Build Thread

Talk about your Rotaries!
lOOkatme

Postby lOOkatme » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:14

$crillaTor wrote:Good to know, thanks!

On a separate note, I am wondering about the Fuel Injector Atomization vacuum hose. I have it connected to the turbo side of the IC piping. I did this according to a diagram that many have used successfully. Is that right though? Should it just be capped off?

I have mine just like yours.

$crillaTor

Postby $crillaTor » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:14

So I talked to the fuel injector vendor. He said the readings I got on the injectors are normal. He also stated that there are many people he knows of using the same injectors with the PFC.

Back to square one...

$crillaTor

This was bugging me so bad I had to come home at lunch and troubleshoot. Well it turns out I'm an idiot. I found the problem. The injector plugs were hooked up all wrong. Primary to secondary, front to rear, all messed up. The odd thing is that I know when I re-did my harness I marked those injector cables how they were setup on my stock fuel system. I probably should have went by the color code... That may also explain some of the issues I was having with my stock setup. Blah!

Anyway, all I have to do is change the plug connectors over, put the connectors on the correct injectors, put everything back together and it 'SHOULD' be done...

AHHHH!!!!!

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:14

glad you figured it out.
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:14

So did you rewrap the harness with them in the wrong place? I can't believe the secondary connectors reach the opposite injectors lol. Glad you got it figured out though.

$crillaTor

Yep. rewrapped it wrong. I extended all the injector wires by about 6 inches when I did that also, so that's how they reached.

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:14

Did you redo the wiring and confirm that all is well except the now overly lean map?

$crillaTor

Postby $crillaTor » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:14

I haven't had time yet. I probably won't get to it until Saturday morning. By all expectations though, the map should be the only issue at this point that will keep me from driving it.

lOOkatme

Postby lOOkatme » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:14

I think we can fix the map rather quickly and get this car running....very well.

FDEEZ

Postby FDEEZ » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:14

I just returned from a long vacation & I saw you on Powers while catching up on some errands...looks like it's up and running...congrats! That car really knows how to stick out in traffic...and I mean that in a good way!

lOOkatme

Postby lOOkatme » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:14

are you sure it is his? there are (3) orange FD's in the springs.

FDEEZ

Postby FDEEZ » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:14

Oops! I didn't know that. Now I'm not sure. Regardless, somebody's driving around in a nice orange FD in the springs.

$crillaTor

Postby $crillaTor » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:14

Yep. Not me. Mine is still in my garage. Hopefully on the road tomorrow!!!

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:14

If it had black wheels and was bright orange it was Bobby's, if it had polished wheels and was more burnt orange it was Cody's.

$crillaTor

Postby $crillaTor » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:14

Well, mine is officially back on the road today! Andy and I just got done with the first tuning session. A couple more times and it should be dialed in nicely. We didn't really get into the boost too much today, but I can definitely tell the car wants to go. It was really hard to keep it out of boost.

There are a few minor things I need to fix:

- Small exhaust leak. Where the turbo attaches to the downpipe, I just can't seem to get that V-band clamp quite right. I dunno if I need a new clamp or what. Whatever the case is, my car kinda sounds like a tractor right now.

- Small coolant leak - One of the clamps holding the coolant line on my radiator needs tightened. There is a drop or two every couple hours it seems right now. Unfortunately that clamp is a bitch to get at with my intake the way it is.

- Tachometer..... Stupid thing doesn't work at all. I probably broke it when I took it apart trying to clean it last winter...

- Speedometer - It still reacts slow and I think it is reading under how fast I'm really going. The PFC seems to get the speed signal though, so I don't think it is the sensor.

I found a guy who has a used cluster (from a 5speed, not automatic like my cluster) for a decent price. He says it all functions properly so I'm going to try and pick that up.

Minor things to do but I'm just stoked that the car is back on the road. Thanks to Andy for making that happen with the tuning.

EDIT: Dude just sold the gauge cluster... Dammit! It was only $200...

Return to “Rotary Vehicle”