The young FD dude

Talk about your Rotaries!
speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:14

Get any fender rolling done today? LOL I was so disappointed to wake up to snow this morning.

Rx7boy719

Postby Rx7boy719 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:14

I am pretty pissed about the weather today -__-. We was suppose to roll it today till this snow came and ruined the fun. I'm hearing now it gonna snow again! What a great way to start break lol. Hopefully Wednesday is pretty warm that's it's around the 50s-60s. I have the roller in place, tighten the nuts on it but its just sitting there ready to go.
[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][color="Red"]My reaction when I got my first FD[/color][/SIZE][/font]:lol: Image

Rx7boy719

Postby Rx7boy719 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:14

Today we were working on my brother's suspension he wanted to drop a little bit and it actually came out good, but looks like he needs to roll his fenders lol. since he dropped his I kinda got the fever of getting coilovers now lol. So now im saving for coilovers so does anyone recommend me some good coilovers. Im on a budget just to keep in mind lol.
[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][color="Red"]My reaction when I got my first FD[/color][/SIZE][/font]:lol: Image

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:14

I think Megan Racing coilovers are fairly inexpensive and decent quality. But you could also look on the forums to see if you can find some good used ones with as few miles as possible.

Rx7boy719

Postby Rx7boy719 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:14

speedjunkie wrote:I think Megan Racing coilovers are fairly inexpensive and decent quality. But you could also look on the forums to see if you can find some good used ones with as few miles as possible.

Yup im probably going for those once the car has its touch up with this paint.

This is late update lol, got my rims powdercoated to a flat black color came out nice.
heres a pic mounted on the car:

Rx7boy719

Postby Rx7boy719 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:14

This morning when I turned my car on I left the heat/AC switch off so I can warm up, as soon as the degrees went up I turned them on but my radiator fans weren't working. I had this problem a couple days ago and all I did was switch the fuses then boom fans on. I did that again and now it's not working, so now I'm frustrated lol. Looked up the forums and it said to check relays? Which relays do I need to check does anyone know? If this doesn't work then, I want to hook up the fans somewhere else instead the AC pluggin.

VRx8

Postby VRx8 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:14

Those 4 things are the fan relays. If you disconnect the ECU and put the ign switch in the ON position the Fans should kick on. But sense your car is rigged lol It may not work.

Its hard to help you troubleshoot sense your car is rigged like I said. If everything was were it need to be then would've been a lot easier to find the problem.

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:14

How close is the car to being on the road?

I figured you would beat me but now I'm not sure, lol.
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

Rx7boy719

Postby Rx7boy719 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:14

Long time I haven't post on here lol. Chris yes it's about done but its running around the street now lol.

I've got a major vaccum leak rpms were at 2k but now idles/bounces at 2.5k, so ain't gonna be driving the car until I fix my idle till it gets around 1k where it suppose to be. I'm also having heating problems due to the hot heat, I have no air flow going to radiator since I have a front mount intercooler blocking the air flow. I might be selling this front mount, save up for a v mount and maybe a koyo radiator so I can safe. We won't be working on the car because we are remodeling our basement and dad wants it done before my sister gets here so it's gonna take awhile so now we have 2 rx7s down out of the Morris family lol. Oh yeah Cory (brother) plasti-dipped his whole car Lol.

Does anybody meet anymore lol?!

Rx7boy719

Postby Rx7boy719 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:14

Alright it's time for V-mount setup, I can not drive my car during the day, it is way too hot and the fires that we are having is just increases the temp. So I was talking to one of the FD guy in Denver he said Mofab charged about 2 Gs for the whole setup. I might be going for this setup here soon maybe around end of July or August.

Rx7boy719

Postby Rx7boy719 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:14

So my brother, mike (another FD), & myself went down to EAS/Revvolution Lifestyle event and boy let's just say we will be not attending to that event again. Went down there, awfully horrible way to set up the event, told us to park anywhere even if you wanna be in the car show so you had spectator's cars and car show put together. Cars were just everywhere, next thing you know it rains about 4 times, and how they have out trophies to people who entered the show was totally rigged. But overall I guess you can say we were ok and we're trying to enjoy the day.

lOOkatme

Postby lOOkatme » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:14

My suggestion is this if you haven't already done so. Make sure you have a good radiator cap on the car. if it leaks, your cooling system won't be as effective. Make sure your thermostat is operating properly and that it is 180F degree one (82C). Make some ducting so all air going through the front of the car gets forced through the radiator and lastly, make sure the belt on your water pump is not slipping on your pulley for it.

I am running a front mount and my temps aren't bad. mostly between 82-90C

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:14

If you do decide to go with a vmic, piece it together yourself. I can show you everything you need and we can get it done cheaper.

Rx7boy719

Postby Rx7boy719 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:14

Well I'm already in the process of doing it I have my radiator,intercooler and front bumper out. If you can help me with this that'll be awesome!

It's gonna be rotary work now, we are doing the count set up and we also pulled my dads car up to the tent and we are gonna pull the engine out. His plans with his cars are removing the rats nest, and going single turbo, I'm not sure about porting wise the housings are layed out in his room cleaned & ready.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:14

Well I'm supposed to be deploying next week, but if I have some time this week I'll stop by. I can't promise a whole lot of time though. I'm still trying to finish Mike's car lol.

Return to “Rotary Vehicle”