update on my vert.

Talk about your Rotaries!
gs-panda

update on my vert.

Postby gs-panda » Tue May 20, 2014 9:14

hey guys, been awhile since the last time I got on. so here's what ive been up to

new front rotors. changed them along with the wheel bearings (pain in the a**)

new seats that bought off my neighbor. The driver side is temporary going to find something better and as for the passenger I need to find or make a seat rails for it

NRG innovations steering w/ gen 2 quick release hub. I felt very unsafe with the cheesy ebay steering wheel it had.

Then after the nrg wheel was installed and did the bend test on it...I SMASHED my old wheel around my sidewalk...that was fun :)
it was suppose to be purple vacuums line but they turn out to be a pinkish purple, but its all good its not like any of the colors match the car anyways

heres a video. its running at a very high idle (4,000 rpm to be exact) but I shut it off shortly after the video was taken. when I was changing out the vacuum lines I BROKE the nipples on 2 solenoids the (blue) relief and (orange) switching solenoids causing yet another vacuum leak but at least I know where it is this time... so if anyone has spare rats nest laying around please reply
future stuff to come poor man's manual steering rack, racing beat headers, 2.25 or maybe 2.5 inch straight pipe to a 3.5 inch outlet with bosozoku style exhaust tip. a carbon fiber d-1 hood (because the stock hood smashed into my windshield bringing my car back from bollman).

vierte

Postby vierte » Tue May 20, 2014 9:14

Awesome to see another vert!!! ... Know what that thing needs?... Turbo swap!!
2003 MazdaSpeed Potege: Wiseco Pistons, Molnar Rods, Walboro 255, Megasquirt Ecu, Front Mount, Daily Driver.
1991 Mazda Rx-7 Convertible: Rebuilt 4-Port Turbo Block, TII drivetrain swap, Walboro 255, Megasquirt, Aeromotive FPR, JIC coilovers, 4" Stainless exhaust, Ticket Getter.
1976 Honda CB750F: Cafe Racer, Powder coated, Rebuilt, re-bearing/bushing, tapered stem bearing upgrade, Garage Project
2014 Silverado: Mazda Support Vehicle
2003 Subaru Forester: What was I thinking?...

gs-panda

Postby gs-panda » Tue May 20, 2014 9:14

vierte wrote:Awesome to see another vert!!! ... Know what that thing needs?... Turbo swap!!

I'm highly considering it, but I wont be able to until I move out my mom's house because she'll just nag the mess i'll make and question me if I know what I'm doing lol

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Wed May 21, 2014 9:14

it looks like the car is moving along
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

gs-panda

Postby gs-panda » Wed May 21, 2014 9:14

RX-7 Chris wrote:it looks like the car is moving along

Yeah its pretty straight forward process with the vacuum lines. The seats only cost me 50 bucks. Got a deal on the nrg steering wheel. Vacuum lines look better than before. all the stock lines cracked when removing them, which broke 2 of my solenoids nipples. Now I'm rewiring the stereo and installing fresh new speakers while I look for those solenoids. Its coming along well just some minor stuff is needed

Return to “Rotary Vehicle”