Deals Gap Rotary Rally April 24-27, 2014

Talk about your Rotaries!
vierte

Deals Gap Rotary Rally April 24-27, 2014

Postby vierte » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:14

http://www.dealsgaprotaryrally.com/

Anyone going to the Deals Gap Rotary Rally this coming April? I am starting to plan for it. Got 7 People from around the country planning on going. Might even drive my Turbo Vert out if I can get it wrapped up in time.

We are renting a giant cabin to relax, bbq, and drink beer at in between rotary fun. If you own an rotary powered vehicle and haven't been to the rally, then I highly recommend it.
2003 MazdaSpeed Potege: Wiseco Pistons, Molnar Rods, Walboro 255, Megasquirt Ecu, Front Mount, Daily Driver.
1991 Mazda Rx-7 Convertible: Rebuilt 4-Port Turbo Block, TII drivetrain swap, Walboro 255, Megasquirt, Aeromotive FPR, JIC coilovers, 4" Stainless exhaust, Ticket Getter.
1976 Honda CB750F: Cafe Racer, Powder coated, Rebuilt, re-bearing/bushing, tapered stem bearing upgrade, Garage Project
2014 Silverado: Mazda Support Vehicle
2003 Subaru Forester: What was I thinking?...

JTurton7

Postby JTurton7 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:14

I'm going to try to make it this year... er next year. I really should have gone when I lived on the East Coast haha.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:14

I went in 2006 and had fun, but stayed in a mansion with the other NC folks. Phil was pissed at us for that. Was going to go in 2007 but didn't have the engine rebuilt in time, and we also got into it with Phil about where we were planning on staying. Was going to go in 2012 but got my freshly rebuilt engine back and installed it, and it started burning oil before finishing break-in and decided to forego the trip. Tried to at least get the extra tshirt I paid for from Phil and he wouldn't even give me that, and got pissed when I mentioned just going to drive but not paying, so I haven't talked to him since. I went to Deal's Gap this past April but didn't register or pay, and I was there the Thursday night/Friday morning before the event and the Sunday after the event, and still got to drive the roads and meet a few people without having to pay the Nazi. I like to go but I have a hard time bringing myself to pay that a-hole now. All he cares about is getting paid.

I've been trying to get people out here to attend that event since I got here in 2008. Good luck lol. And we have roads like this out here...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3D6wIkLfBw"]Red Mountain Pass, Colorado - YouTube[/ame]

vierte

Postby vierte » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:14

JTurton7 wrote:I'm going to try to make it this year... er next year. I really should have gone when I lived on the East Coast haha.

lol.. yea.. its a little longer drive now.

speedjunkie wrote: I like to go but I have a hard time bringing myself to pay that a-hole now. All he cares about is getting paid.

I've been trying to get people out here to attend that event since I got here in 2008. Good luck lol. And we have roads like this out here...

lol. yea, that sounds about right. I think the first year I got a group of people to go we got shorted a t-shirt because one of our party didn't show up.. even tho we paid for the shirt. we ended up getting it after making a hassle about it.

So far I have 8 people who are planning on going. Most of them are on the east coast but got a couple that are out here. I'm hoping to be able to drive my vert out for it but it would be cool to get a Colorado party together to make the cruise.
2003 MazdaSpeed Potege: Wiseco Pistons, Molnar Rods, Walboro 255, Megasquirt Ecu, Front Mount, Daily Driver.

1991 Mazda Rx-7 Convertible: Rebuilt 4-Port Turbo Block, TII drivetrain swap, Walboro 255, Megasquirt, Aeromotive FPR, JIC coilovers, 4" Stainless exhaust, Ticket Getter.

1976 Honda CB750F: Cafe Racer, Powder coated, Rebuilt, re-bearing/bushing, tapered stem bearing upgrade, Garage Project

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:14

Yeah I'd love to get a group of us to go together from out here. I also want to get a group to go to SevenStock.

vierte

Postby vierte » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:14

Here is the link to the Facebook event for anyone who might want to join us.

https://www.facebook.com/events/230323203813712/

vierte

Postby vierte » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:14

A little last minute prep before the rally. Almost got the fd stuck on the lift tho.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:14

I actually forgot this was this weekend lol. So you're at the event now? Having fun?

vierte

Postby vierte » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:14

Yup. Well.. Back to civilization now. Had a damn good time and got to beat on all kinds of cars at the tail. Ill post some cool pics when i get back to colorado.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:14

Did you get to witness this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68ys7Uak0WM
This is so awesome! Johnny Kommavongsa asked Melinda Gilbert's hand in marriage at DealsImage Gap Rotary Rally X. They met each other 1 year ago at DGRR 2013! I was very happy to be able to capture this moment. I had no idea it was about to happen. Congratulations!

So cool, lol.

erod550

Postby erod550 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:14

That was pretty cool. But seriously, what kind of pos camera was taking that video? There had to be GoPros all over at an event like this. I'm sure one of those would have taken better video, lol.
2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way
1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:
2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0
2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT
2005 Flame Red SRT-4

vierte

Postby vierte » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:14

I did get to witness that... It was pretty awesome and very unexpected! I also witnessed the one girl who brought an ls swapped fd to the event... Won a new set of apex seals at the raffle.. Ironic! Lol

vierte

Postby vierte » Sat May 10, 2014 9:14

The FD that I built.. rebuilt... and painted. Not too bad looking once its cleaned up. Note the JDM glass sunroof. The silver FC in the background had some baller work under the hood.

But this is the cleanest FD I have ever seen. It was immaculate. Has the same diffuser and side skirts that we hung on the red car the day before the event.

Rx-8 Fail

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Mon May 12, 2014 9:14

That silver FC belongs to my buddy Brian Treffeisen. He lives in Connecticut, drove it to Cali for a race back in 2010, stayed at my place here in C Springs on the way. Ended up staying here for a couple days while he rebuilt his turbos (after he'd already rebuilt them once earlier in the trip). He made it to Cali, but too late for the race. He rebuilt the turbos again. Then rebuilt the engine and turbos because he discovered that the exhaust sleeves had been breaking off and ruining the turbos. After he rebuilt the engine and turbos he drove back to Connecticut. He's a good dude.

That white FD is Ha-MAZING.

Return to “Rotary Vehicle”