Somebody please give me fc advice!

Talk about your Rotaries!
gs-panda

Somebody please give me fc advice!

Postby gs-panda » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:14

So earlier in the year I mention that my power steering comes on and goes out when driving. After snooping around the fc FAQs I found out that that the car has warning codes that beep when the rx7 key is on "on" soo I counted the beeps it beeped 4 times indicating that the p/s CPU has malfunction or something like that. So today I went to the junkyard bought the p/s CPU and other good stuff off a 87 base model rx7. So around an hour or two ago I swapped out the CPUs and drove the car for a bit. It was all working fine until the power steering got a little hard not too much like before and then, BEEP BEEP, BEEP BEEP, BEEP BEEP, BEEP BEEP, and it was constant!!!!!! So I got home and shut the car off and waited a few minutes and started the car again and it was ok and for the next ten minutes I started to play with the steering wheel moving it right and left until it beeped again and it didn't. So if anybody knows what went wrong and why it beeped like that PLEASE ADVISE ME!!

The rx7 is an 88 vert in case anyone asks

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:14

it sounds like you have a wiring short in that system. You need to start chasing wires. Start with the area that can most easily be dammaged, like under the hood. Clean all the connections as well.
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

gs-panda

RX-7 Chris wrote:it sounds like you have a wiring short in that system. You need to start chasing wires. Start with the area that can most easily be dammaged, like under the hood. Clean all the connections as well.

Chris are you avalible today after 2pm? So maybe you can help me out with this? I'll go down co springs. Honestly I wouldn't know where to start...

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:14

I get off work 5:30 and get home around 6pm I live on the north end of town near Woodmen.

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

My Car Blog

gs-panda

RX-7 Chris wrote:I get off work 5:30 and get home around 6pm I live on the north end of town near Woodmen.

I can go if its ok with you

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:14

I was thinking after you left, you need to clear the codes. that may get rid of the beeping.

http://www.johnr.com/cpucodes.html

1. If you make repairs and want to "clear" the code - to see if you actually fixed things - you should remove the (-) battery cable for about 30 seconds.
  2. Locate the green, SINGLE connector near the battery. It should be close to another green multi-socket connector. Take a jumper wire (anything is fine, old speaker wire, etc.) and cram one end into the single green connector, and ground the other end. (I find the conveniently located (-) battery post usually does the trick)
  3. Get back in the driver's seat, and turn the key to the IGNITION only. DO NOT START THE CAR.
  4. The Check Engine Light should come on (as usual when you hit ignition with no start), and then go out.

My Car Blog

Return to “Rotary Vehicle”