Build Thread

Talk about your Rotaries!
$crillaTor

Postby $crillaTor » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:14

I think it may be where the exhaust manifold bolts to the block. It seems the leak is a little less noticeable after taking out the bolts and re-tightening them. There is ONE that is about impossible to get to and get any torque on though, and that seems to be where the leak is coming from. I just have to figure out a way to get some more leverage on that one and hopefully that will get rid of my John Deere sounding rotary...

I also think I'm still running a bit rich. At idle my AFR is right at 12, but I'm getting quite a bit of gas smelling smoke from the exhaust. Might have to tweak a few cells.

lOOkatme

Postby lOOkatme » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:14

$crillaTor wrote:I think it may be where the exhaust manifold bolts to the block. It seems the leak is a little less noticeable after taking out the bolts and re-tightening them. There is ONE that is about impossible to get to and get any torque on though, and that seems to be where the leak is coming from. I just have to figure out a way to get some more leverage on that one and hopefully that will get rid of my John Deere sounding rotary...

I also think I'm still running a bit rich. At idle my AFR is right at 12, but I'm getting quite a bit of gas smelling smoke from the exhaust. Might have to tweak a few cells.

the exhaust leak will effect the AFR reading. you need to fix that completely and we can touch up tune the car.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:14

Do you have any pics of your car? I've had two coworkers tell me they've seen a burnt orange FD with black or gunmetal wheels. One of the guys lives right behind you and said he told you "nice RX-7", a tall, skinny white kid.

$crillaTor

Postby $crillaTor » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:14

Ahh yes. If I remember correctly he was driving a Ford pickup. I need to upload a video for shadow and I'll put up some pictures as well. I just need to remember to do it!

Does he live directly behind me? I don't know the people in that house because it's a rental and changes tenants pretty much every year. I have seen a tall skinny guy in ABU's at that house though. Probably him.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:14

He has a blacked out newer Tacoma. That was probably him. He's a SrA.

Return to “Rotary Vehicle”