:haha i know right

Nope. Ever since he swapped to CF doors...he has the window in the passenger side, but not the controls (has to jump the motor with a battery), and doesn't even have the window in on the driver's side. I understand though, I didn't want to install my water injection either, but I did it! LOL

iani1.1

Postby iani1.1 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:14

haha jump it with a battery thats just funny. better than homedepot plexiglass.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:14

^That's debateable lol.

Return to “Rotary Vehicle”