The young FD dude

Talk about your Rotaries!
Rx7boy719

Postby Rx7boy719 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:14

VRx8 wrote:Looks really nice, looks like some paint got the the I/C.

Yea I know, over spray on both headlights, oil cooler, and windows. Gonna clean it with paint thinner (the stuff that takes out paint) but the oil cooler got a beating though urghhhh!! Need some more paint due to my side mirrors and the two pieces that goes on the side skirts/facing the front fenders need to get painted. Also need to get my holes sealed with bondo from the rear hatch, since the previous had the 99 spec replica wing on it they didnt fix that. Still need to make a little lip for the front bumper and spray paint the gas tank black, it has some orange underneath there and I also took off the plastic thing that covers the tank. ive also saw this bumper protector the FEED style. Is there a universal fitment of those and where can I get them I dont car if its CF/Kevlar. I just dont want to scrap the front bumper.

I also got a thumps up from a nice looking EVO X lol.
[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][color="Red"]My reaction when I got my first FD[/color][/SIZE][/font]:lol: Image

VRx8

Postby VRx8 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:14

Any pics or updates bobby?

Rx7boy719

Postby Rx7boy719 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:14

VRx8 wrote:Any pics or updates bobby?

Well sorta lol. I got the car back from Mr. Body shop, the side mirrors & Air side vents are now painted the right color. Now im just putting everything back together, got the interior done except the door panels and the hatch area. Order a lip for the car, hopefully I wont scrap the lip off lol. I was planning on getting some Xenon HID kit from Black Label Performance, not sure if they are legit or not, but i am getting HID lights soon. Now the real problem is to fix the cluster & tail-lights to turn on. Since the weather is getting colder and we have no garage, we're not getting motivated to go out there lol, so we built a mini garage so I can put my in there. Im also gonna get my rims powder-coated so soon its gonna be on jack stands. I might be sending them to Colortuned. Seen some of their products and it came out good so any good from them? but overall its getting there, might be coming out next Spring.
[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][color="Red"]My reaction when I got my first FD[/color][/SIZE][/font]:lol: Image

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:14

Get it done tomorrow so you can bring it to the meet. LOL I drove by Mr. Body Shop yesterday afternoon and looked in to see if I could see your car as I was passing by, maybe it was gone already.

Rx7boy719

Postby Rx7boy719 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:14

speedjunkie wrote:Get it done tomorrow so you can bring it to the meet. LOL I drove by Mr. Body Shop yesterday afternoon and looked in to see if I could see your car as I was passing by, maybe it was gone already.
Oh really, its at the house now just sitting :( .... I wish I can get this done in a snap lol.

confusionisbad

Postby confusionisbad » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:14

When and where is the meet?

speedjunkie wrote:Get it done tomorrow so you can bring it to the meet. LOL I drove by Mr. Body Shop yesterday afternoon and looked in to see if I could see your car as I was passing by, maybe it was gone already.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:14

I'm not sure anyone else is even down to meet tonight lol. I still wouldn't mind at least driving around at least.

Rx7boy719

Postby Rx7boy719 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:14

Today, I met this guy that was delivering our material for the roof to fix and he was like wooh! you got an rx7?! I was like yea. Then he replied saying he has one too an FC. He said hes been building it for about 6 years, but he showed me a picture of his engine bay, it looks nice! He said his car is at Denver getting it built there but he lives here in the Springs. So he said once its finished he'll bring it to our house.

Took the 7 out for a little clean up and get a little picture taken :rolleyes:

My dad collected some HID/LED headlights from Rx8s, we're gonna see how we can make them light up and see if we can just make our own signal lights just like my dads on his 7. Should be interesting to see how this will work.

Saw box of twinkies go for 8 mill on Ebay lol

VRx8

Postby VRx8 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:14

Looking good Bobby! Is it the running lights that wont turn on?

Rx7boy719

Postby Rx7boy719 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:14

Haven't posted lately and haven't really updated the car either lol. Well the dog got on top of the rear bumper and clawed the S@!# out of it lol I can see my primer. So going back to the body shop again. Got the turn signal lights they are black, looks like Eric's I think. I also have question? what are the two knobs in the rear hatch rear? is it to adjust the rear height of the car?

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:14

Good grief. Is this thing ever going to be on the road? LOL Well, I guess it's not as bad as Zico's lol.

What two knobs are you talking about? Above the suspension or further back?

VRx8

Postby VRx8 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:14

I think is the dampening

Rx7boy719

Postby Rx7boy719 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:14

Well yesterday, Cory (older brother) has traded his Yamaha R1 + cash for another FD! Now we have 3 lol. but the guy that traded my brother has also gave him a turbo too. so now hes thinking about swapping his turbo out for an BW. My brother told me if I wanted this GT35r that he has in his car. So looks like ima be back into engine work but this time im probably gonna need help on it since I dont think my dad hasnt installed an single turbo in a car yet but I could be wrong. Either way im probably gonna be in need of help. I can afford my parts now since I work now lol. I already have a turbo manifold but not sure if this wastegate on it even works. I was looking on 7club that people say to leave your primary injectors alone and just upgrade your secondary can this be done with no harm/fuel starvation. Im only on stock ports too. So I need help of getting a setup for my 7.

chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:14

How much power are looking to make? On the 13B, GT35R's are most happy around 400-450rwhp.

For those power levels, for sure keep your stock 550cc primaries. Get some 2000cc secondaries (Bosch EV14 injectors) and an aftermarket top feed fuel rail. The injectors aren't too bad, I got mine from Five0Motorsports for around $145 each and a KG Parts billet rail for around $120. You will need some different lines, though, and decide if you're going will all braided AN hose or what at this point. Personally, it's best to upgrade the lines from the firewall hard lines at this point, and you can delete the failure prone fuel pulsation damper (FPD).

Stock ports will hurt power a little, but not as much as people will lead you to believe. There are some cars out there making over 500rwhp on stock ports, so it can be done.

Otherwise you will need a good manifold, GT35R's are T3 turbos (if it has a T4 hotside it's been modified with a P-Trim wheel more than likely) so you need a T3 manifold and a 44mm wastegate will do the trick. I really like TiAL gates, the MV-R will do just fine. Of course you need a downpipe, 3" diameter at least.

Do you have a PowerFC? You need an EMS to tune for the additional power as well.
:eek:

Rx7boy719

Postby Rx7boy719 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:14

chickenwafer wrote:How much power are looking to make? On the 13B, GT35R's are most happy around 400-450rwhp.

For those power levels, for sure keep your stock 550cc primaries. Get some 2000cc secondaries (Bosch EV14 injectors) and an aftermarket top feed fuel rail. The injectors aren't too bad, I got mine from Five0Motorsports for around $145 each and a KG Parts billet rail for around $120. You will need some different lines, though, and decide if you're going will all braided AN hose or what at this point. Personally, it's best to upgrade the lines from the firewall hard lines at this point, and you can delete the failure prone fuel pulsation damper (FPD).

Stock ports will hurt power a little, but not as much as people will lead you to believe. There are some cars out there making over 500rwhp on stock ports, so it can be done.

Otherwise you will need a good manifold, GT35R's are T3 turbos (if it has a T4 hotside it's been modified with a P-Trim wheel more than likely) so you need a T3 manifold and a 44mm wastegate will do the trick. I really like TiAL gates, the MV-R will do just fine. Of course you need a downpipe, 3" diameter at least.

Do you have a PowerFC? You need an EMS to tune for the additional power as well.

Well im really not looking for power really just wanna swap out my non-seq. twins to single. Ok saw the injectors & rail probably can get those sooner. What fuel lines would you recommend then if im gonna need to take out the stock lines. Recommended Manifold? Would be cool to go twin scroll lol jkjk. TiAl gates & MV-R what are those? one sounds like the BOV. I also have the power FC installed with the commander.

Return to “Rotary Vehicle”